Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

People wanting to race

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #22
Ugh. Those are the people that don't notice the difference between a Ferrari and a Camry. Some people just aren't very observant.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
my neighbor said my FiST looks like a pruis [mecry]
I've had that comment a few times ....I can see the confusion as the FiST does look like an egg...

Worst was walking out of the store and getting in my car in the parking lot and some teenage girl said...cute car... LOL!!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
i have 2 buddies from work constantly wanting a re-race me because i killed them last year at the drag.

1 is in a bmw 330xi and another is in his 2011 STi. i beat the BMW multiple times and the STi once, to be fair the STi cooked his clutch and i went into limp mode because of wheel hop, but a win is a win.[gunfire]

BMW Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeo9MZ6iBM
STi Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ7rto_8a_8

[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] to the people who tell me i have a cute car; i just tell them that my other ride is their mom. [neener]

Boro

Subaru drivers definitely know what's up, gotten a wave or two. Nobody really tries to race me though, and I'm no instigator.
One time I did have a Nissan sentra sedan tailing me and generally being aggressive. He finally got to a stop light with me, 65 mph ahead, and just started motioning and giving me the boy racer eye, inching forwards. Lols.

Or more recently, TRUCKS! Big, big trucks. They love to run. I will never understand this..

I dont get too many people trying to go for it on the north side of Cincinnati. There is one guy in a blacked out RDX with some kind of light mods who messes with me from time to time but other than that, its rather boring. Civics, GTIs, and the like tend to not want to play.

It is hella surprising how quick the ST is though. Guy in a Genesis Coupe 3.8 tried to outrun me from light to light recently and finally gave up when he realized he couldnt get away...then we both got smoked by a built 99 Eclipse GSX.

What ive found however, is that daily drivers seem to dislike the FiST tremendously around here. Moms in minivans, people in SUVs and the general public seem to rage against my car. Its like a personal affront to them that a small black hatch could have the gall to pass them or get in front of them. I get sped up on constantly and mean mugged. I noticed it since the first week i got the car in 2013. My wife has even made mention of it when we are driving around or she is following me somewhere. All it takes is a little boost and everyone usually settles down except for the odd older, indignant gentlemen who then ride me in their 300Cs or Benzes.

Truth be told, no one seems to notice anything special about the FiST but i have had a few comments from coworkers and random people saying it looked good but then the screwface gets pulled once i explain its a hopped up Fiesta. "Why would you buy a Fiesta?" and "Whatever, its not that fast...its a Fiesta" is what i usually get. After a quick test drive though, they all come back wide eyed and stuttering, especially if they tasted full boost or i took them around some corners. REDEMPTION!!!! Bwahahahahahaha...heretics! Non-believers!

Anyway, to the Fiesta ST...Ford's big middle finger to those who think spending $50K+ is the only ticket to automotive heaven!

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #28
Nice races. I can say that even a 535i is dead even with the FiST.

One other thing that is funny is the confusion on people's faces when they hear the turbo spool and the BPV sound off and they see a Fiesta. It's almost as classic as their faces when they heard the turbo and BOV on my Saturn.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Back in 2000-2005 when I owned my ZX3, I had every kid on the planet trying to race me. Of course, the amount of people wanting to race increased by a factor of 10 shortly after a certain movie came out in 2001.

Focus at GRCC by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

I got so tired of the amount of attention the car received from kids and cops alike, I stripped the car of the graphics and noticed very few people paid attention to the car.

Racetech Ford Focus by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

Since then, I have been much more conservative with my cars. Besides the giant red mud flaps on my ST in the winter, the car looks like your typical econobox. I have also noticed that my driving habits have changed over the decade where now I basically drive to and from work and very little in the evenings. There aren't any kids interested in street racing on a Wednesday morning at 6:30 when I am going to work. It is kind of nice not to have kids revving their engines next to me, cops following me all over town, and neighbors thinking I am out stealing semi-trucks full of electronics to pay for modifications.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
i was running sg1 tune at the time.

i tell my STi buddy that no matter how many times he may beat me; he will never earn any respect by telling people he beat a Fiesta, myself on the other hand can tell anyone that i beat a STi and earn cred. lol.
[MENTION=2344]Natedogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=405]SpooledUpST[/MENTION]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I won't bother with street racing but I like the people that look at the car and think they can just run over me. Or try to run me out of room on the hiway on ramps .. Then I just squeeze the beans a little bit and leave them scratching their heads how this car can zip in ahead of them .. All speed legal of course ...

i didnt really buy my FiST to be noticed tho. not really the point of the car, especially in black. but other car enthusiasts do give me a wave or the bro nod[coolsmile]

Nobody here bats an eye at my FiST. Probably because it's so rare here in Toronto and it's plain jane silver. It's a nice change since I'm coming from a loud WRX and a roll barred Miata. Still not as bad as when I owned my Integras before, even minivans wanted to race me haha.

i didnt really buy my FiST to be noticed tho. not really the point of the car, especially in black. but other car enthusiasts do give me a wave or the bro nod[coolsmile]
So much this, and I got the silver to look even more ordinary. But I got the opposite effect like Rodmoe mentioned, and people think they need to get ahead of my "nondescript" subcompact. I think for whatever reason it's just ingrained in driver's minds to pass subcompacts and freight trucks.

None of the performance cars race me though. Which, of course, I wouldn't anyway.

Siestarider

I masked the silver trim and painted my red ST emblem on the hatch with white plastidip, matches the white paint job. Went from MBRP catback back to stock. When I was stopped for more than 15 over Sunday 7 am on way home after remote road calibration pulls the nice officer accepted my truthful explanation that I did not realize my speed was excessive. Happily warned I slowed down. The humble siesta abides.

However, the cognoscenti are out there: sometimes only a little hooliganism will sort them.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Daily driver hate my fiesta. They cut me off and all kinds of non-sense to try and stay in front of me when really they are slowing me down a great deal. Really annoying. I can say people stay'd out of my say generally in my G35 coupe. My fist is much faster in every measure and people will just chop right in front me. So annoying.

I also dis-like having an exhaust because the car sounds like its trying hard to accelerate when I'm just driving normal, so people next to me tend to accel faster to " try and keep up with me". Then when I need over, they are in the damn way and the next car behind us is 100 yards back, so I naturally, just lean on 1/2 throttle and rabbit jump for 1sec and then get in front of them, lol. Like, " ohhhh , you thought we were racing? Lmao". Those are the people that goto work the next day in their chevy truck and say, "man I raced a evo yesterday and beat it by a car length to 60mph". When really, the evo was just driving normal, lol.

Wish I could have stock exhaust without losing power. The intake is more than enough "sport", lol.

I had this problem in my se-r....every civic Si wanted to race me...even had a mustang or two try to mess around. It had a loud exhaust and intake on it but was mostly stock. It gets old when you are just trying to get around and people want to race. One of the reasons I got the fiesta is because I assumed it would attract less of these types of people. I think my fiesta is much louder (and faster) but no one messes with me now. I've had a few wrx/ms3 guys give me a nod or thumbs up but thats about it. I went to a local car meet last week when I still had my stock wheels and no one even gave it a second glance.

I've had 3 Hondas, 2 civics and 1 accord, an SUV, and a Mazda 3, not speed3, just a 3, all want to race or just be a dick on the road. The 2 civics and Mazda 3 were young guys trying to get my attention, reving their engines but I just didn't give them the time of day. It's just not worth it, as much as I'd love to put them in their place, the cons greatly out weigh pros. The accord was riding my ass on the freeway after he tried to cut me off, so I just stepped on it and pulled away, never saw him after that. The SUV was going slow, like 55 in a 65 zone. When I tried to pass, they sped up, so we we came to the on ramp to another freeway, he took the inside thinking I couldn't pass on the outside lane. Man, I love taking corners and turns on this thing, I shifted into fourth and just sped away. The grip and the handling these cars have is amazing and the look on the guys face was priceless. That's been it, besides them it's been quiet and I like it that way. I just love driving this car everywhere, it always puts a smile on my face.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've had some good races. I'm more proud of my loses then my wins, lol.
At the track, I've beat some epic cars.

Fav street race was a 2014-15 audi S4 that got be by a car length to 125mph.
Fav street loss? V6 camaro from a stop to 50mph lol.
Fav track win? Audi S4 4.2L V8 awd.
Fav track loss? Super charged CTS-V got me by 2 cars, but i was abead until the 1,000ft mark.
(All that on the 233whp-245whp tune minus the V6 camaro, lol )

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The FoSTs that know of my car don't really bother me. And I'm sure the others think it's a FoST so they don't really bother. Every now and then someone gets froggy. A couple V6 Mustangs, a V6 Chally, an R/T Jeep, a V6 Gen Coupe... Mostly cars that think they can take me. When you're not cocky, you won't get embarrased.