Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP fiesta st catback owners!

How much noise reduction would you say it did? My resonator plan failed. Not enough room to mount the resonator where i wanted. I have some peel and seal hanging around from another car I sound deadened. Maybe I'll give that a shot.
I deleted the sound composer and only did half of the trunk with Dynomat and it's a BIG diffidence. I would have to shout to talk to my wife before and now we can actually have a normal conversation. It's still a bit loud on the freeway with acceleration but not like before. If I do the other half of the trunk, I'm thinking I can bring down the noise a good 45-50%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

I deleted the sound composer and only did half of the trunk with Dynomat and it's a BIG diffidence. I would have to shout to talk to my wife before and now we can actually have a normal conversation. It's still a bit loud on the freeway with acceleration but not like before. If I do the other half of the trunk, I'm thinking I can bring down the noise a good 45-50%.

Perhaps that's the way I'll go. Some days there is no drone, and I can barely hear the exhaust. Other days (like this morning) I swear it's louder in the car than outside the car. My ears are still ringing after an 8 mile commute lol.

Perhaps that's the way I'll go. Some days there is no drone, and I can barely hear the exhaust. Other days (like this morning) I swear it's louder in the car than outside the car. My ears are still ringing after an 8 mile commute lol.

grnmachine02

So after doing some "science" I'm going to add a j pipe/helmholtz/branch resonator. Like the CP-E exhaust uses. I'll report back in a few days.

I added Dynomat to my trunk and man did it help!

I was thinking thats all it may need for the little highway drone I get at like 3k RPM. How hard was it to install? Also what did it cost? Maybe [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] could come & tell us about how much it would cost for his stuff in our trunk...that sounded dirty

I was thinking thats all it may need for the little highway drone I get at like 3k RPM. How hard was it to install? Also what did it cost? Maybe [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] could come & tell us about how much it would cost for his stuff in our trunk...that sounded dirty
it wasn't much and it's really helped a lot!

grnmachine02

Back on the branch resonator idea. Got some material coming in to build some, I think this is going to be the best solution. Get rid of the drone, instead of trying to cover it up. It'll either work, or fail miserably. My math looks solid, so we'll see what happens.

I picked up a slightly used MBRP and it's way too loud for me.

I'm gonna be taking it off and going back to stock.

FS sooner than later.

So here is a tip, specifically for you. I went on a road trip this weekend and when I was packing I threw a big thick blanket and a pillow under the time floor board, like on top of the spare wheel. That cut out a lot of the drone, sound deadening the trunk definitely helped with the booming that echoes above the spare tire. Right now I've got an old comforter under there acting as a sort of poor man's sound deadening. It doesn't eliminate the drone, but it helps, and it cuts the booming wayy down. Give it a try and let me know if I'm just blatantly lying or not, but I think it definitely helps.

I picked up a slightly used MBRP and it's way too loud for me.

I'm gonna be taking it off and going back to stock.

FS sooner than later.
Any idea on price? I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

FistSt215

I don't understand why people complain about the MBRP being to loud . I run the mbrp with catless depo do and sounds amazing . There is drone but it's nothing that I can't stand .

TempeST

I Changed out my MBRP muffler with a MagnaPack and a Vibrant Resonator at the end with a new tip. so its not MBRP much at all except for the Stainless Piping. but heres a video of mine with my DHM EFR kit.
[video=youtube;rqtFwPeHv8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtFwPeHv8E[/video]

I don't understand why people complain about the MBRP being to loud . I run the mbrp with catless depo do and sounds amazing . There is drone but it's nothing that I can't stand .
Can you post a video? If I get an exhaust which I might need to that will be my setup

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yup, I posted that so long ago. Whoosh is the cheapest place you will find any MBRp.
hey that's me!
I'm in the process of setting up a vendor account so I can't technically post sale threads but my site has plenty of FIST parts for sale at great prices.
Also picking up a 2016 FIST as a fun project vehicle. Thanks for the kind words!

DvC

hey that's me!
I'm in the process of setting up a vendor account so I can't technically post sale threads but my site has plenty of FIST parts for sale at great prices.
Also picking up a 2016 FIST as a fun project vehicle. Thanks for the kind words!
i remember you from the CSRT days. Good to see you again [like]

any MBRP owners with a rattle from the exhaust? It's like the exhaust is tapping against the exhaust tunnel on the bottom of the car?

The noise for me is not consistent, it only happens when the weather is hot out or I just finished driving aggressively for a couple of minutes.

I brought it to a mechanic to put it on a lift, he is saying cause my Cobb DP is slightly shorter then my Stock DP which is causing the MBRP to run really close to the exhaust tunnel. I looked at it under the lift and it doesn't seem like it's too close.

If I were to compare it to something, it's like tapping your finger against a table but obviously louder.

Any feedback would be great cause I don't want to change exhausts cause I love the way my exhaust sounds.