Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CFM Performance Valve Cover Breather

Trader history for Chris@CFM (0)

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #43
Chris, what are the exact performance benefits of this breather?
[MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] its meant to be a very simple yet super effective method of venting positive crankcase pressure, especially on boosted applications.

Here's a link detailing the negative effects of crankcase pressure.
http://www.shophemi.com/images/media/p-2273-arrington_ccv_bible.pdf

The factory PCV valve flows one way, to prevent boost from entering the crankcase. This means that under boost the excess pressure will work it's way out through the clean side pcv (thus entering the intake) or a seal (CTSV's are notorious for leaky rear mains).

Our breather simply replaces the oil cap (10 second installation!! lol) and facilitates venting ONLY under boost via the one way valve. Under vacuum (which is when the PCV kicks in) the ball seals preventing unmetered air from entering as well as allowing 100% function of the factory pcv. This is why we recommend running a closed system oil separator (Such as the Mishimoto) on the PCV/ "Dirty" side. The breather and catch can both work under 2 different conditions, venting excess pressure at boost, and drawing out crankcase contaminants under vacuum.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] its meant to be a very simple yet super effective method of venting positive crankcase pressure, especially on boosted applications.

Here's a link detailing the negative effects of crankcase pressure.
http://www.shophemi.com/images/media/p-2273-arrington_ccv_bible.pdf

The factory PCV valve flows one way, to prevent boost from entering the crankcase. This means that under boost the excess pressure will work it's way out through the clean side pcv (thus entering the intake) or a seal (CTSV's are notorious for leaky rear mains).

Our breather simply replaces the oil cap (10 second installation!! lol) and facilitates venting ONLY under boost via the one way valve. Under vacuum (which is when the PCV kicks in) the ball seals preventing unmetered air from entering as well as allowing 100% function of the factory pcv. This is why we recommend running a closed system oil separator (Such as the Mishimoto) on the PCV/ "Dirty" side. The breather and catch can both work under 2 different conditions, venting excess pressure at boost, and drawing out crankcase contaminants under vacuum.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Awesome, thanks for that link, made for some good reading! Just placed my order on Amazon for the breather in bling gloss red!

Bluedrank

Silly question, but do you guys have a shop locally that people can buy from or is it just online sales only? I realized that CFM stood for Central Florida Motorsports and figured I'd ask.

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #49
It came a lot sooner than expected! Looks really good with the other red items in my engine bay. Very high quality part.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Looks awesome thanks for the pics!

Awesome, thanks for that link, made for some good reading! Just placed my order on Amazon for the breather in bling gloss red!
You're welcome! Thanks for the order let me know if you need anything else.

Silly question, but do you guys have a shop locally that people can buy from or is it just online sales only? I realized that CFM stood for Central Florida Motorsports and figured I'd ask.
The only silly questions are the one you don't ask ;). We are indeed in Central Florida, Longwood to be exact. While we do not have a showroom, we do have a pickup area for local customers. You can come in and order, or save time by ordering online and opting for local pickup. We'll let you know when it's available to pickup.

Let me know what you need and i can check stock or order in as needed!

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #50
It came a lot sooner than expected! Looks really good with the other red items in my engine bay. Very high quality part.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Looks awesome thanks for the pics!

You're welcome! Thanks for the order let me know if you need anything else.

The only silly questions are the one you don't ask ;). We are indeed in Central Florida, Longwood to be exact. While we do not have a showroom, we do have a pickup area for local customers. You can come in and order, or save time by ordering online and opting for local pickup. We'll let you know when it's available to pickup.

Let me know what you need and i can check stock or order in as needed!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Got my breather shipped in 2 days! Woot looks great under the hood, finally got some bling bling [coolsmile]

Got my breather shipped to Australia within a week, awesome bit of kit. Great company to deal with thanks for your assistance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wanted to provide feedback to my experience with [MENTION=2221]Chris@CFM[/MENTION]. My breather cap was off the car for a while so the o-ring was shrunken and a little rough. I emailed Chris and he got me the specs for the size and material of the o-ring. After checking a bunch of places locally I couldn't find one so Chris offered to send me a replacement. Got it a few days later and it worked great! There was a noticeable difference in size between the old and new. Great customer service from CFM and the breather is GREAT.