Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Cooling Deflectors / Ducts - Boomba Racing

Just read through this whole thread, I see mention of Boomba dust covers three years ago and then not a peep. What's going on with the dust covers?

My initial apprehension was that the OEM dust covers must do something functional that you will lose, and one person in this thread earlier confirmed that it just redirected tons of brake dust to different areas of the car.

I never knew how important dust covers were until I took them off...

I have lots of brake dust build up in the door jams and mainly the rear hatch jam after installing track pads + boomba deflectors. My car is white so all the black grit really shows up.

Im also running track pads which create a lot of dust. HPS-r and Hawk HP+

The barrels of my front wheels don't have much brake dust build up. Id say they have almost none at all. But the face of my wheel was chalked with brake dust after the first 20 min drive. I went outside to check tire temps and couldn't stop laughing after seeing all the build up on the face of my front wheels.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
Just read through this whole thread, I see mention of Boomba dust covers three years ago and then not a peep. What's going on with the dust covers?

My initial apprehension was that the OEM dust covers must do something functional that you will lose, and one person in this thread earlier confirmed that it just redirected tons of brake dust to different areas of the car.
We are not going to be producing dust covers.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
After watching the video of the deflectors in action, it seems that cutting off the lower half of the dust shields might be a good compromise. Has anybody tried this approach?

I have not cut off the bottom of my dust shield, but removed them. Overall I like these, at worst they provide a nice source of air over the LCA boot with the Shield Removed. With the dust shields removed, a GOOD brake fluid (I use React) and high temp pads (EBC Yellow/Summer Motorcraft) I am quite content with the setup for fast track days of 20-30min sessions of hard braking no smoke or soft pedals.