Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well This is It.

zanethan

So my wife and I had to make a difficult adult decision, turns out 2 people don’t really need 4 cars... so we traded in the Fiesta and her Mazda 6 for a 2019 Accord 2.0 with the manual (duh!). Ultimately, we’re saving roughly $200 a month between payments and insurance. That coupled with the fact that I ride my bike to work 90% of the time meant the Fiesta just sat and it was getting depressing to watch. (Also there was the electrical gremlin that neither I nor the dealer could figure out and the fact that I hated driving her Mazda). The Fiesta will be missed but I hope whoever buys it enjoys it as it was meant to be enjoyed.

I’ll be posting up some items for sale soon but if you think you might be interested hit me up with a PM. (BRZ seats, Racng Shift Knob, Weathertech Floor Mats and Cargo Mat, CoverKing StormProof Cover, and a Shorty Antenna)

Typhoon, you’re my boy blue!

jeff

2000 Post Club
So my wife and I had to make a difficult adult decision, turns out 2 people don’t really need 4 cars... so we traded in the Fiesta and her Mazda 6 for a 2019 Accord 2.0 with the manual (duh!). Ultimately, we’re saving roughly $200 a month between payments and insurance. That coupled with the fact that I ride my bike to work 90% of the time meant the Fiesta just sat and it was getting depressing to watch. (Also there was the electrical gremlin that neither I nor the dealer could figure out and the fact that I hated driving her Mazda). The Fiesta will be missed but I hope whoever buys it enjoys it as it was meant to be enjoyed.

I’ll be posting up some items for sale soon but if you think you might be interested hit me up with a PM. (BRZ seats, Racng Shift Knob, Weathertech Floor Mats and Cargo Mat, CoverKing StormProof Cover, and a Shorty Antenna)

Typhoon, you’re my boy blue!
Dude....you got the 2.0 turbo with the manual, the unicorn, the Civic R sedan version!!! Screw the Fiesta, please tell me how the Accord drives/how you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super happy for you, the car you got is supposed to be the bomb!!!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dude....you got the 2.0 turbo with the manual, the unicorn, the Civic R sedan version!!! Screw the Fiesta, please tell me how the Accord drives/how you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super happy for you, the car you got is supposed to be the bomb!!!
Ditto on that Accord. Since the engines are related, Hondata has a tune that will get you into striking distance of the Type R! I really (REALLY) tried back in November to convince my wife to get one but we went with the FoST instead. Still pine over it. Congrats dude. Excellent choice!

OP
zanethan

zanethan

Thread Starter #4
It’s amazing so far! It bats well above it’s weight in terms of tech and luxury for the price (Ours was around $30k OTD before we added the extended warranty). Unfortunately, we aren’t going to be tuning it but even stock it runs mid to high 13 second quarter miles. Plus it’s quiet, comfortable, and has adaptive cruise control (which is amazing). Haven’t had a chance to really push it as we’re still in the break in period but so far I have no concerns about how fun it’ll be. I did a ton of research on it before pulling the trigger but I think it was the right choice at the end of the day.

jeff

2000 Post Club
It’s amazing so far! It bats well above it’s weight in terms of tech and luxury for the price (Ours was around $30k OTD before we added the extended warranty). Unfortunately, we aren’t going to be tuning it but even stock it runs mid to high 13 second quarter miles. Plus it’s quiet, comfortable, and has adaptive cruise control (which is amazing). Haven’t had a chance to really push it as we’re still in the break in period but so far I have no concerns about how fun it’ll be. I did a ton of research on it before pulling the trigger but I think it was the right choice at the end of the day.
Yeah totally. I’ve followed this car, it’s the amazing car that no one is buying even in lower trim. You got the filet here. And after reading what you went through with your Fiesta I don’t blame you at all for swapping rides.

OP
zanethan

zanethan

Thread Starter #6
Yeah totally. I’ve followed this car, it’s the amazing car that no one is buying even in lower trim. You got the filet here. And after reading what you went through with your Fiesta I don’t blame you at all for swapping rides.
Agree this thing is the bargain of the decade right now. I’d take it over a 3 Series BMW, hell even an M3, everyday of the week. It’s all about stupid crossovers in America right now, which is just so asinine.

I will say that they also had a base Passport there and the price was actually lower than the Accord. We had no interest but I could see where a family would absolutely ditch a sedan for the suv in that case.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yeah seems like a cool car I could never justify one as my Wife and a manual transmission is a no go. The fiesta is my special vehicle. Is it just the engine and transmission combo anything else special? Not really a big fan of adaptive cruise control at all. Glad you're happy though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Extended warranty on a Honda? LOL. I mainly tease, but I could never justify spending the money for that...

Anyway, great choice in car for a manual sedan for the cost, glad you guys are happy and thanks for posting!

OP
zanethan

zanethan

Thread Starter #9
Yeah seems like a cool car I could never justify one as my Wife and a manual transmission is a no go. The fiesta is my special vehicle. Is it just the engine and transmission combo anything else special? Not really a big fan of adaptive cruise control at all. Glad you're happy though.

Luckily (and unluckily) a manual is mandatory for my wife. It’s making it harder to buy cars. The engine and transmission are basically straight out of the Type R (with a different tune and heads). It’s just also a great blend of comfort and fun. The Fiesta was starting to get old driving in the potholed wasteland of Charlotte.

In regards to the warranty, it was mostly for the electronics since cars are basically giant computers now.

Know the feeling of needing to get a different car. My FiST will be paid off next year and we are moving in 2 years out of the city. I told my wife I am keeping my FiST but I will need a truck for when the snow hits as the roads outside the city don't get plowed. Hope you new car is trouble free, I have lots of friends with Hondas and they all love them. Even my buddy Wade with his crx that's now in the garage being worked on because his clutch assembly broke. It's a 1991 and that's the only problem he has had out of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Know the feeling of needing to get a different car. My FiST will be paid off next year and we are moving in 2 years out of the city. I told my wife I am keeping my FiST but I will need a truck for when the snow hits as the roads outside the city don't get plowed. Hope you new car is trouble free, I have lots of friends with Hondas and they all love them. Even my buddy Wade with his crx that's now in the garage being worked on because his clutch assembly broke. It's a 1991 and that's the only problem he has had out of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Snow tires is all you need. My Wife is from upstate New York where the average snowfall is the most in the entire country.
Her first car was a Chevy Cavalier and then a Ford Taurus. She lived in a One-Stop town. They don't really plow the roads where I live either. I'm sure Kentucky gets more snow than North Carolina though.
You want a truck I don't blame you I kind of need one myself for yard projects, but you don't need one.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Luckily (and unluckily) a manual is mandatory for my wife. It’s making it harder to buy cars. The engine and transmission are basically straight out of the Type R (with a different tune and heads). It’s just also a great blend of comfort and fun. The Fiesta was starting to get old driving in the potholed wasteland of Charlotte.

In regards to the warranty, it was mostly for the electronics since cars are basically giant computers now.
My wife can't even drive manual, she just said to make sure to have towing and rental car on her SUV insurance AND be prepared to come get her at the drop of a hat in case she breaks down since I wanted manual. :)
You know with Ford and their occasional horrible transmission AND related TCM probs they at least extended the warranties on those significantly, and I say that's the last thing you need to worry about with a Honda but at the same time you have peace of mind and are still saving $200/mo., so that's what matters! :)

I know the feeling of too many cars and having them sit just gets depressing. I have 4, which I drive the FIST the most. Mainly due to the long commute to work and the great gas mileage it gets. I have a nice 97 Wrangler in the street sits all the time and is driven only on the weekend a few miles. And a 2018 GT in a storage unit, no where to park it where I live so it's not driven at all. I have a one bay garage where I am restoring a 66 Bronco- which was supposed to have body work first by a body shop, then by a guy o the side. I got scammed for over 11K and had no where to put it so it's in my garage with my trying to restore it. Sounds great on paper to have 4 cars but you can only drive one at a time. I am thinking of trading all of them in.

The Accord 2.0 turbo with a manual sounds very sweet and a sleeper. I might have to check one out. 13 second 1/4 mile times not too shabby- good traffic fighter.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

It's a good problem to have I've tried to teach her she's just not that great at it.
She is a fantastic Wife so I can't complain. The next vehicle she gets to pick out. We keep them till dust.