Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ARP Motor Mount Bolt Install from Whoosh

Trader history for pirite (0)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Is the powerflex insert supposed to be used in addition to the OE rubber piece?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
it looks like I was installing the insert incorrectly. According to that picture, the insert goes below the stock rubber piece. That makes sense because I think it would have fit perfectly around the shank of that stud, just below the square that fits within the OE rubber piece

koozy

3000 Post Club
Is the powerflex insert supposed to be used in addition to the OE rubber piece?

Yes and the insert has to go in with the textured side facing down or up, I don’t remember. You can check the instructions from powerflex that I posted in the link I posted above. It leads to powerflex UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Perhaps an obvious question... How do you know if the bolt had cracked? Is it then loose? There be unpleasant sounds through the firewall? I'd replace one if it's broken, but feel that'd be a bit extravagant to R&R aan intact one.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Perhaps an obvious question... How do you know if the bolt had cracked? Is it then loose? There be unpleasant sounds through the firewall? I'd replace one if it's broken, but feel that'd be a bit extravagant to R&R aan intact one.
Yes to the symptoms, hard to miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what the bolt size is mine just broke and I need a Band-Aid for my daily driver. I ordered the new one from woosh. But it won't be here for some days and I need to work wondering what the sizes are maybe I can get a bolt from home Depot to hold me over a couple days

Attachments

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Does anybody know what the bolt size is mine just broke and I need a Band-Aid for my daily driver. I ordered the new one from woosh. But it won't be here for some days and I need to work wondering what the sizes are maybe I can get a bolt from home Depot to hold me over a couple days
M12x1.75

Spork1569

I tried with all my might when installing my Pinapple slice to get that bolt free with no avail. Hope you have a really long breaker bar or a second pair of hands as that thing is like the sword in the stone.

Ended up giving up and just keeping the ARP bolt for if and when the stock one does break.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I literally just sent the shit out of the bolt with an impact. Why can't the pineapple slice be installed with the top plate removed and then re tightened? Its not hard to line the mounts back up once its re-installed in the car.

Spork1569

I literally just sent the shit out of the bolt with an impact. Why can't the pineapple slice be installed with the top plate removed and then re tightened? Its not hard to line the mounts back up once its re-installed in the car.
I think it's because you need a wrench to hold onto that metal portion the pineapple slice wraps around. Otherwise you would destroy the rubber in the mount below.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it's because you need a wrench to hold onto that metal portion the pineapple slice wraps around. Otherwise you would destroy the rubber in the mount below.
I ended up putting another 25k on the mount with no issues. Its a hydraulic mount, I really don't think that some impact force would destroy it, but hey it could!

Spork1569

I ended up putting another 25k on the mount with no issues. Its a hydraulic mount, I really don't think that some impact force would destroy it, but hey it could!
Now I regret not just trying to go Ham on the bolt with the breaker bar. Maybe next weekend if there's time I'll go for a round two on installing the ARP.

So the 40 mm is the one that will work the other is to long 60mm once I slaved over getting the sheered one off it was a breeze. In case anyone one else has to do this m12x1.75 40mm . So I will drive it 😁normal with no spirited driving until my whoosh ARP bolt comes in. Man what a pain good looking out Ford.

Attachments