Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SSTuning 5 door body kit — yay or nay

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I still think it’s better than the Bushwhacker bolt-ons everyone else does though.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I was pretty excited to hear they were developing a flare kit for the 5-door but it kinda looks wonky..

I personally like this option
the price is usually high on their goods plus I read about fitment difficulty on them
current flares that bolt on make matters easy compared to stick on style like this

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just cant do fender flares..I have the side skirts from Vegas....Rally sport 3 piece front splitter and rear splitter from Verus awaiting to be installed. All black in color....Debating if I wanna install before winter or after Is the question to test their durability.[biggrin]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I personally like this option
the price is usually high on their goods plus I read about fitment difficulty on them
current flares that bolt on make matters easy compared to stick on style like this
I’m appreciating them more as I look at the pics. I would’ve thought the stick-on style would be easier to mount, but I suppose you’d only get one shot to get it right.. SSTuning’s cars have always impressed me. I’m sure this looks killer in person.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I personally do not like these. They remind me too much of some of the overexaggerated body kits for the 180sx/240sx in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Its the added body line accents that they use to try and make it more in line with the factory lines that just looks off and a bit over done. Especiallly the front fender part, towards the door amd the rear quarter panel are on the back end. Makes if look very stuck on extra instead of looking factory.

Either you go full on Is race car look or you do tasteful bubble style fender flares that follow body lines perfectly with no accent. These are neither IMO.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I agree. The stick-on look is unfinished. If the car was wrapped and the gaps were concealed it might look ok.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I like it because it looks cleaner then the other wide body kits, the rear is really nice. The front is where it looks a little tacked on.

Not really into this or any of the other kits I’ve seen. If someone is making a kit it needs to replace not add to what’s there stock.

AzNightmare

Good to have options... but I don't really care for it.

At the price point it will be at, it's way too subtle. The point of flares is so you can run wider tires. The pictures look weird cause the wheels aren't flush at all.
If they're just stick-on and the fenders aren't cut, then the wheels can't be flush which just defeats the purpose.

Going wide is something irreversible and it's one of those "go big" or "go home" mods. If you're still on the fence, then don't do it. It's a full commitment.

And on that note,... What's with all these flare kits that just go partial way around the wheel arches, ending abruptly at the bumpers? So many kits do this and it just looks weird and incomplete.
Why do they keep doing this??????????

I've got the kit on my car, I love it. I only did the fronts though as I was too scared to cut up the actual body[8D] It's functional after cutting up the fender now I can fit up to 245 under there with no rubbing. I'm on a 215/40 right now in the front which measures out to be the same as 225/40. I've got lots of room with a +15mm spacer and with the right size wheel (15 or 16x9) should be great and help with traction

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
[MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] you didn’t cut your front fenders?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
This dudes WRC Replica Kit is awesome:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
This dudes WRC Replica Kit is awesome:

I dig it alot as well as the hood vents. But from the looks of the intercooler and suspension it looks like an all show no go. Unless he rallys it.

I like this kit despite what others think. Not bad looking at all. But I also like the bolt on flares and don’t mind the hard cut off lines that come with it.

But it’s always good to have options as not everyone has the same taste. Isn’t that the reason why we mod our stock fiesta’s to look different than stock