Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart BOV Blockoff?

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #3
I've been on the phone with CPE and MAP this morning, waiting to hear back. Perhaps [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] can chime in? Will update thread.

According to Russ (who I trust and who has done at least 1 BOV/Stock Turbo setup that I'm aware of) the Turbosmart will not fit.

I do not think the turbosmart will work as it will cause a boost leak. The whole thing needs to be blocked off. We plug the hole inside of the turbo as well as cap it off.

Our exhale kit comes with a proper block off system.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #5
I do not think the turbosmart will work as it will cause a boost leak. The whole thing needs to be blocked off. We plug the hole inside of the turbo as well as cap it off.

Yeah, I spoke with the girl on the phone and she informed me that you can't sell it separately.
[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] just called me back and saved the day!

So for those of you who might be googling this: the Turbosmart bypass valve/BPV/BOV block-off/block off plate WILL NOT FIT the stock Fiesta ST turbo. Contact [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] and see if they will sell you one, or buy CPE's charge pipes.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #6

Interesting that you say this. The picture on the page is a little misleading and it makes it look like it's just a flat piece--when I got mine in the mail I compared it to the stock BPV and they looked like they were extremely close.

Any possibility of a picture of CP-E's blockoff?

I haven't held it in my hands. As long as it blocks the hole coming from the compressor, it will be fine. I apologize as I do not have a picture.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #8
I haven't held it in my hands. As long as it blocks the hole coming from the compressor, it will be fine. I apologize as I do not have a picture.
No problem.

I'll update this thread yet again once I get the part from MAP. I lost the one I ordered from Turbosmart but I'll be trying to find it so I can make a comparison between the two and put this to death.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #9
Got this in the mail from MAP. I can't find my Turbosmart one but I know for a fact it was shaped differently on the part that goes into the turbo.

Comparison to the stock BPV.