Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering a Fiesta sFe 1.0 Ecoboost (2nd car)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Over the years I've had the luxury of having an extra car in the driveway for a time. Then I need cash and sell it. Then a year or two goes by and I get something else. Usually in the <$5000 range. It's a fun car, an almost-beater, reliable enough for trips but not nice enough that I care too much about it. We're talking about the kind of car that I can take my sawzall to without being worried about it.

Once my ST is paid off I'm planning on investing in another cheap car. I've been thinking of a small truck or maybe an older import, but recently I've become fascinated with the idea of getting another Fiesta, the sFe 3-liter 1.0 turbo. The more I read about them the more I want one. They're like a "mini-ST" essentially - less power, less weight, less features, less cost, more MPG. They come with a 5-speed only. They can be had brand new for $12,500 at dealerships. Hardly anyone wants them. Used with low miles (under 20k) I'm seeing them for $9,000 all day. There is a small but existent mod community available. In a few years when I'm ready to purchase I'm betting these can be found with decent mileage for around $5,000. By now I know my way around the Fiesta pretty well, and the idea of getting another is really appealing to me. They get 45 mpg highway out of the box; with a few mods I'm confident I could get that number of over 50.

Car and Driver's review

Road and Track's review

Truth about cars review

Anyhow I was curious if any of us owned one or had driven one and would like to share their impressions. Thanks!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION] ; <-his brother had/has one.

He can tell you all about it, which from what I remember him saying so far is ALL positive. ;) [thumb]