Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 2(Fmi,rmm, accesport,)( no intake,no fmi hoses)? Ok?

Hi I been doing tons of research I was planning on adding a full cob stage 2 kit on my 2016. But does not seem neccessary..

Bought it used and just did the first oil change and found that it has a cobb rear motor mount installed and cobb drop in filter.

This is my daily driver and roadtrips so dont want extra noise out of it. Not planning to go any bigger in the future.

My ideal budget stage 2
depo intercooler (or any good budget one)
Cobb accesport with stratified tune
Stock intake with drop in filter(installed)
RMM (installed)
Stock intercooler piping.

Anything else you guys would recommend? Intercooler piping or support mods like chassis?
Ps wifey already hates the car so as long as it does not make it a rougher ride lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You'll be fine with the stock hoses.

Ya my wife was the same. However we took my car on a road trip to Destin last year (we live in louisville ky) and after the fun we had on the trip she now likes the car. Just saying it my grow on her like mine did with my wife.

All that being said, an air intake, rmm and tuner are what you will get the most bang for your buck. You could look at an intercooler if your charge temp gets high. [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] Motorsports has a good one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Yea took the fist from Los Angeles to
San Francisco on a Pacific Coast Highway Roadtrip. Wife started hating it once we hit tight curves :0

I read up that the intercooler is a must for stage 2 tune. Will check out woosh...

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Yea took the fist from Los Angeles to
San Francisco on a Pacific Coast Highway Roadtrip. Wife started hating it once we hit tight curves :0

I read up that the intercooler is a must for stage 2 tune. Will check out woosh...
I did the same with mine last year. She was adamant that i not drive like a maniac on the tight PCH curves.

Views up toward Carmel and Big Sur are amazing.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
I did the same with mine last year. She was adamant that i not drive like a maniac on the tight PCH curves.

Yes the fist was perfect for the that road! Got engaged at BigSur great excuse to keep going back!
I took the turns a bit too fast for the fiance but I think the bumpiness gave her a headache.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Yes the fist was perfect for the that road! Got engaged at BigSur great excuse to keep going back!
I took the turns a bit too fast for the fiance but I think the bumpiness gave her a headache.
I got engaged on the way back from Monterey.

Everybody needs to take that drive.

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
Haha.. congrats on the engagement. And for us car guys it's a perfect excuse to tell the wife to revisit the proposal spot and driving up pch again :)

this plan sounds good. I recommend you get the 6 point front brace, it's actually a traction mod and allow you to get the power down better.

I've been stage 2 for a bit now (see my build in sig). the car is feeling sorted enough that I'm finally starting to become frustrated that the power dies off up top. I may have to cave and do a turbo at some point.

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
this plan sounds good. I recommend you get the 6 point front brace, it's actually a traction mod and allow you to get the power down better.

I've been stage 2 for a bit now (see my build in sig). the car is feeling sorted enough that I'm finally starting to become frustrated that the power dies off up top. I may have to cave and do a turbo at some point.
How's the ride?? I dont want to do anything that will make the drive harsher.

How's the ride?? I dont want to do anything that will make the drive harsher.
everything is better with no downside. If feels like the suspension (control arm, springs, struts) all had too many jobs to do and this bracing took them away allowing them to focus on what they should be doing. it's a total win. I can't speak personally as to how much better the two point brace is to the 4 or 6 point, but you can read plenty of people on here who upgraded and they all said they wish they just did the 6 point to start with so that's what I did.

you can just keep you foot in the gas sooner and harder with less wheelhop and spin.

OP
B
Thread Starter #13
everything is better with no downside. If feels like the suspension (control arm, springs, struts) all had too many jobs to do and this bracing took them away allowing them to focus on what they should be doing. it's a total win. I can't speak personally as to how much better the two point brace is to the 4 or 6 point, but you can read plenty of people on here who upgraded and they all said they wish they just did the 6 point to start with so that's what I did.

you can just keep you foot in the gas sooner and harder with less wheelhop and spin.
Nice. I will put the 6 point on the list.
Will check out your build thread also looking into the euro headlights. Maybe 15-16" wheels down the road.

See you got a Corvette I got a c5 you can never have enough sport cars lol.

nice. there does appear to be quite a few people that have/had corvettes and also fiestas. probably because both are the best value at doing what they do well.