Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Popping codes after intake install. **2016 ST

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #21
I’m going to go thru it once more, make sure the ap3 is UTD, and just reinstall everything all over again.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #22
I could not find the error code P114C in the service manual, but I did find the other codes and their possible causes. Good luck.

P0219 - Engine Overspeed Condition
Description: This DTC sets when the vehicle has been operated in a manner which caused the engine speed to exceed a calibrated limit. The engine RPM is continuously monitored and evaluated by the PCM. This DTC sets when the RPM exceeds the calibrated limit set within the PCM.

For additional information on the engine RPM limiter, refer to Section 1, Powertrain Control Software .
Possible Causes: Wheel slippage (water, ice, mud, and snow)
Excessive engine RPM in NEUTRAL or operated in the incorrect transmission gear
High engine RPM with engine temperature within a calibrated limit of an overheating condition (GTDI engine)

Diagnostic Aids: This DTC may be accompanied by other DTCs. If DTC P1285 or P1299 is present, disregard DTC P0219 at this time. Diagnose DTC P1285 or P1299 first.

P0454 - EVAP System Pressure Sensor / Switch A Circuit Intermittent

Description: This DTC sets when the fuel tank pressure changes greater than 14 inches of water in 0.10 seconds.
Possible Causes: FTP circuit intermittent open
FTP circuit intermittent short
FTP sensor intermittent open
FTP sensor intermittent short
Contaminated FTP sensor
Damaged FTP sensor

P2112 - Throttle Actuator A Control System - Stuck Closed

Description: This DTC sets when the fault status indicates the throttle plate is at a lower angle than commanded.
Possible Causes: Throttle body stuck closed
Throttle body stuck binding
TACM+ circuit open
TACM- circuit open
TACM+ and TACM- circuits are cross wired
TACM+ and TACM- circuits are shorted together
Damaged PCM

P2282 - Air Leak Between Throttle Body And Intake Valve

Description: This DTC sets when the PCM detects an air leak that exceeds a calibrated limit for greater than 5 seconds. If the airflow entering the engine exceeds the airflow through the throttle, a leak is detected and this diagnostic fails.
Possible Causes: Unmetered air leaks between throttle body and intake valves
Air leaks at the intake manifold
Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking

I made a typo. P144C.

redmoe

Your best bet with any intake is to install the oem 14-15 evap lines: D2BZ-9C047-E

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #24
Your best bet with any intake is to install the oem 14-15 evap lines: D2BZ-9C047-E
I did a little digging and found a few folks ended up having throttlebody replaced with that code, one guy cleaned it. Could have been an over oiled filter? I will look at the 14-15 evap lines. Thank you!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hi guys

If you have a 2016 - 2018 Fiesta and do not want to mess with the evap fix we offer or want to swap the evap harness with the Ford part for the 2014-2015 Fiesta

you have choices that do NOT touch the evap lines - ALL in stock @ whoosh

Injen (polished, black and red) https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/injen-2016-2017-ford-fiesta-st-1-6l-turbo-4cyl-polished-short-ram

Ford UK ST200 Airbox https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-st200-airbox-w-cold-air-feed-hose-coming-soon

and my personal favorite and used on out shop car, the ITG Maxogen https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/itg-maxogen-intake-system-fiesta-st-2014-2017-free-shipping

you can also upgrade the crossover pipe pre induction hose where the evap lines connect to avoid any pain of messing with those lines if you don't want to....

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #26
UPDATE.

Upon further inspection, 90* elbow fitting for what appears to be PCV related is loose. Stay tuned.

I’m hoping the P0454 stays gone. That could account for others as well I’m sure.

P2282 unmetered air at PCV (loose elbow on the back of piping)
P0219 overspeed condition (vacuum leak causing hanging rpms?)
P0454 ?? Will continue to monitor
P2112 possibly an issue caused by overspeed? If there’s unmetered air and hanging rpms, could the TB be out of reference? In other words could a vacuum leak throw 4 codes because it created an out of sequence event?

Will update in a few days. Could have been a vacuum leak that has triggered it all.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #27
Update.

Today, we have a

P144C (calling Cobb and giving them the opportunity to resolve, possibly bad check valve)
P2112 (Dealer said they have seen it before and replaced throttlebodies on Escapes and Fusions, the Cobb parts are a non issue for the dealer and my warranty, or so they say)

Will the car need to be flashed back stock so they can use their diagnostic equipment?

I will be taking the car sometime this week; as soon as I have my company van in hand.

I also installed a 2j cawl intake and am now getting p2822 which make way car idle high so then I get p0507. I am hoping it will be fixed with my new intercooler and tune. Anyone having this problem after installing a bigger intercooler and have your car tuned.

DangerMouse

This right here. Learn from our mistakes. The oem evap lines contain some magicial properties that aftermarket companies are unable to decipher. That and the 16+ are fickle bitches.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #30
This right here. Learn from our mistakes. The oem evap lines contain some magicial properties that aftermarket companies are unable to decipher. That and the 16+ are fickle bitches.
If what I did doesn’t fix it, I will be buying the 14-15 evap. I took the kit apart, and put it together using Cobbs instructions, and it looks different. Can’t explain how but I haven’t gotten a code or light. It came assembled. Interesting.

I also installed a 2j cawl intake and am now getting p2822 which make way car idle high so then I get p0507. I am hoping it will be fixed with my new intercooler and tune. Anyone having this problem after installing a bigger intercooler and have your car tuned.
Check everything which you've touched during your install. All clamps and connections, also I'd inspect your PCV lines.

LILIKE16ST

I second this I installed a cpe intake several months and several thousand miles back and did it the right way the first time I bought a 14-15 style cpe which did not come with a "fix" (if you want to call it that ) and purchased the 15 evap lines from tasca for around 60 shopped (which isn't much more than the "fixes" that are available) and no problems since. it basically makes the car look and function as if it were a 14-15 model car intake wise...no issues. it's easily the best option I read horror stories on 16+ intake installs since I got my car April of 16 so I decided to do it right the first time. it also keeps your system functioning as intended without bypassing anything which is an added bonus

LILIKE16ST

Thanks everyone, I put the 2015 evap line in last week and so for so good. No codes and its idling good again.
That's really good and I seriously doubt there's any chance you will ever get a check engine light do to your intake I just wish everyone with a 2016 and up Fiesta ST would read through these forms through past posts about intake and stalls and just do it the right way the first time like I did there is no sense in messing with any of these fixes or any intake that comes with its own fix unless it is 14 + 15 evap lines that is the only way to for sure eliminate the problem permanently and keep everything functioning as intended. I'm glad you got everything worked out

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hi guys

If you have a 2016 - 2018 Fiesta and do not want to mess with the evap fix we offer or want to swap the evap harness with the Ford part for the 2014-2015 Fiesta

you have choices that do NOT touch the evap lines - ALL in stock @ whoosh

Injen (polished, black and red) https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/injen-2016-2017-ford-fiesta-st-1-6l-turbo-4cyl-polished-short-ram

Ford UK ST200 Airbox https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-st200-airbox-w-cold-air-feed-hose-coming-soon

and my personal favorite and used on out shop car, the ITG Maxogen https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/itg-maxogen-intake-system-fiesta-st-2014-2017-free-shipping

you can also upgrade the crossover pipe and/or anything before the induction hose where the evap lines connect to avoid any pain of messing with those lines if you don't want to....
Emphasis added at the end there, easy to do anything before or after the induction hose on '16+ without any evap mods... I wish I saw this earlier, Mishimoto calling the evap connections on their induction hose a PCV had caused me a lot of confusion... Now I know that it's evap, that changed on '16+, that connects to induction hose, but PCV on crossover pipe has never changed... And you also carry complete intakes for '16+ that work as well, I'll certainly be doing at least a Whoosh crossover and thanks for carrying so many '16+ options!

So +1 for this post everyone with '16+ cars, Ron has the best selection for and no confusion on what we can do, and especially a great deal on the Whoosh crossover, which helps the most of any single intake item under $100 easily...