Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I'v owned my 2014 fiesta ST for a week and today I bout 3 things for it online [loveboost] (I got board during class)

A boomba Sound Symposer Delete (you have to do this with after market exhaust) [rockon]
http://www.boombaracing.com/fiesta-st-sound-symposer-delete/

A Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System (there is currently a promo code to get 75$ off) [hah]
https://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/14...flpWZjcNVLQVPAZKrND4mb-UQED6Is9hoCb_sQAvD_BwE

and a Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake (mostly for looks rn but will payoff when i get my intake) [unsurelaugh]
https://www.velossatechdesign.com/product/2014-2017-fiesta-st-ram-air-big-mouth-intake/

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes, a 'mod friendly' dealer might just accept that 'excuse' for the cycle count indicating a reset or such, but I am not too sure there are many of those around here, where there are NO Ford Performance (ex-SVT) dealers, and everyone else just buys a car as an appliance, on a 3 year lease. [mad] [:(]
We'll have to agree to disagree on our personal levels of concern then. From what I understand is that with Magnuson-Moss they have to prove the mod contributed to the failure and Ford even has a dealer guide on how to try to void just about everything, even just swapping a freaking muffler... But when it comes down to it, really? Why would a dealer risk the headaches of trying to piss off their own customers by denying people warranty? It's *Dearborn* that's gonna have the dealer check for codes before approving a warranty repair and only then if it's like for a whole engine or something, which very likely isn't gonna fail in 60k anyway. I mean it's a FiST, it's made to mod from the start, if I blow my motor, boom, used one for $1000 out of a gently driven Escape.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'v owned my 2014 fiesta ST for a week and today I bout 3 things for it online [loveboost] (I got board during class)

A boomba Sound Symposer Delete (you have to do this with after market exhaust) [rockon]
http://www.boombaracing.com/fiesta-st-sound-symposer-delete/

A Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System (there is currently a promo code to get 75$ off) [hah]
https://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/14...flpWZjcNVLQVPAZKrND4mb-UQED6Is9hoCb_sQAvD_BwE

and a Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake (mostly for looks rn but will payoff when i get my intake) [unsurelaugh]
https://www.velossatechdesign.com/product/2014-2017-fiesta-st-ram-air-big-mouth-intake/
Welcome to the club! A simple muffler delete/swap to a louder one is all you need for a little a sound with a Symposer delete, the stock exhaust supports over 300whp no prob but if you like the sound of that specific exhaust then ya, have fun with it! And the Big Mouth can help with charge temps for any intake, even stock, I even cut the hole in the shroud where one would pass through to help get cooler air to my stock air box snorkel... Anyway, with a '14 make sure the cooling recall has been done BEFORE doing any tuning... Enjoy!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got a couple of these guys mounted up last night... Can't wait to test fit them on the car.

View attachment 19692
Can I borrow them for working on NEFR and STPR?! LOL

WHERE did you find the MR-501 VT Specs in our PCD/offset? (I thought that I got the last set in existence, or maybe they were just the very last satin black ones in existence? [dunno])

Intuit

3000 Post Club
We'll have to agree to disagree on our personal levels of concern then. From what I understand is that with Magnuson-Moss they have to prove the mod contributed to the failure and Ford even has a dealer guide on how to try to void just about everything, even just swapping a freaking muffler... But when it comes down to it, really? Why would a dealer risk the headaches of trying to piss off their own customers by denying people warranty? It's *Dearborn* that's gonna have the dealer check for codes before approving a warranty repair and only then if it's like for a whole engine or something, which very likely isn't gonna fail in 60k anyway. I mean it's a FiST, it's made to mod from the start, if I blow my motor, boom, used one for $1000 out of a gently driven Escape.
As far as I'm concerned, when someone modifies ignition timing, fueling, the warranty should be voided. Screwing with ignition/mechanical timing and/or fuel can ruin an engine in short order. As long as it can be metered and offset with enough fuel, air modifications, when done properly, may be okay. Too many backyard engineers cablooying engines and expecting auto manufacturers (a.k.a. - us customers) to pay for it. People who take those risks, should pay for the consequences.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can I borrow them for working on NEFR and STPR?! LOL

WHERE did you find the MR-501 VT Specs in our PCD/offset? (I thought that I got the last set in existence, or maybe they were just the very last satin black ones in existence? [dunno])
I only have two lol. I’m running sparcos in the rear on some old winter tires a buddy gave me.

I bought tire rack’s last method wheel in silver and amazons last method wheel in silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I only have two lol. I’m running sparcos in the rear on some old winter tires a buddy gave me.

I bought tire rack’s last method wheel in silver and amazons last method wheel in silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you going to scour the forums/sites for the other two?
One of the ARA, or Rally America forums might be a good place to ask about these, since there are others running our cars/wheels/PCD and offsets in OTHER parts of the country and Canada, NOT so much in our area. [:(]

It IS a shame that Method discontinued these in our size app (as well as not ever making their other models for us at all).
And M-Sport stopped commissioning OZed to build those R1 spec silver 'disc' style gravel wheels to fit our cars a while ago. [mad]

But Team O'Neil Motorsports claims that they are working on procuring a rally grade/spec wheel for our use in our PCD/offsets/sizes (it would be cool if they were the Braid Acropolis, or Speedline Course 200 series, even though those would be BIG $$$) so that may be another choice for the future. [dunno]

That is still full factory suspension in those pics, correct?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you going to scour the forums/sites for the other two?
One of the ARA, or Rally America forums might be a good place to ask about these, since there are others running our cars/wheels/PCD and offsets in OTHER parts of the country and Canada, NOT so much in our area. [:(]

It IS a shame that Method discontinued these in our size app (as well as not ever making their other models for us at all).
And M-Sport stopped commissioning OZed to build those R1 spec silver 'disc' style gravel wheels to fit our cars a while ago. [mad]

But Team O'Neil Motorsports claims that they are working on procuring a rally grade/spec wheel for our use in our PCD/offsets/sizes (it would be cool if they were the Braid Acropolis, or Speedline Course 200 series, even though those would be BIG $$$) so that may be another choice for the future. [dunno]

That is still full factory suspension in those pics, correct?
No need for two more Methods. Like I said, I have 2 sparcos in the same size for the rear. And yes, OEM suspension.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As far as I'm concerned, when someone modifies ignition timing, fueling, the warranty should be voided. Screwing with ignition/mechanical timing and/or fuel can ruin an engine in short order. As long as it can be metered and offset with enough fuel, air modifications, when done properly, may be okay. Too many backyard engineers cablooying engines and expecting auto manufacturers (a.k.a. - us customers) to pay for it. People who take those risks, should pay for the consequences.
This is the kind shat I'm talking about...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-a-FiST-engine?p=332327&viewfull=1#post332327

It's the consumers, (us,) who pay for that.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-a-FiST-engine?p=214120&viewfull=1#post214120
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-a-FiST-engine?p=213857&viewfull=1#post213857
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-a-FiST-engine?p=229146&viewfull=1#post229146

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Do you ever say anything positive or useful? Most of your comments don't even make sense it's just blah blah blah

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Do you ever say anything positive or useful? Most of your comments don't even make sense it's just blah blah blah
The fact that you believe this makes no sense, speaks for itself. Don't blow up your sh* and expect us to pay for it. Act like an adult and take some responsiblity.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
But there are plenty of experience Pro Tuners out there that work within all the ECU safety parameters, there's no excuse not to use a reputable tuner.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The part I made bold is absolutely true and I agree 100%.

This might not be addressing any argument that you are making, but I gotta say that it is not Ford's responsibility to warranty a car that has been modified to operate in a way that it was not manufactured and originally guaranteed to do so. No matter how "safe" a tune or modification is, it is still a modification that did not come from Ford and is therefore not Ford's responsibility. There are exceptions, such as Mountune's MP215 package (which is even available at some dealers as an option) and some of their other parts, but this is because Mountune have worked closely with Ford to get the parts/tune tested and certified and to ensure that these will not violate the warranty. Ford guarantees Ford/Ford-approved parts and tunes, and to expect more than that is unreasonable.
And when it comes down to it, ultimately I agree... I simply choose to trust that my engine is very likely to last 60k with a "safe tune" regardless but ultimately I accept that risk.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Are there engineering degrees and certifications that one should look for in a "reputable" tuner? From multiple experiences throughout life, I've learned that reputation is not necessarily the best judge for competency and quality. What degrees and certifications do the employees on auto-makers' engineering teams hold?

We all seem to agree that the owner takes on the responsibility of self-warrantying drivetrain damage, from the point that it is altered.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
People who want to mod and still want warranties are funny.

I've been modifying cars far before social media so I have some experience. I think full responsibility in knowing that my engine is my engine now. When it blows I don't expect nobody to pay for a new one but me

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Lol I did custom crease in the fender due to snowstorm today. Well partially my fault as thought was good idea to be screwing around in snow.

WTB orange spice drivers fender.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Are there engineering degrees and certifications that one should look for in a "reputable" tuner? From multiple experiences throughout life, I've learned that reputation is not necessarily the best judge for competency and quality. What degrees and certifications do the employees on auto-makers' engineering teams hold?

We all seem to agree that the owner takes on the responsibility of self-warrantying drivetrain damage, from the point that it is altered.
Not sure if your question was just self assurance to justify your decision to not modify or what, but Cobb Pro Tuners are certified in what is allowed to be done with our engines. I think you are vastly underestimating the ECU's safety features and how tuners know how every little change can affect other systems and how they remain within ECU safety parameters. I mean, if you just turn up the boost, boom, timing get cut, I could go on and on but there are clearly defined parameters that yes, reputable tuners know how to stay within for good results and reliability. Ford engineers don't get decide hardly anything, the bean counters get to decide mostly. With a stock turbo on our cars, Ford went with a tiny turbo for plenty of torque, there isn't a ton of more HP available with it anyway. I'd say the Cobb Stage 1 adds just some torque that Ford neuters out of the tune that is not enough to cause probs but I felt it added to the actual daily driveability and now my Dizzy tune surpasses that. With hundreds of sensors and the overbuilt nature of our engine, I just don't see the need to worry much about it, it's a car meant to have FUN with and research shows very few blown engines. The example you give is someone who replaced the turbo and then ran out of methanol for his WMI setup, pretty clear screw up not even close to running just a tune man.

brbauer2

Passed 40k on the way to work Thursday night, so it was time for an oil and filter change today. Switched from Penzzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 to Ultra Platinum 5w30. Glad it warmed up to 20° with no wind compared to yesterday at -5° with wind chill.

2019-02-14 22.08.12.jpg