Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench Light won’t go away

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I did that a few times and just finished doing it. I don’t get a prompt on my screen at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think what you are trying in not correct for the ST. See my other post.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #22
I think what you are trying in not correct for the ST. See my other post.
I actually have those same instructions in my manual, I tried it that way nothing yet. It really odd, I keep trying every-time I get in the car.

slopoke

Engine Warning Lamps
Powertrain Warning Lamp
If it illuminates when the engine is running
this indicates a malfunction. Drive in a
moderate fashion (avoid heavy
acceleration and deceleration). Continuing
to drive your vehicle may cause reduced
power or the engine to stop. Switch the
ignition off and attempt to restart the
engine. Have your vehicle checked as soon
as possible.
Note: This warning lamp could indicate an
engine or transmission system malfunction.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
My 2016 requires you to press and HOLD the start button for TWO seconds. NOT just press the start button. Do not know what year do not require the 2 second HOLD part. I believe the "switch the ignition on" is not for the ST.

Page 183, 2016 manual

Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring
System
Only reset the oil life monitoring system
after changing the engine oil and oil filter.
1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the
engine. For vehicles with push-button
start, press and hold the start button
for two seconds without pressing the
brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
2. Press the accelerator and brake pedals
at the same time.
After holding the start button in for 2 seconds in step 1, do you release it before pressing the two pedals in step 2?

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
After holding the start button in for 2 seconds in step 1, do you release it before pressing the two pedals in step 2?
Hold it for 2 seconds means push and hold for 2 seconds then let go...........the do both pedals.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #28
Tried again today and followed the instruction for perfectly and held the pedal for a extended period of time. Still not going away. No still cant tell there is anything wrong with the car, by now if there was something substantial, I would imagine a CEL would come on, or atleast I would have a lose of power or hear something coming form the engine or trans. Then again I did own a car with had rod knock but never through a code.
Now I been reading around and it seems there has been a couple of TSB's on this issue, it was on another thread... I will quote it here for reference. In anycase car (2014) is out of the 3 year limited warrenty now, so no getting this fixed for free at the dealership. I have a a bluetooth OBDII reader, you can pull alot of detailed information through the torque app anything I could look out for to get a lead. I thinking it a electronic issue, form what I understand the wrench light goes on two occasions the ecu thinks the oil needs to be changed and when the car is in limp mode, I think I put my car into limp mode the light went off and stayed on even though it is no longer in limp mode. Should I try reseting the battery as one of you suggested or would that be unwise.

heres the TSB

and another TSB for oil service thats a different TSB number

slopoke

If it were me, I'd start with disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. It won't hurt anything and it's the simplest thing to do. Good luck.

This if from the factory service manual

Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench)/Service Warning Indicator

The powertrain malfunction (wrench)/service warning indicator is used to inform the driver that an oil change is required and to inform the driver if a powertrain fault is present in the PCM or TCM .

For powertrain faults, the IPC uses 2 messaged inputs to control the powertrain malfunction (wrench) indicator. The IPC receives the engine warning indication message from the PCM over the HS-CAN . The second input is the transmission fault indication message, sent to the IPC over the HS-CAN from the TCM . When a fault occurs in the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) or the transmission, the PCM or TCM sends a message to the IPC to illuminate the powertrain malfunction (wrench) indicator.

Screenshot (2).png

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #30
Hey does anyone know how to do a KAM reset in the fiesta st. Maybe a fresh reset may fix it.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #31
If it were me, I'd start with disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. It won't hurt anything and it's the simplest thing to do. Good luck.

This if from the factory service manual

Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench)/Service Warning Indicator

The powertrain malfunction (wrench)/service warning indicator is used to inform the driver that an oil change is required and to inform the driver if a powertrain fault is present in the PCM or TCM .

For powertrain faults, the IPC uses 2 messaged inputs to control the powertrain malfunction (wrench) indicator. The IPC receives the engine warning indication message from the PCM over the HS-CAN . The second input is the transmission fault indication message, sent to the IPC over the HS-CAN from the TCM . When a fault occurs in the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) or the transmission, the PCM or TCM sends a message to the IPC to illuminate the powertrain malfunction (wrench) indicator.

View attachment 19412
Hey so I tried the battery with no success. I had no choice but go the dealership because I cannot figure it out. Atleast I know one of the managers, so I can’t get completely screwed.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #32
Alright the night before the service appointment the light just disappeared just as it first appeared. Not idea what was up but thank god it gone.

Ford Community Posts