Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #341
Just upgraded my reverse lights to LEDs at the recommendation of George aka [MENTION=10919]GTP[/MENTION]. Nice difference...plug and play mod, took 2 minutes to install. Remove two T25 Torx screws, pull light, unscrew socket, pull bulb, reassemble, done. Still can't believe how easy it is to work on this car...for most things anyway...

Product:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-T15...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #342
Thanks to George aka [MENTION=10919]GTP[/MENTION] for this idea and for kindly sending me an elbow after I asked him about the part.

The sharp 90 degree bend in my catch can hose has been bothering me so I added this elbow to take the strain off the hose.

Also to anyone reading, make sure you use some sort of barrier between these hoses and the other parts of the car, otherwise they will rub and eventually a hole will develop which is not good. I love foam tape, always handy to have around sort of like zip ties, a must for every man's garage.

BEFORE

AFTER

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I may need to do this eventually with my Damond OCC. I have the hose sleeves but it leaves a little to be desired. It is 100% fine currently but I'm anal [shy]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #347
Today was tune-up day:

* new plugs
* fresh oil and filter
* catch can empty (about 2 oz. in 6 months)

I've made the decision to discontinue use of RACE GAS concentrate on my car. Ethanol 30 blend brings about the same power for way cheaper. Plus I'm not happy with what the RGC does to my plugs after 3,000 miles. Going forward it will be e30 or pump 93 only.

Oil change pic shows out of the Fumoto valve and right onto the 6-point brace.

Also sometime soon I'll be installing my HOTCHKIs rear sway which arrived yesterday.

Bonus pic at the oncologist with my little brother, we discovered the Infinity Gauntlet...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Some orange deposit is to be expected with that octane boosting fuel additive, but looking at those plugs, I don't blame you one bit for the cessation of it's use. ;)

I WISH that there was an E85 station within 50 miles of where I am now. :(

GTP

Bro. You can stick some fuel hose on the Fumoto valve and have it pipe the old oil straight into a container. It should've come with a little barb adapter you can insert into the line and then snap onto the valve, if the valve itself doesn't have a fitting the hose will securely slip onto. Next time? Next time. [biggrin]
Krug I was about to say the same thing. I stick a hose on mine and it goes right into a jug.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #352
Jeff those plugs look terrible. I'd stick to the E30.
Yep, that's the plan, and part of the reason I'm discontinuing using the RGC.

It stops the 2 point brace from corroding.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Here is a man who makes lemonade out of lemons. Who would have thought that that was my plan all along? Bravo to you sir! Your sense of humor is a blessing!

But I will use a hose next time...and BTW it's a 6 point!!!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Everything looks good in your build thread, Jeff! Keep it up. Also, dibs on the rear sway bar if you ever decide to do without.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Bring that blue beauty down here brother, I'll wash it up real good and feed you beer and pizza!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure, I didn't do much research, I just was in the spending mood and it looked good/got good reviews so I clicked to buy. Not my typical approach but what the heck. And thanks for the compliment, I think it looks pretty snazzy!!!

Speaking of snazzy, after thinking about this for about a year I added these 2 Pumaspeed badges to my car as such. I trimmed the website off, thought it looked tacky with it on there, and then re-rounded the bottom edges. And...........I really like this! Subtle but nice, it matches the black/grey/red color scheme nicely!!!!!!!!!

+ .00832 HP!!!!

[wrenchin]

I like the badges! Now that I've got the X37 on, I think I want to swap my mountune badge for a puma speed one. Where did you get yours/

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #358
I like the badges! Now that I've got the X37 on, I think I want to swap my mountune badge for a puma speed one. Where did you get yours/
You can order them from Pumaspeed I think $4 each iirc but shipping will get you...I combined mine with my pulley so it wasn’t too bad.

CSM

1000 Post Club
You can order them from Pumaspeed I think $4 each iirc but shipping will get you...I combined mine with my pulley so it wasn’t too bad.
Ah thanks...yeah maybe I'll look for another badge to throw no the FiST. Corn_Fed badge maybe? E30 is so addictive.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #360
Ah thanks...yeah maybe I'll look for another badge to throw no the FiST. Corn_Fed badge maybe? E30 is so addictive.
You might post a "wanted" thread for a Puma badge - I know several guys who have a few laying around unused, they'd probably send you one for little or free.

I just got a corn emblem for my car since I'm mostly on ethanol nowadays, I put it on my shelf insert bling, check it out:

Last edited: