Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Se7eN

I am planning on moving to E30 this spring since I dont need aux for it. But my dyno time showed my WTQ was only like 225 with 265 WHP. This is on 91 octane. The AP says its closer to 260-270tq. I think I will hit another dyno, but I am curious, are you being tuned by Randy or another party?
Tuned by a local tuner, basically been working hand in hand with him to get every detail of the tune right. The "93oct" here is crap and probably just 91oct re-badged. For some reason even with 93oct and good fueling couldn't get much in the way of power. Also did not allow for Ethanol tune without some sort of Aut/port. Don't really know the science of it but it's very humid and hot and I guess this makes the AFR be affected so I went with Peron 4 Port from Whoosh, and went with E40-50 mix. I need to purchase the Ethanol content tester and later the gauge to be sure. Maybe could've gone E30 without the port but by the time we had worked out all the kinks I had already ordered to Port so I said why not. If anything in the future I can go ahead and get a GTX2860R and be set for fueling already.

Have to insert a plug here for the RAMAIR crossover pipe from Whoosh Motorsports. Fitment was very good and I adapted it for use with the Mountune MRX Turbo (added a 3" to 2.75" reducer for the turbo inlet and a 2.75" silicone hump hose). Cars revs smoother and faster and definitely feels like it picked up throttle response. Attached some pics here of the OEM turbo crossover pipe. It necks down below 2" on the turbo side, vs the 70mm (2.75") consistent inner diameter of the RAMAIR pipe. The MRX turbo inlet elbow is 3" so I was losing about 1" of diameter on the OEM pipe. 7.065" sq in area for the 3" pipe vs 3.14" sq in area for the OEM turbo inlet at the smallest section. Now its much closer, 5.93" sq in to 7.065 sq in, 89% more area than before at the choke point. Woohoo :) Waiting on the Whoosh induction hose to go with my 14/15 evap lines i received from Ford so it will be 2.75" all the way to the Mountune airbox.

View attachment 17495

View attachment 17494
Great info. Thanks!

I’m using the ST200 air box but I’ve been thinking about switching to the 2J, would you happen to have any sound clips?
Nothing worth a damn. I've been meaning to, but I haven't had enough traction to make a decent wot video on my winter tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am running a Cobb as well. It was a pain to get mated. I had to get a small metal coupler and more hose because the elbow wasnt long enough to mate to the intake.

Se7eN

K&N Typhoon intake with a Whoosh crossover pipe and messed with it until it kinda fit. Still need some modification to get it perfect, but it works for now

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
K&N Typhoon intake with a Whoosh crossover pipe and messed with it until it kinda fit. Still need some modification to get it perfect, but it works for now
Pics? Thoughts on sucking in Hot engine bay air?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Se7eN

Pics? Thoughts on sucking in Hot engine bay air?

Don't have pics right now, but so far it has worked well. The intake was literally the first mod on the car. Don't plan on changing it, although I might just cut a hole where the Big Mouth tube goes and do something custom.

I got my Mountune MRX installed past weekend. Thanks to all of you guys who gave pointers on the install.
I got to thinking while dealing with mother-effer of an oil return pipe why they couldn't machine an adapter and use braided hose with AN fittings? Seriously, if it wasn't for that return pipe it could've taken about 2 hours less.
I'm currently tuning with Tune + and I'll let y'all know what kind of results I get.

Se7eN

So at the local dyno, my car ran a 265whp and 270wtq, on "93oct" basically was running into a fueling issue. Once it was fixed I never really went back with a little added boost, maybe would've been around 270-275?, anyways went back to the dyno a week ago with a E40 Mix fuel more boost and a heck of alot more timing in the car.

Final numbers where 306whp and 307wtq, 85* ambient temp and nearly 27psi boost at peak, but actually runs down to about 25psi at high rpms. I didn't want to push the car past 6,500RPM so most of the runs where done up to 6,400rpm. Also I'm pretty sure if I would've gone to 7,000 it would've kept making power because it was not dropping at all.

Very happy with it, did what I wanted it to do. Tq does come in kinda late, but if you're roll racing or running a highway pull from 2nd it doesn't really matter at all. Plus it's already pulling upwards of 250wtq at around 3,500rpm. Probably gonna go to the track in January when it opens up again and see what it can do. Really feels great
Update:

Went back to the dyno with a final revision of the tune. This was early morning with temps around 85F, did 4 runs and on E40 tune. Peak PSI was 27psi but it doesn't drop till red line anymore. Happy with it, now I'm going to hit the drag strip to see what it runs.

dynochart319.jpg

slopoke

Yeah, the stock oil return pipe is a b*tch
I know that installing the oil return line was a pain with the Revo turbo. I even bought a spare in case I mangled the one on the car. I hope that the oil return line isn't a pain with the Gen II GTX2860 that's going in this coming Sunday.

Se7eN

I know that installing the oil return line was a pain with the Revo turbo. I even bought a spare in case I mangled the one on the car. I hope that the oil return line isn't a pain with the Gen II GTX2860 that's going in this coming Sunday.
My 2015, has the tube with a silicone hose that attaches both ends, had to loosen the clamps and make it shorter. The newer ones have the metal tube, that WILL be a pain.

It's the same basic setup as the MRX, so yeah, it's gonna suck.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't think it was a PIA at all...The biggest PIA was getting the V-band clamp on the manifold adapter to the Turbo to hold it together. [wrenchin] The Gen2 GTX2860R....has been everything I ever wanted and more...im glad I gave up my GT2554R and bought into the GEN2....Atleast with the MRX you have an upgraded compressor wheel and anti-surge housing! [thumb] My suggestion to remedy that situation is to put the manifold W/ Turbo together while you have the DP out and out of the way while under the car up in the Area where the manifold goes and then hang the manifold with the turbo attached to the engine. Trying to get it to line up with the manifold already hanging is redonkulous...Good luck if you try though...I know I did then I said fuC% this and put it all together underneath the car against the firewall and then hung it as a unit. Ed call me if you need me to explain it!

Se7eN

I don't think it was a PIA at all...The biggest PIA was getting the V-band clamp on the manifold adapter to the Turbo to hold it together. [wrenchin] The Gen2 GTX2860R....has been everything I ever wanted and more...im glad I gave up my GT2554R and bought into the GEN2....Atleast with the MRX you have an upgraded compressor wheel and anti-surge housing! [thumb] My suggestion to remedy that situation is to put the manifold W/ Turbo together while you have the DP out and out of the way while under the car up in the Area where the manifold goes and then hang the manifold with the turbo attached to the engine. Trying to get it to line up with the manifold already hanging is redonkulous...Good luck if you try though...I know I did then I said fuC% this and put it all together underneath the car against the firewall and then hung it as a unit. Ed call me if you need me to explain it!
I took the manifold out, connected everything up and shoved it in from the top. Loosened the RMM for a little engine movement and extra space. Stock manifold though

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I took the manifold out, connected everything up and shoved it in from the top. Loosened the RMM for a little engine movement and extra space. Stock manifold though
The Gen2 is bigger....I tried to from the top also....just raised the Hoist up and sat on my stool. I also have a stockish exhaust manifold.