Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I bought mine a few years ago, the lg lgd521 for $300. They don't make it anymore.

The typical brands that are tops are blackvue, blacksys and thinkware. Comparing those 3 is a good starting point.

They all have buffered (records about 9 secs before impact, motion) parking mode. If you park anywhere in public, you should have parking mode.
Blackvue requires a separate unit called the magic pro, but the others have built in functionality. Blackvue is the most popular, believe it or not. It has a barrel shaped design, very sleek. My lg has the same form factor.

The good ones DON'T have a built in screen, you use an app via Bluetooth to control all functions, download clips (sd card removal if you prefer home viewing). Every brand has slightly different features. Thinkware will tell you how many incidents it recorded when you go back to your car. Whether it was from motion detection or impact.

My lg does NOT have built-in gps, which I specifically didn't want. [emoji41]
Some have it as an add-on, while others have it built-in.

There's a couple of good honest youtubers that do reviews.
This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/user/usdashcamera

Expect to spend anywhere from $250/300 and up for a quality camera. Remember, 2 channel is front and rear, which is important, front only gives you 50% of the "whole picture". Rear cam is easy to set up, not hard like doing the back up cam install. There are deals to be had, if you shop around, dig for coupon codes, etc.
It is not cheap, but worth every penny!

Forget about damage to your car (small potatoes), think about when someone claims you hit them, even though you didn't, and you start getting sued for medical bills when your insurance policy has reached its limit. And not only that, you will have to cover for their lost wages. It adds up so fast. I see so much fraud in my line of work. Doctors, chiropractors, accupunture, lawyers, they all have a game in it.

This site is the creme de le creme for buying cams, they also do review vids (take with grain of salt, lol) for them and some installation vids.
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/

No I dont and didnt have one running, unfortunately. IF for nothing else, it would have been good video content... the fishtailing would be fun to review.

I'll for sure look at getting a set in the future though, thanks man. In my case a side view would have been nice. Are there any 360 degree angle setups out there? Is local memory a factor?

Man, that sucks. Do you have a dash cam? I work for the state doing insurance regulatory work. After working doing claims audits for a week, I ordered a 2 channel dash cam with buffered parking mode. The shit that people pull, you need to protect yourself. NY is also a no fault state, btw.

I emplore EVERYONE reading this to get a dash cam. And don't cheap out, get a good 2 channel (front and rear) dash cam with a legit parking mode!
Simple DIY. Installation is easier than you think.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I bought mine a few years ago, the lg lgd521 for $300. They don't make it anymore.

The typical brands that are tops are blackvue, blacksys and thinkware. Comparing those 3 is a good starting point.

They all have buffered (records about 9 secs before impact, motion) parking mode. If you park anywhere in public, you should have parking mode.
Blackvue requires a separate unit called the magic pro, but the others have built in functionality. Blackvue is the most popular, believe it or not. It has a barrel shaped design, very sleek. My lg has the same form factor.

The good ones DON'T have a built in screen, you use an app via Bluetooth to control all functions, download clips (sd card removal if you prefer home viewing). Every brand has slightly different features. Thinkware will tell you how many incidents it recorded when you go back to your car. Whether it was from motion detection or impact.

My lg does NOT have built-in gps, which I specifically didn't want. [emoji41]
Some have it as an add-on, while others have it built-in.

There's a couple of good honest youtubers that do reviews.
This one is my fave: https://www.youtube.com/user/usdashcamera

Expect to spend anywhere from $250/300 and up for a quality camera. Remember, 2 channel is front and rear, which is important, front only gives you 50% of the "whole picture". Rear cam is easy to set up, not hard like doing the back up cam install. There are deals to be had, if you shop around, dig for coupon codes, etc.
It is not cheap, but worth every penny!

Forget about damage to your car (small potatoes), think about when someone claims you hit them, even though you didn't, and you start getting sued for medical bills when your insurance policy has reached its limit. And not only that, you will have to cover for their lost wages. It adds up so fast. I see so much fraud in my line of work. Doctors, chiropractors, accupunture, lawyers, they all have a game in it.

This site is the creme de le creme for buying cams, they also do review vids (take with grain of salt, lol) for them and some installation vids.
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/
information overload, but I'm leaning towards BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K Dash Cam.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Always been a fan of less spokes like 5 or 6 but these are very very nice. Plus they are available in a 16x8 with a proper offset.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk