Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Never purchasing another Mishimoto product

DvC

Based on real world testing which performed best in the real world.
the mishi performs slightly better on the track. the difference is nothing to write home about as they both keep temps in check. the mountune is made better, though, a friend had trouble getting the mishi to fit on his car due to tabs that were off center the same funky fan shroud stuff as Op

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The OEM radiator in my prior car was great. One hot Summer day, I took the car over to the manual auto wash. Left it idling while I washed the car. Still had some time left on the clock and thought it'd be a good idea to hose down the radiator. Well, it turns out that super-cooling hot metal is bad. About a week later it developed a tiny crack that made it suck-in air as the radiator was cooling. Having heard/read soooo many stories about replacement ones with the plastic side-tanks, I read about another purchaser in an online forum who had managed to find and acquire an all aluminum radiator; specifically for our vehicles. First thing I noticed is it was significantly heavier. Second was I noticed it had cooling lines for the automatic transmission. (mine was a manual shift) Third thing I noticed is the fan shroud wouldn't fit flush; had to flex it a bit to line up with the holes. Longer story short, this replacement, didn't last even 2% of the time that the OEM did; was leaking like mad, rotting out my radiator mounts. The lifetime warranty? Well, the manufacturer conveniently quit manufacturing them, and offered up the same standard crap that you can get from an AutoZ parts store. Ontop of that, it would take at least two weeks to pay for a box, pay for shipping, ship it, and wait for a different cheap replacement to be returned. So I just went down to the local parts store and got the standard one with plastic side tanks. Posting feedback in the forum where I originally learned about the product, it turns out that the reviewer had his first one go out in short-order too. (he just hadn't said anything until I updated his thread with my experience)

Seemed like a good product on the outset, but experience is the ultimate judge.

Here goes my rant. I originally purchased a Mishi rad / fan shroud as it was the only product available for radiators for the FiST at the time. The fan shrouds welds were so poor I couldn't install the stock fan to it until I did some extensive grinding on the brand new Mishi product. I complained and they sent me some stickers...

Next, I stupidly bought the Mishimoto catch can because I had a gift card to Amazon. The bracket is already bending off the catch can and will definitely break soon. So, after owning it for 3 weeks, I sent in info for a replacement with their "lifetime warranty". Now they want me to pay $15 in shipping costs for them to send me a replacement? I spend close to $200 for a defective product, and they want me to shell out more money for a replacement that will break again.

Don't make the same mistake I did, don't buy the catch can, don't support Mishi as they make sub-par products and overcharge like crazy. If there was a decent radiator available when I made my purchase I would not have gone Mishi.

End rant.
Hey codestp202,

Sorry to hear that your experience has been less than ideal. Shooting you a DM to see if there is anything I can do to help out.

Thanks
-Jake

So many complaints on this thread and vendor only addresses one person. Does that mean every person has to start their own thread about their bad experience with them? [unsurelaugh]

So many complaints on this thread and vendor only addresses one person. Does that mean every person has to start their own thread about their bad experience with them? [unsurelaugh]
Hey slowcord,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, codestp202 brought up an issue in relation to his communications with our team. This is why I decided to reach out. If you have a problem, question, or concern, feel free to shoot me a DM or reach out directly to support@mishimoto.com

Thanks,
-Jake

It bums me out a bit to hear all the negative stuff about Mishimoto. I run their CAI, OCC and the coolant overflow tank. I have had zero issues with anything. Everything fit great and seems like quality stuff to me although I do agree the OCC bracket could be better. I admit I didn't really do any research about their reputation before buying their parts. The three parts were early purchases for me. I do way more research now for any part. Maybe I got lucky. I also never had to deal with their customer service. I do like their installation videos.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It bums me out a bit to hear all the negative stuff about Mishimoto. I run their CAI, OCC and the coolant overflow tank. I have had zero issues with anything. Everything fit great and seems like quality stuff to me although I do agree the OCC bracket could be better. I admit I didn't really do any research about their reputation before buying their parts. The three parts were early purchases for me. I do way more research now for any part. Maybe I got lucky. I also never had to deal with their customer service. I do like their installation videos.
I am glad you have had OK results with them.......but their BBB rating speaks for itself. They were busted lying to the BBB on my complaint. 2 years and on what, fix #6 for their intake? They know about the junk OCC bracket.......do they fix it? NO, just charge the customer to send the same POS bracket out? I am very disappointed in this forum allowing them to continue as a vendor with their bad and getting worse record. It is why other than Mountune and Damond I will not buy anything from other vendors on this forum, no policing of vendors.