Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

You can't soar with Eagles if you Run with the Turkeys! Thanks ford!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nope not cool at all. I hope ford goes bankrupt.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like it. I don't care that it isn't a real ST. They're just milking a few more sales until they shut it down completely.

Looks like a FiST, but it couldn't keep up with the real thing. And let's face it, if Fiestas were flying off the lots, we'd be getting the new one.

Plus, it means more spare body parts that will fit a FiST in the future.

A7xogg

I like it. I don't care that it isn't a real ST. They're just milking a few more sales until they shut it down completely.

Looks like a FiST, but it couldn't keep up with the real thing. And let's face it, if Fiestas were flying off the lots, we'd be getting the new one.

Plus, it means more spare body parts that will fit a FiST in the future.
There flying off at the dealers and the streets(stolen) in europe. another rise in gas prices and the flock will come crawling back to smaller more economic cars

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
There flying off at the dealers and the streets(stolen) in europe. another rise in gas prices and the flock will come crawling back to smaller more economic cars
Yes. Europe has always loved hot hatches, and so have I. Here in 'Muricah, people equate small cars with a lack of success, just like small houses.

If you're into that status bullshit...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya my dealers owner already had his web guy list the ST line on the site with pics and stating incoming. I talked my Fleet manager about it and he said i have not ordered any 2019’s yet. He was aware of them but said that was the owner telling the web guy to put them up.

There are not many ST’s left here California of 2018’s last time I checked a week ago there were roughly 100 across the state on lots. Not many dealers are placing orders for more ST’s period.

I know Galpin has another 2018 Orange Spice with Molten Orange Recaros on order. But overall has maybe 3 18 ST’s in stock right now. For Galpin thats nothingas there are the largest volume Ford dealer in the world and a year ago had like at least 10 or more ST’s in stock.

Honestlly why would someone pay $18,500 for a ST line when you can buy a base ST for 1k more?

I predict the ST line will fail and possibly get blown out. Too bad they did not stick the 1 liter 4cylinder ecoboost engine in the ST line. Then it would have been a baby ST for real.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Honestlly why would someone pay $18,500 for a ST line when you can buy a base ST for 1k more?
Because they can't drive a stick.

I predict the ST line will fail and possibly get blown out. Too bad they did not stick the 1 liter 4cylinder ecoboost engine in the ST line. Then it would have been a baby ST for real.
I know you meant the 3 cylinder, and you're right. If you don't want the ST engine, and the harsher ride, the 1 liter with a 6 speed is the way to go. Lighter, thriftier, and more torque than the base engine. Tune it to 140 hp, and it's still a sharp little commuter that sips gas.

If they'd offered it with that, it would be a cool city car, even with an automatic.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I don't really see the big deal. Ford always had something like the ST-line in Europe, either it was the Zetec-S or ST-Line. In the US, there were a few different appearance packages for the regular Fiesta. They had ST skirts, ST spoiler, chin spoiler, and a different rear diffuser. I have never seen one on the streets, but they were on display at auto shows. Ford also did the same thing with the Focus Mk1's. There was the SAP, Street Appearance Package, that had a spoiler, skirts, different bumpers, and different wheels. Very few of these cars had any performance upgrades.

For the most part, people would rather have the looks rather than the performance. So many complaints about harsh ride, poor MPG, need for premium fuel, uncomfortable seats, lack of an automatic, and torque steer. These people should never even consider a ST, but they do and they complain. Ford just responds to the market by giving people the look of performance without having to give any performance. It is no different than any SUV. People want the look that they could go off-road without actually going off-road or dealing with the compromises that come from driving an off-road vehicle on the road. People just want the image.

At first I was like "Ok, why not, it can be good looking, and the base model has a good platform to be "sporty", throw the 1.0EB and why not"

And then I was like:
"No 1.0EB? yeah fuck that shit"

Then I remembered that they basically killed the 1.0EB in north America for the Fiesta, because fuck us every single way.

Gotta say though that this green with the black roof and the black wheels is mean looking.

I hope they could do something special for the 2019 FiST and not just ST200 special, but something even better. Maybe 2018 RS special (without the crazy price tag), like... a factory LSD? I believe the new FiST in Europe is same transmission... so it could be plug and play, no?

One can hope.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
All auto makers since the 80's use just in time parts systems. They don't stock pile things . Inventory is taxed .

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
At first I was like "Ok, why not, it can be good looking, and the base model has a good platform to be "sporty", throw the 1.0EB and why not"

And then I was like:
"No 1.0EB? yeah fuck that shit"

Then I remembered that they basically killed the 1.0EB in north America for the Fiesta, because fuck us every single way.

Gotta say though that this green with the black roof and the black wheels is mean looking.

I hope they could do something special for the 2019 FiST and not just ST200 special, but something even better. Maybe 2018 RS special (without the crazy price tag), like... a factory LSD? I believe the new FiST in Europe is same transmission... so it could be plug and play, no?

One can hope.
The weird thing is they still offer the 1.0 in the Focus. How hard would it be to have it in the Fiesta, since they've already done it for the Americas? That would be preferable to the base motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9mhJ-m9D0 Go to 13:15 for the reasons why it's the better motor.

I doubt they'll do anything special for the FiST. They're just winding it down, and gearing up for something else. The fine folks in Cuautitlán need to do something in that big factory, or they'll end up looking like Flint.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Well we knew it was coming...an ST wanna be...thanks for kicking the stateside Hothatch crew in the nuts! Mediocre ford....I'm not even gonna capitalize the f in ford anymore. God you people are complete cockwombles!

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/ford-officially-confirms-2019-fiesta-st-line-north-america/

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Curious.

The one poster who was regular for a time, and would be happy with this news, has had all of his threads (and posts?) deleted.
He had threads such as:
"Who would want to see a Fiesta Sedan ST?"
"2nd gear departing from a stop?"
"Increase spring travel?"

Don't recall the name of the poster, but he had post after post, wanting less power, soft ride, better fuel economy, taller gearing, etc. He liked the styling of the ST, but that was all. So this is right up his alley... a 1.0L Fiesta {poser} ST.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Curious.

The one poster who was regular for a time, and would be happy with this news, has had all of his threads (and posts?) deleted.
He had threads such as:
"Who would want to see a Fiesta Sedan ST?"
"2nd gear departing from a stop?"
"Increase spring travel?"

Don't recall the name of the poster, but he had post after post, wanting less power, soft ride, better fuel economy, taller gearing, etc. He liked the styling of the ST, but that was all. So this is right up his alley... a 1.0L Fiesta {poser} ST.
Thought it was melee....but don't quote me there.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk