Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I hope you can do what you want:)

One more thing I forgot is to ask about how much weight the powder coating will add, might not be much of course but I am a stickler for weight and recall something about more than expected but that was quite a few years back when I heard it.

I am so much into adding lightness I stripped the powder coating off a set of magnesium forks on the at the time 20.4lb lightest full suspension mountain bike in the world I built up, closet bike at the time was well over 4lbs heavier! Since I fully polished the frame I had to do the forks every day if I wanted them shinny, pain in the arse to say the least! That was way back in 1996 or so, aluminum frame, triple ring crank, it was very fast off the line:)

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I hope you can do what you want:)

One more thing I forgot is to ask about how much weight the powder coating will add, might not be much of course but I am a stickler for weight and recall something about more than expected but that was quite a few years back when I heard it.

I am so much into adding lightness I stripped the powder coating off a set of magnesium forks on the at the time 20.4lb lightest full suspension mountain bike in the world I built up, closet bike at the time was well over 4lbs heavier! Since I fully polished the frame I had to do the forks every day if I wanted them shinny, pain in the arse to say the least!
That is a good question. I can't imagine it would be a noticeable amount.

You must go nuts when a tire shop balances your wheels, LOL

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have been pretty anal about taking off weight since the early 70s when I took my 510 below 1900lbs, my ST with a ton of mods was 2475 the last time it was on a set of race scales but many more changes, some adding, some taking off, still probably below 2500lbs but has all the safety stuff, heater, AC, even a sun roof and nav but no back seat.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I have been pretty anal about taking off weight since the early 70s when I took my 510 below 1900lbs, my ST with a ton of mods was 2475 the last time it was on a set of race scales but many more changes, some adding, some taking off, still probably below 2500lbs but has all the safety stuff, heater, AC, even a sun roof and nav but no back seat.
Weight is EVERYTHING for sure.

I bought a brand new manual scat pack challenger in 2016. Hated how heavy it was. I'm not gonna lie, it was ridiculously fast, but at 4,200+ lbs, it labored around every twist and turn. I only enjoyed that car in straight lines, which imo, gets old really fast.

Lighter=better

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Crazy amount of weight, 4,200 lbs, my v8 limited AWD 4runner is 4,500lbs with full air bags, big spare tire, body on frame construction...I only have a sun roof because we had two 100lb dogs that had to wait in the car at times. This is the higher HP to weight car I ever built as I always dialed in the suspension, brakes, cooling, reliability, safety gear for intended use then started adding power to balance it all out and have beaten hundreds of higher powered cars over the decades. I only added this much as I was tired of drag racing Turbo Porches from corner to corner so I matched their P/W. I am seriously looking at dialing the power back quite a bit if I keep the car, just not needed.

I was just updated on the bronze Dekagram's that I have had on order for months. Apparently a shipment arrived a few weeks ago but they were drilled 4x100. I was told that it would be March for the next delivery.

I was just updated on the bronze Dekagram's that I have had on order for months. Apparently a shipment arrived a few weeks ago but they were drilled 4x100. I was told that it would be March for the next delivery.
Uggh, was hoping to get them this month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mud flaps have their place but not on the majority of cars running them and they are a performance reducer so using them in such cases is just following a styling trend to get looked at instead of a mod to make the car better or faster or both:(

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Mud flaps have their place but not on the majority of cars running them and they are a performance reducer so using them in such cases is just following a styling trend to get looked at instead of a mod to make the car better or faster or both:(
I had my 2017 wrx for a year, drove it a few times on rural dirt roads in western mass. and did not get paint chips. But with a +55 stock offset, the wheels were pretty tucked in.

90% of the 2015+ wrx community runs them for looks. A look that I loathe.

But with these wheels, the back bumper looks like it will take a beating. I might concede to save paint.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Uggh, was hoping to get them this month.

The est. ship date (now 1/28/2018), is a bucnh of b.s. I believe they have no idea and just put a date up to keep hope alive. When I spoke with the sales rep last night, she alluded to that.

The est. ship date (now 1/28/2018), is a bucnh of b.s. I believe they have no idea and just put a date up to keep hope alive. When I spoke with the sales rep last night, she alluded to that.
I'll just order the black ones and have them powder coated. I'm tired of waiting.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Kinda new to aftermarket wheels/width changes/offset changes. Will I need an alignment with these wheels?

Also, anybody rub in the slightest with the bfg 205/45 and bone stock suspension?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Instead of flaps consider a clear bra wrap in the area, less weight, less turbulence, cleaner look.....:)

You could even try clear peal off paint to see how it holds up.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Instead of flaps consider a clear bra wrap in the area, less weight, less turbulence, cleaner look.....:)

You could even try clear peal off paint to see how it holds up.
Yep! Was thinking of ppf on the back. Only thing is, I have ceramic and I heard ppf doesn't adhere well to it.

LILIKE16ST

Thanks! I am excited. Only problem is winter, gotta wait another 2+ months. Yeah, ordering 5 is a no-brainer for sure! I even pondered getting 6, but thought that might be a little nuts.

FWIW, my friend contacted Konig and they told him it's safe to powdercoat their flow formed wheels. I was contemplating doing them in gunmetal/titanium/anthracite.
That would look awesome I'm a big fan of gun metal wheels

LILIKE16ST

Kinda new to aftermarket wheels/width changes/offset changes. Will I need an alignment with these wheels?

Also, anybody rub in the slightest with the bfg 205/45 and bone stock suspension?
It wouldn't hurt to get her lined up it may not need it though and as for rubbing you wont have issues others are running 215/45 on these wheels dropped an inch with no rubbing and I run 205/50/15 continentals on my 15x8 pro race wheels and I'm dropped an inch with no rubbing and I have a slightly more aggressive offset at +35 so you will be fine

LILIKE16ST

I had my 2017 wrx for a year, drove it a few times on rural dirt roads in western mass. and did not get paint chips. But with a +55 stock offset, the wheels were pretty tucked in.

90% of the 2015+ wrx community runs them for looks. A look that I loathe.

But with these wheels, the back bumper looks like it will take a beating. I might concede to save paint.
I'm with you I hate mud flaps it looks like crap imo lol but to each their own. I believe I'd find other ways around the problem like ram said if there even is one. I've been running 15x8 pro race 1.2s in warm weather since 2016 and they stick out slightly more than these and I have no flaps and no issues

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
It wouldn't hurt to get her lined up it may not need it though and as for rubbing you wont have issues others are running 215/45 on these wheels dropped an inch with no rubbing and I run 205/50/15 continentals on my 15x8 pro race wheels and I'm dropped an inch with no rubbing and I have a slightly more aggressive offset at +35 so you will be fine
Thanks, That's what I figured from all the research. I did however see one of the guys (hpecoboost) claim he had rub on stock suspension and 205/50, so it had me a bit concerned... worst-case scenario I would run the firehawks with the slight stretch.

I'm still debating the conti extreme sports. They look like a good tire and a few pounds lighter , but the BFG seem to have a stiffer sidewall, which is what I ultimately want. Plus the 8" tread width! I Might loose a bit of grip, but for my needs, I think I will be fine.

I will have my tire guy throw her on the alignment rack to be sure it's all good.

That would look awesome I'm a big fan of gun metal wheels
Yessssss, like my wrx wheels (see below). That would be perfect!

But alas, after reading up on the possible dangers of powder coating, I will leave them as is. No need to risk it. Besides, black is the easiest color to touch up. A little bit harder in the semi matte finish, but still far easier than most anything else!