Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Normal Boost few seconds then drops?

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #22
Timing was off by 20 degrees, dealer reset it. recovered some power loss but still not the full power that I had before
Few days later the car started misfiring and turned out to be destroyed fuel injector in cyl 2. I already replaced cyl 1 injector back in September shortly after the headgasket replacement.
Cyl 2 injector

Cyl 1 injector

Mechanic at dealer said because of grinding the head to fix the warpage, there's increased cylinder pressure from higher compression and causing higher temps which burns up the injectors. Not sure how much I believe him since the head was only ground 0.015mm, but I'll keep driving and see how it plays out.

Currently the car is doing OK at daily driving... Still not getting the full boost as seen here with before and after comparison of Vdyno

Car's throwing no codes, has occasional rough idle. LTFT is way into the negatives around -10 to -12 and STFT is always around +6 to +8, no idea what's going on. But I'm not happy with it.

Still deciding what to do next... Engine swap (may not fix whatever gremlin issue it's having) or buy the new 1.5T Civic (they come in 6 spd manual here and independent suspension would be nice).

A7xogg

Timing was off by 20 degrees, dealer reset it. recovered some power loss but still not the full power that I had before
Few days later the car started misfiring and turned out to be destroyed fuel injector in cyl 2. I already replaced cyl 1 injector back in September shortly after the headgasket replacement.
Cyl 2 injector

Cyl 1 injector

Mechanic at dealer said because of grinding the head to fix the warpage, there's increased cylinder pressure from higher compression and causing higher temps which burns up the injectors. Not sure how much I believe him since the head was only ground 0.015mm, but I'll keep driving and see how it plays out.

Currently the car is doing OK at daily driving... Still not getting the full boost as seen here with before and after comparison of Vdyno

Car's throwing no codes, has occasional rough idle. LTFT is way into the negatives around -10 to -12 and STFT is always around +6 to +8, no idea what's going on. But I'm not happy with it.

Still deciding what to do next... Engine swap (may not fix whatever gremlin issue it's having) or buy the new 1.5T Civic (they come in 6 spd manual here and independent suspension would be nice).
That 1.5t in the Civic si makes great power with very few mods

Oh man. I hope you get it figured out.

Not sure I agree with the tech either. As a former auto mechanic, I can't see how milling a head .015 would increase cylinder pressure and temp THAT MUCH so as to destroy an injector.

According to your graph, you're *nearly* back to stock power levels!
Stupid suggestion / comment, but they didn't happen to flash it back to a stock tune after all was said and done?

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #25
Oh man. I hope you get it figured out.

Not sure I agree with the tech either. As a former auto mechanic, I can't see how milling a head .015 would increase cylinder pressure and temp THAT MUCH so as to destroy an injector.

According to your graph, you're *nearly* back to stock power levels!
Stupid suggestion / comment, but they didn't happen to flash it back to a stock tune after all was said and done?
The ECU was untouched, we even swapped a stock ECU to test the issue with result being even slower so I know my Revo flashed ECU still has the aggressive timing and boost keeping it "near" stock power.