Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
UPDATE: TPMS light came on after about 100 miles of driving. Tried to reset all TPMS sensors using my Ford Tool, but the passenger front tire won't re-set. Taking it back to the shop to have them fix whatever they broke
Could the battery be dead, or are these brand new sensors?

I may have to invest in Forscan already, in order to turn this shit off permanently, as I already have 2 sets of wheels without TPMS, (and if I ever buy a set of Dekas, they will not either). [wink]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Could the battery be dead, or are these brand new sensors?

I may have to invest in Forscan already, in order to turn this shit off permanently, as I already have 2 sets of wheels without TPMS, (and if I ever buy a set of Dekas, they will not either). [wink]
Luckily there is very little to invest with ForScan if you already have a Windows laptop or tablet. All you need is $10 Bluetooth OBD adapter (yes, the cheap ones work great, just grab a $10 one that shows 4.5 stars off Amazon), even ForScan is free with full functionality for a temporary license so you can get what you want set and forget about it. I have reset my TPMS by disabling, checking my tire pressure and re-enabling. But I'm most happy that I disabled the crap Sony processing for the stereo, sounds SO much better! it's one of those lowest common denominator things, it rolls off the bass and other frequencies to protect the speakers when all you have to do is not crank it to the point of distortion.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Luckily there is very little to invest with ForScan if you already have a Windows laptop or tablet. All you need is $10 Bluetooth OBD adapter (yes, the cheap ones work great, just grab a $10 one that shows 4.5 stars off Amazon), even ForScan is free with full functionality for a temporary license so you can get what you want set and forget about it. I have reset my TPMS by disabling, checking my tire pressure and re-enabling. But I'm most happy that I disabled the crap Sony processing for the stereo, sounds SO much better! it's one of those lowest common denominator things, it rolls off the bass and other frequencies to protect the speakers when all you have to do is not crank it to the point of distortion.
I'm guessing that the kiwi wifi OBD 2 plug-in I already have (to use DashCommand on my ipod) will not work with this? [dunno]

I think that I may have already blown out the passenger side front door tweeters, despite that 'roll-off protection' feature. LOL
That, or some of the music I listen to was recorded/digitized onto CDs WAY WAY too over-compressed on the upper mids to trebly highs so as to sound distorted at anything over a whisper volume (I don't listen to the electronica/techno, trance, scream-o staccato death metal, etc. that I'm guessing most on here listen to. ;) )

CSM

1000 Post Club
The shop was stupid busy today. I may come back later next week.

I've got a BT OBD reader already, no windows laptop yet (but looking to buy one in next month or so). I may just deal with TPMS light until I can get FORSCAN. I am stupid diligent about checking tire pressures, fluids, etc. TPMS is just an annoying POS to me.

DanbFree can you link a how to that you used to disable TPMS? and this sony processing thing sounds interesting. My car is '14 would I benefit?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm guessing that the kiwi wifi OBD 2 plug-in I already have (to use DashCommand on my ipod) will not work with this? [dunno]

I think that I may have already blown out the passenger side front door tweeters, despite that 'roll-off protection' feature. LOL
That, or some of the music I listen to was recorded/digitized onto CDs WAY WAY too over-compressed on the upper mids to trebly highs so as to sound distorted at anything over a whisper volume (I don't listen to the electronica/techno, trance, scream-o staccato death metal, etc. that I'm guessing most on here listen to. ;) )
Wouldn't hurt to try what you have already, if not, then $10 isn't much at least...

And I hear you on the speakers... once the Sony processing is disabled you will know for sure on those speakers, obviously you can try something high bitrate or a an actual spinning CD (gasp!), I haven't used an actual CD in YEARS, LOL... But once the Sony crap is disabled you could always upgrade speakers too, I'm leaning towards some nice Kickers that fit both front and rear for $65/pr off Crutchfield which offers all the adapters free for the same price as Amazon bare speakers... But, you could always do a component set or a separate tweeter that does requires bit of customized mounting but fit right in there...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The shop was stupid busy today. I may come back later next week.

I've got a BT OBD reader already, no windows laptop yet (but looking to buy one in next month or so). I may just deal with TPMS light until I can get FORSCAN. I am stupid diligent about checking tire pressures, fluids, etc. TPMS is just an annoying POS to me.

DanbFree can you link a how to that you used to disable TPMS? and this sony processing thing sounds interesting. My car is '14 would I benefit?
Sure your car would benefit, nothing has changed as far as ForScan options, the Sony sound processing MAY be a '16+ thing though, not entirely sure, it has been mentioned before but wouldn't hurt to try...

There are a bunch of threads in the electronic section here but THIS is the best overall one and newest with links to tutorials and everything... Keep in mind with our Econobox we have FAR fewer options than many of the actual setting spreadsheets show, use only the one that is linked in that thread that KenWeise did...

CSM

1000 Post Club
Ended up swapping out my Magnaflow for a Thermal exhaust this morning. Took a bit longer than expected since Thermal uses couplers instead of slip-fit piping like Magnaflow. Took a little bit longer to adjust too. I'm super happy with it! My Magnaflow was quite drony in the cabin. Thermal is barely louder than OEM on light pedal. Go moderate throttle or WOT and it screams! Also lots of pops and bangs now!

One thing to note. I upgraded the hangers to stiffer Torque solutions from Whoosh. They are a bit shorter than the OEM hangers and I actually had some issues fitting the tips. They would rub against the bumper unless I swapped in the OEM hanger. So I have 3 Torque exhaust hangers and an OEM hanger at the end to alleviate the tip fitment issue! Just a heads up for anyone interested in this kit.

Second link is a video. Click it !

Love the Wolfpack regalia in the background. Go Pack!

Copied from the "first mods" thread because I am so excited. Just installed my first wave of mods:
  • cp-e intercooler
  • Mountune RMM
  • Mountune symposer delete
  • Mountune short shift
  • Mountune shift knob
  • Whoosh under hood shifter bushings
  • Mountune high flow filter
  • Accessport with base tune, custom revisions to come from Randy at Mountune.
I definitely feel the power difference and I love it. Can't wait to dial in the tune.

I love how much shorter the throw is, but I need to get used to the shifter feel after 10 months of stock sensations, where the the stick almost pulls itself into engamement at the end of the shift. Right now the stick movement feels a little more labored, and engagement is less positive than before, especially 2nd gear. The stick doesn't doesn't "fall into" position the way it did before, but it doesn't pop out either, so I probably just need time to adjust psychologically.

That was it for my 2019 mod budget. Next year will be wheels, tires, and coilovers.

Love the Wolfpack regalia in the background. Go Pack!

Copied from the "first mods" thread because I am so excited. Just installed my first wave of mods:
  • cp-e intercooler
  • Mountune RMM
  • Mountune symposer delete
  • Mountune short shift
  • Mountune shift knob
  • Whoosh under hood shifter bushings
  • Mountune high flow filter
  • Accessport with base tune, custom revisions to come from Randy at Mountune.
I definitely feel the power difference and I love it. Can't wait to dial in the tune.

I love how much shorter the throw is, but I need to get used to the shifter feel after 10 months of stock sensations, where the the stick almost pulls itself into engamement at the end of the shift. Right now the stick movement feels a little more labored, and engagement is less positive than before, especially 2nd gear. The stick doesn't doesn't "fall into" position the way it did before, but it doesn't pop out either, so I probably just need time to adjust psychologically.

That was it for my 2019 mod budget. Next year will be wheels, tires, and coilovers.
That’s the reason I never liked short shifters (plates or assemblies). I much prefer the feeling a full and complete shift. My days of driving it like I stole it are done though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spork1569

Finally got my intercooler mounted today, man it was a heck of a battle at some points, but finally happy to be done with that.

Surprisingly the hardest part was getting my headlights back on, the right plate shifted out of place and the light wouldn't go in.

All worth it in the end though, now to see about getting a pro tune, or at least am OTS from a tuner besides Cobb as the stage 2 is very underwhelming to say the least 20190420_170721.jpg

Made the switch to Ravenol MTF 2, First that is a genius design with that bottle lid! The BG Syncro Shift wasn't bad in performance but I could still very clearly hear clunks as I shift from one gear to the other. Shift seemed solid and easy, but my buddy from another platform had them laying around so I decided to give them a shot. Appreciate the fact the containers can be ordered in 1 liter packaging too.

Jerickson88

Made the switch to Ravenol MTF 2, First that is a genius design with that bottle lid! The BG Syncro Shift wasn't bad in performance but I could still very clearly hear clunks as I shift from one gear to the other. Shift seemed solid and easy, but my buddy from another platform had them laying around so I decided to give them a shot. Appreciate the fact the containers can be ordered in 1 liter packaging too.
Yeah the Motul 300 has a well designed spout too! I feel ya on the clunk (mine is a little noticeable) but overall made the trans much quieter and smoother shifting.