Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just got this done today, new rims and tires. It was raining.

Can't go wrong with the 1.2s!

Those look 'classy' on the GE, but also lend a mean, race 'business-like' attitude to that color. [cool]

The more I see it, the more I regret not ordering that color, but, being 61, and living in this immediate area, it might have sent the wrong 'message' in many ways. :(

LILIKE16ST

17x8 6ULs in Beryllium. The 4x100 conversion was a bit of a PITA but I love the wheels.
that is one sweet look sir! Very classy yet "racey" look all at the same time i absolutely love it. Myself I would have went with 15s because of more weight savings and I personally like the look and the ride of 15s on this car, but you sir have one amazing looking car. Those 17s look killer my man. I like the fact that they are 8 inch wide that really makes more of a difference than most people realize even when using the same size tires on each wheel. A one inch wider wheel will plant the contact patch evenly much better than a wheel one inch smaller would. It gives the tires a different look even in the same size and is just overall awesome I love my 15x8 1.2s! I seriously considered the 4x100 conversion and 15x8 6ul before i decided to just stay with the dreaded 4x108 due to cost and it just being easier overall. How much do the 17x8 6ul weigh? I'm sure it's very light they all are those are amazing wheels...well done my man!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
that is one sweet look sir! Very classy yet "racey" look all at the same time i absolutely love it. Myself I would have went with 15s because of more weight savings and I personally like the look and the ride of 15s on this car, but you sir have one amazing looking car. Those 17s look killer my man. I like the fact that they are 8 inch wide that really makes more of a difference than most people realize even when using the same size tires on each wheel. A one inch wider wheel will plant the contact patch evenly much better than a wheel one inch smaller would. It gives the tires a different look even in the same size and is just overall awesome I love my 15x8 1.2s! I seriously considered the 4x100 conversion and 15x8 6ul before i decided to just stay with the dreaded 4x108 due to cost and it just being easier overall. How much do the 17x8 6ul weigh? I'm sure it's very light they all are those are amazing wheels...well done my man!
The 17x8 6ULs are 14.8 pounds. With the wheels and nuts I'm about 8# lighter per corner. There's a noticeable improvement in 2nd gear acceleration but at my "benchmark" turn (decreasing radius on-ramp with no camber and lots of visibility) I was really surprised at improved turn-in and, especially, how much more eager the car is to point with throttle input. I've owned and driven some pretty well respected cars and, at well less than $30K in at this point, this little Fiesta out handles them all in anything this side of circuit driving.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
The 17x8 6ULs are 14.8 pounds. With the wheels and nuts I'm about 8# lighter per corner. There's a noticeable improvement in 2nd gear acceleration but at my "benchmark" turn (decreasing radius on-ramp with no camber and lots of visibility) I was really surprised at improved turn-in and, especially, how much more eager the car is to point with throttle input. I've owned and driven some pretty well respected cars and, at well less than $30K in at this point, this little Fiesta out handles them all in anything this side of circuit driving.
Curious, what did you do for your Wilwood set up. Did you order top hats in 4x100 when you ordered the kit, or did you have them drilled? Also where did you purchase your kit from? I'm going 4x100 as well, but I'm going with the Willwood brake kit and trying to figure out where to buy from. Willwood direct is more money than one of the other vendors.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Curious, what did you do for your Wilwood set up. Did you order top hats in 4x100 when you ordered the kit, or did you have them drilled? Also where did you purchase your kit from? I'm going 4x100 as well, but I'm going with the Willwood brake kit and trying to figure out where to buy from. Willwood direct is more money than one of the other vendors.
I don't think that Wilwood offers the hats in 4x100. There are 8x7 x 4x100 hats but they have a .55" offset rather than the .6" offset that are included in the Fiesta BBK. I drilled the hats that I had while drilling the hubs. Drilling through an aluminum hat is one hell of a lot easier than through a cast iron hat.

I bought my kit from the lowest priced vendor on Amazon. Many (all?) of the mail order distributors are drop shipping from Wilwood. I bought the drilled and slotted rotors but wouldn't have if I could get better rotors more quickly (I had an A/C event coming up and wanted to up-class). Wilwood offers some pretty nice rotors in 12.19 x .81, like the GT36. If you HPDE then be sure to order some pads that will hold up; the pads that come with the kit won't.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I don't think that Wilwood offers the hats in 4x100. There are 8x7 x 4x100 hats but they have a .55" offset rather than the .6" offset that are included in the Fiesta BBK. I drilled the hats that I had while drilling the hubs. Drilling through an aluminum hat is one hell of a lot easier than through a cast iron hat.

I bought my kit from the lowest priced vendor on Amazon. Many (all?) of the mail order distributors are drop shipping from Wilwood. I bought the drilled and slotted rotors but wouldn't have if I could get better rotors more quickly (I had an A/C event coming up and wanted to up-class). Wilwood offers some pretty nice rotors in 12.19 x .81, like the GT36. If you HPDE then be sure to order some pads that will hold up; the pads that come with the kit won't.
Yeah, the pads that come with the kit are not up to HPDE use. I'll be going with Hawk track pads. Thanks for the reply.

Found some rota titans in 17x7.5 but the hub bore is 63.3 not 63.4. Would I have to get these milled .1mm to make them fit? This is killing me how hard it is to find wheels for our platform

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Found some rota titans in 17x7.5 but the hub bore is 63.3 not 63.4. Would I have to get these milled .1mm to make them fit? This is killing me how hard it is to find wheels for our platform
That's odd, because usually those wheels have a 73.0 bore, and require hub-centric rings to seat properly on our hubs. [???:)] (At least the 17x8, 4x108 versions do.)

That's odd, because usually those wheels have a 73.0 bore, and require hub-centric rings to seat properly on our hubs. [???:)] (At least the 17x8, 4x108 versions do.)
Super bummed I can't find the 73mm anymore. I found them on amazon and now it says none available in the 17x7.5. Don't feel like dealing with rubbing issues

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Are you sure that the 17x8s rub, because according to anyone who has used them on here, they do not, even with fairly wide (and taller than factory overall diameter) 215/40s on them. [dunno]

Is your car super 'slammed'??

^^^Are you sure that the 17x8s rub, because according to anyone who has used them on here, they do not, even with fairly wide (and taller than factory overall diameter) 215/40s on them. [dunno]

Is your car super 'slammed'??
Still stock suspension but I'm only going to go with springs. Probably mountune. Don't want anything crazy

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
.1mm is going to be .05mm material to remove and they might just fit nice and tight.

I would first take a strip of emery cloth and sand the hubs a tiny bit, if you lap it around the hub and work your way around it will keep them close enough to round to not matter, basically just cleaning them up, rust, etc...then see if they fit. If not then do it a bit more or carefully sand the wheel bore a tiny bit.

I have had to do this on wheels that were supposed to be a direct fit and it worked just fine.

Niche NR6 17x7.5 (had to buy hub rings) and using 215/40/17 tires.
Now looking for second set of wheels - 16x7 or 16x7.5 and can't find anything. Help

Picked up a set of XXR 527's in 17x7.5, shod with N'Fera SU1 215/40R17. Can't wait to get them home.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
These are pretty good especially for the price. I'll have mine up for sale soon. I bent one slightly on the inner lip.

Based

As far as I know, Wilwood brakes won't fit over 15" wheels unless you mod them like Raamaudio did.
Oh ok. I hope I can figure something out... 22lbs weight loss per axle from the brakes and 20lbs per axle from 15 inch wheels would be amazing.
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION]