Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Lol no need for the caps. Haha, but last page post 166, Adam from Maperformance states it will be priced around their other systems of about 1090, give or take a little. Do you want me to add you to either of the lists?
Yes, the dependent on actual final price list please.

Will this be available in a 3"-3.5", single, single wall, non-slash cut tip, WITHOUT the fake heat 'bluing' on it?

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #182
Yes, the dependent on actual final price list please.

Will this be available in a 3"-3.5", single, single wall, non-slash cut tip, WITHOUT the fake heat 'bluing' on it?
Did you read any of the thread? We are still waiting on the design aspects of the exhaust, it will be 2.5" or 3". This car would never need 3.5". And they don't have fake blueing, the entire system is titanium. So I'm gonna put you in the pending design. But sift through the thread a little a bit so you at least know what to expect when it's released. The options are in "Poll"

Count me in on this. I think it's worth the couple extra benjamins for a Ti setup and a cat-back is in my plans. I voted for 3", single tip, resonated. I'd be happy with it the way it's shaping up in the poll also with the dual tips as I am back and forth on the tips. Would be nice if the system came with solid mounting hardware is my main other wish.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #185
[MENTION=5249]Superfly Snook[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION], you guys are added! Hope you are excited about this as I am! woot!

I'm excited to see how this turns out, or to the point, I'm excited to hear how this turns out. I can live with 2.5" or 3", as well as single or dual tip, but I spend an hour and a half a day on the highway commuting, so if it's got a bad drone, I'll have to pass.

I really like the idea of cutting a lot of weight from the car, seeing as I'm going to be replacing the factory exhaust anyway.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm excited to see how this turns out, or to the point, I'm excited to hear how this turns out. I can live with 2.5" or 3", as well as single or dual tip, but I spend an hour and a half a day on the highway commuting, so if it's got a bad drone, I'll have to pass.

I really like the idea of cutting a lot of weight from the car, seeing as I'm going to be replacing the factory exhaust anyway.
Hopefully, it will have a resonator option for just the above reason. [;)]

Maybe I should go with bronze color wheels to sort of match the color of the titanium tail pipe?
But then again, I could just Jet Hot coat the whole back section black, like I was planning on doing to a 304 stainless system.

Hopefully, it will have a resonator option for just the above reason. [;)]

Maybe I should go with bronze color wheels to sort of match the color of the titanium tail pipe?
But then again, I could just Jet Hot coat the whole back section black, like I was planning on doing to a 304 stainless system.
It hadn't even occurred to me that this is another reason to upgrade to some lightweight bronze rally wheels [thankyou]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you read any of the thread? We are still waiting on the design aspects of the exhaust, it will be 2.5" or 3". This car would never need 3.5". And they don't have fake blueing, the entire system is titanium. So I'm gonna put you in the pending design. But sift through the thread a little a bit so you at least know what to expect when it's released. The options are in "Poll"

When I said 3.5", I was talking about the tip(s) ONLY, not the whole system.

I doubt a 3.5" system would even fit under these cars!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If anything I would think it would look like the Injen exhaust tip. You won't be able to see the muffler but the single tip would be tucked up tight in the bumper

View attachment 9690 View attachment 9691
THAT, in a 3.5" SINGLE wall tip, in the natural titanium color is EXACTLY what I want the tailpipe to look like!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I prefer the single tip exhaust for weight savings and more of the rally look.
Some of the factory WRC teams are even using a turn down on the end now (maybe to meet noise regs, and to direct anti-lag/back wash/over run flames at the road??) .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Single or dual tip would be just a looks kind of thing. It might affect the sound just a little bit depending on the tip design, but thats it. Difference would prolly be measured in grams.
Some on here obsess over saving 1/4 grams at a time, as well they should when using their car for open tracking purposes.

Some on here obsess over saving 1/4 grams at a time, as well they should when using their car for open tracking purposes.

I may not be looking in the right place, but I haven't seen many fully gutted track dedicated cars on here. If any body is stressing about the weight of an additional titanium tip, AND still has their carpet/ dashboard/door cards fully intact, they obviously are not doing the weight savings game right.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm currently eyeing up the GT350, but can't afford it just yet. That or a used Z06 will be my next fun car I think.
I was looking for a used Z06 to replace the 2000 Z28 I just sold.

But every one I came across was at least $5K to $10K more than the FiST, even the earlier C5 versions with stupid high miles on them.

It made no difference in the end since NO; bank, credit union, etc. would ever finance any car that old, with that many miles on it, at a livable interest rate, so ST it is. :)

I just hope that 1/10th of the hype/enthusiasm about the FiST is true and real, and I will be happy to own/drive one very day. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When shopping for a C6 Vette in 09 I drove one with a Borla but it must of been the one with barely any mufflers as it was painfully loud and I have heard others that sounded much quieter but still good.
That's called their "Stinger" system, and yes, it is pretty much a straight through system with no muffler.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you do the whole car as a process of removing and relocating weight you can save a significant amount and have better front to rear balance, lower CG, etc....The last time I weighed my car it was 2575lbs and I have done much more since, added a bit, taken more out, moved 50 lbs to the rear to help make up for the rear seat delete, and it has a sunroof which I wish I had not decided on as got it for the doggies when we have to leave them in the car for more air flow but seldom had to use it. I also put in a few hundred hours into this and considerable funds, but worth it to me. Another car I did starting in 05, Scion TC, ended up being 265lbs lighter than stock with a cage, full interior except back seat but carpeted there, fully sound deadened, foam filled chassis, AC, two Racetech seats and harnesses and an audiophile competition winning sound system than also hit 138.4db on music for 2 minutes though not built for bass comps, took 5th in a Pro Solo and 2nd in a Reline TT event against far more built and gutted cars.

As stated here before, the Ti exhaust is cool, love saving weight, not going to make much difference in handling as in the middle of the car and down low but will help acceleration and braking a bit, there are other ways to gain more performance benefits for the money but some just want to have a cool exhaust, I get it:)

So I'm gonna have to request to be marked down for interested depending on price and design. Ti exhaust just sounds cool

Can you put me down as interested depending on the price and design please?

I got the GP Sports stainless steel exhaust for my R32 Skyline GTS-t, but I really wanted the Tomei Ti.
It just cost a a bit more than my GP and it sounded pretty similar. Love the sound they made though.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #200
[MENTION=5375]BiigMe[/MENTION] & [MENTION=5489]OguNinja[/MENTION] are added! Thanks for the interest guys. Hopefully we hear something from these guys in the very near future.