Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine start button is very hot!

Summer is on the way, car is parked in the full sun, and at only 95F, the engine start button is very hot.
I can barely keep my finger on it for the time the engine starts, and the 110F summer days aren't here yet!
Aside from wearing gloves, use a tissue or piece of cloth, are there any options available? (eg: other start buttons, or start button covers or so)?

I figure I could put tape on it, worst case, but wanted to find a more elegant solution.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You don't have to keep it pressed. Just tap it and the ECU will crank the engine until it starts.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Get a sun visor man, why are you holding the button? Push let go. Tint your windows to the maximum legal limit in your state, get a sun visor, push let go problem solved.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I got the WC Lathe Works stainless steel shift knob and, as a result, have gotten pretty good at really quick shifts because it gets unbelievably hot in the sun. Keep meaning to check it with my IR thermometer, but I'm guessing its somewhere in the skin melting range of temperatures. I need to put one of my spare golf club head covers on it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got the WC Lathe Works stainless steel shift knob and, as a result, have gotten pretty good at really quick shifts because it gets unbelievably hot in the sun. Keep meaning to check it with my IR thermometer, but I'm guessing its somewhere in the skin melting range of temperatures. I need to put one of my spare golf club head covers on it.
Should've bought a knob made out of Delrin....cool as a cucumber in the blazing sunshine. The stock knob got mighty hot sometimes also...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Should've bought a knob made out of Delrin....cool as a cucumber in the blazing sunshine. The stock knob got mighty hot sometimes also...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Ha, ya know I had completely forgotten that I have a delrin knob till you mentioned that. I'll have to figure out where I put it. Good suggestion.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My knob gets hot too. [emoji14]

It's stainless but white powdercoated so not terrible but it does get super hot from just the ambient air, I use a windshield shade everyday so there is no direct sunlight on the knob.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk