Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I stupidly broke this bolt off, what purpose does it serve? (W704585-S439)

oxy

I was installing my new Boomba RMM and in a rush of inexperienced installation, I managed to twist off this bolt with my breaker bar.

I asked some community members on discord and facebook for tips on removing it and had no luck.

Stressed out and disappointed in myself, I finished installing the Boomba sans this bolt since I will need to get to work this week.

So, does anyone know if the function of this bolt is very important? At this point, I'll need to take it to a mechanic who has the tools necessary to get it out, and I've ordered an OEM replacement.

In the meantime, is it safe to drive?

48051475_10213043789676684_4073740685998555136_o.jpg 48064258_10213043790036693_3306483459043622912_o.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It’s important. Risky to drive without it. Cruise gingerly if you must.

Can be removed with an easy out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% Agreed with this statement! Good luck or bring it to someone who can! [drinking]

were you tightening the bolt with your breaker bar? breaker bars have a lot of torque on them especially if theyre long :eek:

but yeah dont worry too much.

i would contact boomba and show them the exact pictures you posted here and ask them for a replacement bolt or where you can find one.
take it to a shop that has an extractor and then let them install it.

pretty sure that bolt is part of a frame that holds up the rmm. so if you put a lot of stress on the rmm it may snap the remaining bolts off and the engine will be sagging + theres gonna be a lot of weight on the drivers/passenger side motor mounts

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
were you tightening the bolt with your breaker bar? breaker bars have a lot of torque on them especially if theyre long :eek:

but yeah dont worry too much.

i would contact boomba and show them the exact pictures you posted here and ask them for a replacement bolt or where you can find one.
take it to a shop that has an extractor and then let them install it.

pretty sure that bolt is part of a frame that holds up the rmm. so if you put a lot of stress on the rmm it may snap the remaining bolts off and the engine will be sagging + theres gonna be a lot of weight on the drivers/passenger side motor mounts
Hence the statement...."I managed to twist off this bolt with my breaker bar." That bolt will be a fomoco deal or local hardware store if you're into being frugal and know what you need in size....Boomba will tell him to Go pound some nails with a cotton candy hammer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts