Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fix and solution for my 2016 intake cel codes p144c

I just installed the tubing today and could see a difference from the start. I have the full mishimoto intake with updated adapter fix and after installing he 2014-15 tubing line from Ford, intake swoosh is a lot more prevalent and seems to me the mishimoto adapter was still leaking before blowback into the intake somewhere. Throttle response feels better with this tubing too. Have a long trip to take early next week so will know for sure if the P144C code stays away, but liking everything so far, thanks for the fix on this.

I just installed the tubing today and could see a difference from the start. I have the full mishimoto intake with updated adapter fix and after installing he 2014-15 tubing line from Ford, intake swoosh is a lot more prevalent and seems to me the mishimoto adapter was still leaking before blowback into the intake somewhere. Throttle response feels better with this tubing too. Have a long trip to take early next week so will know for sure if the P144C code stays away, but liking everything so far, thanks for the fix on this.
When I installed mine I thought the same thing as well but I figured it was placebo and there was no way that this little tubing harness could affect the car that way....almost 2k miles and no CEL!

Does anyone have an updated part number for this part? I tried searching the Ford parts site and this part doesn’t come up. Tasca refunded my order because the part is not available. Might just try calling the dealership just didn’t want to deal with them if I don’t have to. Links are also appreciated. Thanks!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I picked up mine last week from my local dealer. They told me the part was unavailable in the "fast moving" east coast warehouses, but they happened to have one in stock so I bought it.

They are apparently a special order from the factory at the moment...

(also... I've lurked so much on this forum that this is my first post *toot* *confetti*)

LILIKE16ST

Thanks for paving the way on this guys. I've read about so many problems with the evap "fixes" for all the intakes and that's part of the reason I still haven't done an aftermarket intake nearly 2 years after purchasing my 2016. I plan on going with an intake along with a custom e30 tune to pair with my depo intercooler I already have in a couple months so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this 2015 hose kit from Tasco for 66 shipped just a minute ago for when intake time comes in a couple months. I feel bad for all the people who were screwed and ran in circles with these "fixes" that cost 40-45 bucks this was only 66 shipped for me and it's well worth the 20 dollar premium over those because it actually does "fix" the issue as in nothing rigged no cel and everything functions exactly how it should in every way the first time with no hasstle. If you feel it's not worth an extra 20 bucks or so to not hzve hassle and have everything function perfectly as intended then by all means cross your fingers and order a "fix" from an aftermarket vendor and hope it was worth the 20 you saved because based on everything I've seen and read in the last 2 years it isn't worth it to me...I'll gladly shell out double what those fixes cost for something that actually works 100% the first time and it seems I found it. Thanks again for all those paving the way. I'm probably going with the map intake.

Thanks for this information and for all the feedback, it makes me sad when there is a forum boner and everyone gets excited about the "next big thing" then never posts another word about whether it worked or didn't work.
Going to try local dealers for this part, wish me luck.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I'll be plugging in my 14/15 evap line when it gets here. My '17 gets a VERY VERY rare 0144c light, like maybe once aonth, but I am also battling p0455/0456 codes that's I got a new canister to hopefully fix.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I had the MAP intake with their fix and would get this code every few weeks. After reading this thread, I bought the 14/15 evap line from my local dealer. So far it has not come back.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Did this with a co-workers 2015 FiST. Swapped evap lines and intake tubes

LILIKE16ST

So are we establishing that the 2015 model year is the best year to buy now?[party]
yea that would be correct! lol but the 16 and up has sync 3 so I believe I'll take my 16 with 15 avap lines as opposed to a 15 then upgrading to sync 3 (to some it probably don't matter). One thing I will say I am very envious of 14-15 cars is that they were available in race red. That would have for sure been my color choice had it been available for 16. Oh well a blacked out fiesta will have to do lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I can’t deny a brand new Performance Blue would have been nice but in no way do I think the 14-15 were the best years just because of evap lines lol. I am quite happy with my 2018 Orange Spice though and sync 3 is much more important than an evap line that can be changed.
Love the back up Camera as well even if I don’t use half the time its nice having it there.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone that has done this mod experienced any excessive oil residue in their charge pipes?

LILIKE16ST

Has anyone that has done this mod experienced any excessive oil residue in their charge pipes?
I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the evap lines. Oil residue is going to be in the charge pipes anyways unless you have a catch can. The amount depends on many factors...driving style, the vehicle in question, weather or not you have a catch can installed, etc. Pretty sure the evap lines should not effect that one way or the other. I just installed a 20k mile engine because my 52k engine in my 16 bit the dust. Lost all my oil due to a hole that was accidently poked into the oil cooler trying to get a tight oil filter off (completely my fault) and I had it checked out at the dealership and they proceeded to tell me my car had excessive buildup of carbon on the intake valves as I never installed a catch can. I installed the engine and my x37 at the same time. Needless to say I have occ from damond motorsports I'm about to install this time around

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the evap lines. Oil residue is going to be in the charge pipes anyways unless you have a catch can. The amount depends on many factors...driving style, the vehicle in question, weather or not you have a catch can installed, etc.

I figured as much. I don't have a catch can installed at the moment but I've heard that there isn't enough engine vacuum to facilitate one. To me there is an EXCESSIVE amount of oil in the hot side pipe, my boost hose popped off and sprayed the underside of my car with oil, car seems to run fine though and its not consuming oil, so I'm really at a loss here.

LILIKE16ST

I figured as much. I don't have a catch can installed at the moment but I've heard that there isn't enough engine vacuum to facilitate one. To me there is an EXCESSIVE amount of oil in the hot side pipe, my boost hose popped off and sprayed the underside of my car with oil, car seems to run fine though and its not consuming oil, so I'm really at a loss here.
Oil gets passed through the pcv system from the engine back into the intake and the turbo is also oil lubricated as well as cooled via coolant so that probably explains some of the oil also. There is def oil that goes back into the intake...and it def causes intake valve carbon buildup. There are things you can do to slow it down a lot and combat it. Use really good synthetic oil and change often...don't do the 10k oil changes ford recommends (I don't recommend it anyways). Needs to be closer to the 5-7 range at the max imo. Get an engine oil that plays well with DI turbo engines. There are certain driving habits that can help too and an occ is another method to help some. How much has yet to be proven but if it helps any it's worth it for me. I've read that in high boost apps the modified pcv can raise pressure inside the crank case but you can opt for the can with the breather on it like I did from damand motorsports and I also have a cfm oil breather cap so I should not have any issues with too much pressure in the crankcase. I've sent my initial logs to Ryan at PD tuning waiting on my first revision for 93 then on to e30...I'm pumped because the car feels pretty good as is on a super concervative base tune with 93. Catch can will be installed this weekend.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oil gets passed through the pcv system from the engine back into the intake and the turbo is also oil lubricated as well as cooled via coolant so that probably explains some of the oil also. There is def oil that goes back into the intake...and it def causes intake valve carbon buildup. There are things you can do to slow it down a lot and combat it. Use really good synthetic oil and change often...don't do the 10k oil changes ford recommends (I don't recommend it anyways). Needs to be closer to the 5-7 range at the max imo. Get an engine oil that plays well with DI turbo engines. There are certain driving habits that can help too and an occ is another method to help some. How much has yet to be proven but if it helps any it's worth it for me. I've read that in high boost apps the modified pcv can raise pressure inside the crank case but you can opt for the can with the breather on it like I did from damand motorsports and I also have a cfm oil breather cap so I should not have any issues with too much pressure in the crankcase. I've sent my initial logs to Ryan at PD tuning waiting on my first revision for 93 then on to e30...I'm pumped because the car feels pretty good as is on a super concervative base tune with 93. Catch can will be installed this weekend.
Not gonna agree with you here and will say we should be careful in stating things as fact when you choose to gave an opinion that goes against the plenty of proof catch cans don't help with carbon buildup prevention, and many other owners and tuners will agree with me... Stock 16+ induction hose especially has more advanced oil separation and what gets through is the thin stuff that gets burned off, but I will say that whose who modify the 16+ intake with older evap hoses or adapters may get more oil into the intake too, but still, Stratified has a great article that explains how catch cans don't prevent carbon buildup HERE, specifically note the technical reasons why [MENTION=8727]MagnetiseST[/MENTION] was on the right track when he mentions not the right vacuum, in the right place to really help when it specifically comes to carbon buildup... Now if you want to install them anyway to maybe keep some thin oil out of your IC and charge pipes, that might be effective. I just wanted to point out the actual technical reasons how catch cans don't help with carbon buildup, it's not like years ago when there wasn't 2 factory oil separators in play already, mechanics will also make up their minds years before the tech changes and too stubborn to revisit that opinion when the tech does change... I totally agree in using SN Plus rated full synthetic changed every 5-6k, driving it hard to burn off as much stuff possible with an e30 tune (alcohol vapors will help clean out PCV system) and always using Top Tier to keep injection tips and exhaust valves clean... Anyway, nothing personal, just trying to spread some knowledge when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary of what you claim as fact man... Also, WMI and Aux fuel is the only guaranteed way to prevent it and they have chemical services you can do into the intake system directly that can "help", especially if you stay on top of it when new and do the service as often as you can.