Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8s ARE AVAILABLE!!!

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #62
So I sent an email to the German supplier just now. We'll see if I get a reply or things get lost in the translation. Their price is 231 Euro or about $203. Shipping looked like 125 euro or around $110. They were on Ebay and had PayPal. Fingers crossed...

koozy

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=4665]kona16[/MENTION] found a place ~$285 shipped for 2 [deviltail]

Says they're in stock for immediate shipping. Will PM you details to verify that.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If the original dampers are used up the true cost of a set of Koni Sport dampers is around 100 bucks more than Motorcraft replacements. I didn't factor in any possible rebates or if your uncle owns a Ford dealership. So, it's not hundreds of dollars difference. It's more like three high quality synthetic oil changes difference. I think any of us who really like our Fiesta's would agree that a huge handling improvement for around one Benjamin just ain't shit when you get right down it.
I got interested in this info so I did a search. A couple of things came up one is Tire Rack lists B4’s as OE replacements.
Two, was the the strut change for our cars was listed as 2/15/16. Which means any car made after 2/16 has the newer softened dampers. This is interesting as it means most 2016’s came with the later struts and shocks.

On to the cost the pre 2016 are $120 per side from online Ford dealers. Thing is the newer ones are extremely cheap averaging $67 per side. On the rears its $75 per side.
So on the earlier cars a set of Konis would cost $250 more and on the later cars a set of Koni’s would cost $320 more .

The Bilsteins are about a $100-$150 cheaper if they were available and considering that a B8 would definitely be a bargain suspension wise with lowering springs.

Except that if one went Swifts then with Koni’s they are at $900 and with Bilsteins about $800 .

Which still puts one firmly in the ballpark of MeisterR and or $200 more ST XA ( built and sold by KW) Giving camber plates,adustment on shock height as added bonuses.

So ya Bilateins could be a deal if one gets springs for $200 or less and manages to get the Bilsteins for $400-500.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #65
So I bleepin' went for it!!!

Placed an order online at a place that koozy PM'd me in North Wales that said "in stock, available for immediate dispatch". Cost per was a little more but the shipping was a lot lower so it balanced out. Chose the UPS Express shipping for around $30, "2 - 4 working days from day of dispatch", $2 more then the lowest method of "P2P, 6 - 12 working days", per their website. Also used PayPal so helps my confidence with their online ordering.

My original US order was a super sale price of $208.15, the price I just paid, $255, is still less then what other US distributors are offering currently though not available. So price paid is still discounted, very happy!!!

I will keep everyone informed on the status and progress of this order and hopefully a final solution to my Bilstein headache... and thanks again to koozy for all the research help and suggestions!

CSM

1000 Post Club

Placed an order online at a place that koozy PM'd me in North Wales that said "in stock, available for immediate dispatch". Cost per was a little more but the shipping was a lot lower so it balanced out. Chose the UPS Express shipping for around $30, "2 - 4 working days from day of dispatch", $2 more then the lowest method of "P2P, 6 - 12 working days", per their website. Also used PayPal so helps my confidence with their online ordering.

My original US order was a super sale price of $208.15, the price I just paid, $255, is still less then what other US distributors are offering currently though not available. So price paid is still discounted, very happy!!!

I will keep everyone informed on the status and progress of this order and hopefully a final solution to my Bilstein headache... and thanks again to koozy for all the research help and suggestions!
Very interested as well as I am wanting to buy a set of the PSS coilovers from Bilstein!!! Can you send info on the seller via PM?

Looks like huge backorders is a common problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope for you UPS does not buttfuck you with duty & customs fees like they do to us Canadians when we buy things from the States.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #69
Very interested as well as I am wanting to buy a set of the PSS coilovers from Bilstein!!! Can you send info on the seller via PM?
PM sent, hope all goes well with your search and availability! Part numbers should be the same as US.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #70
Another thing that might be helping pricing is the exchange rate... $1 = .78 pounds and $1 = .88 euros.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #71
FYI... I did get an email reply from the other supplier in the UK today and they also can get the B8s! They said they "are available in the UK, we can ship within 48 hours of your order", which sounds possibly like drop shipped. Also "shipping is free" to the US! These guys were a little more $ then my current order but are definitely a good "plan B" if needed.

Waiting on tracking number from the order I placed, will update when status changes.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #72
Latest update...

So I didn't hear anything from supplier so I sent an email yesterday asking about status and a tracking number. I received a reply today with a tracking number, so of course I checked it and...it is "out for delivery" today by 3:00 pm!!!

So far so good on this order. I placed the order late on Friday, they were closed in the UK, they shipped on Monday and it should be delivered today!

Will continue to keep everyone posted...

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #73
So without any further delay...THEY ARRIVED!!! Ready for install...

So to recap this crazy ride...B8s ordered a year ago, nationwide back order...still. Tried to find overseas possibility but price was high and I kinda' gave up. Then after a year...I had to do something so asked the forum for help. The overseas ordering thought came up again and the search began. [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] provided some possibilities (thanks again) so I emailed to check stock and confirm shipping to the USA to a few suppliers. Decided to just go for it and placed an order last Friday after hours in the UK. The order was processed and shipped on Monday and was delivered today, Wednesday! The price was great, from UK including shipping the total was less then most US distributors without shipping!

I mentioned to them that they will probably be seeing more orders from the US if all went well with my "lab rat" order.

So I highly recommend placing an order ASAP if you are in need of B8 rears, 24-239349, before those are gone and on back order in Europe...lol!

Also if you're looking for B14s, their price was way lower then in the US so I would check/order now!

Attachments

dmb

Just ordered the U.K. ebay ones, the extra $40 is worth the 8 months and if i only knew this was going to happen. You can bet they will all of a sudden become available at a discount next week.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #75
If any one wants to know...the top secret UK supplier for Bilsteins is...

"Demon Tweeks"

There are a few others but so far they have the best pricing...[hihi]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
kona16
Thread Starter #78
Just to follow up with everyone...

Installed the rear B8s and all is good! The ride is a little firmer with the Mountune springs compared to the stock units. Still no way near the stock spring, stock shock harsh set up.

So if you need any Bilstein products, I highly recommend using Demon Tweeks. Good price and fast reasonable shipping, got mine in 2 business days for $30!

Attachments

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the tip!

Just used Demon Tweeks and ordered a set of Bilstein PSS for my 2014 Fiesta ST. Came to $832 shipped. Not bad!

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #80
Thanks for the tip!

Just used Demon Tweeks and ordered a set of Bilstein PSS for my 2014 Fiesta ST. Came to $832 shipped. Not bad!
Any update on installation yet? I know you were waiting for other parts prior to install...interested in finding out about your results.