Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

X37 reliability issues? Seems I have read of some but cannot find them now

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Considering selling my DHM turbo system and going with an X37 or similar and thought I saw some posts of blown X37 turbos but have not been able to find anything, maybe I did not use the right search terms, etc..

I prefer to just sell the whole car with the GT2560R billet wheel upgrade or a GTX the buyer would prefer, etc but since no takers I may just keep it and detune a few things to meet my current needs.

Let me know, what you know, please:)

Rick

pwnall1337

Vendor
Considering selling my DHM turbo system and going with an X37 or similar and thought I saw some posts of blown X37 turbos but have not been able to find anything, maybe I did not use the right search terms, etc..

I prefer to just sell the whole car with the GT2560R billet wheel upgrade or a GTX the buyer would prefer, etc but since no takers I may just keep it and detune a few things to meet my current needs.

Let me know, what you know, please:)

Rick

Hey [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION], long time no talk! While you may be able to find one used the x37 is no longer in production. If you check out the vendor section the x47r is on sale until 8/31 at reduced price. The x47r will make around 275 whp SAE corrected on 93 octane fuel and on the stock fuel system, and with aux fuel around 320 whp SAE corrected. I also run this turbo on my own car and reliability is stout, every turbo has a few failures out there which is why Pumaspeed offers a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-ST-Pumaspeed-X47R-Turbocharger_p_12.html

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Also make certain you are OK with the X37/47 whistle. It is annoying. In hindsight, and with all the other turbos on the market now (mountune mrx, revo, etc.) I would have gone in another direction.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Also make certain you are OK with the X37/47 whistle. It is annoying. In hindsight, and with all the other turbos on the market now (mountune mrx, revo, etc.) I would have gone in another direction.
[MENTION=4220]kivnul[/MENTION] the whistle is a non issue on my car (cobb intake), and I don't even hear it really. Do you happen to have the 2JR intake?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the info, inputs, experiences, etc.....:)

In order to do this I need to recover as much as I can out of the DHM setup so looking for a used turbo, stock manifold(prefer ported so I do not have to do another one),etc. If I bought new parts I would not gain much in return from selling my used DHM setup to make it worth while.

If someone has a good setup and wants to work a trade that makes sense to us both then I will go that route or just keep the DHM, sell the GT25 and put a GTX on and retune.

Rick

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
[MENTION=4220]kivnul[/MENTION] the whistle is a non issue on my car (cobb intake), and I don't even hear it really. Do you happen to have the 2JR intake?
CPE. I have put a felt type liner over the box and it helped some. If I plug the cold air intake part of it it helps even more.. but after both "mods" I may as well not have the supper nice looking intake. I am neurotic and noises like that drive me up the wall.