Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First challenge.

Trader history for CanadianGuy (0)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
First challenge. OIl dipstick

[MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] Ok here is the first two challenges.
1- What is the part number for the rear caliper bracket on your Focus SVT? THis part is compatible to the FiST allowing it to run a 11" rear disc. Do not need the WHOLE caliper assembly.
2- What is the part number for the Fiesta Oil dip stick that will fit the Boomba handle which requires a wire type. I have the flat style which is not compatible.

What boomba requires
Capture.JPG

Mine
IMG-20160531-00784.jpg

Attachments

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
[MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] Ok here is the first two challenges.
1- What is the part number for the rear caliper bracket on your Focus SVT? THis part is compatible to the FiST allowing it to run a 11" rear disc. Do not need the WHOLE caliper assembly.
2- What is the part number for the Fiesta Oil dip stick that will fit the Boomba handle which requires a wire type. I have the flat style which is not compatible.

What boomba requires
View attachment 11680

Mine
View attachment 11681

The SVT rear caliper brackets were P/N 2M5Z-2B582-AA but they're long discontinued. I know at least one guy was sourcing them from Europe where they were used on the Focus ST-170 but I don't have the European part number.

As for that dipstick, that's going to take some more research. Can you shoot me your VIN? PM it if you like. It appears that the original dipstick from 2014 has been replaced by a new part number but I don't have photos of either so it's going to be tricky. Anyone here have the cable type from new and want to share their VIN?

-Steve

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thanks [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION]. I will pm you my vin but I don't want any flat type I need the wire. Also move the post into your forum.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Okay folks. Can you check your oil dipstick? If you have the cable one send your VIN via PM to [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] and post here that you have done so to reduce the number of PMs he gets. We only need one.

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] what about you? Got the VIN of the Fiesta or the Transit ? I want the handle but I also want to order the CORRECT dip stick and Steve can help!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
if the assumption here is that the '16s have the cable type (i can't remember) then the VIN i sent Steve should do it

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
if the assumption here is that the '16s have the cable type (i can't remember) then the VIN i sent Steve should do it
The VIN you sent comes up with the same dipstick that CanadianGuys VIN did so I'm guessing they'll both be the flat ones. Need someone that can verify with their own car and VIN which style they have. I'll ask a friend of mine too as he has a '16.

-Steve

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
OK, this p/n has been verified by the VIN of a friend and fellow forum member from his '16 FiST as a cable type. I also called a dealer that showed one on hand and they verified that it's the cable type as well.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bm5z6750c

-Steve
Awesome! Group Buy? LOL [kidding] Could you send me the part number of the flat one?

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Awesome! Group Buy? LOL [kidding] Could you send me the part number of the flat one?
Discount won't get any better for a group buy on something like this, our site is already deeply discounted although you can use promo code 2016tasca for a few extra points off.

As for the flat one? I'm not positive but I believe it was P/N BM5Z-6750-A which has been replaced by the BM5Z-6750-C so as far as I can tell you couldn't get a flat one as a replacement if you wanted to.

-Steve

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Discount won't get any better for a group buy on something like this, our site is already deeply discounted although you can use promo code 2016tasca for a few extra points off.

As for the flat one? I'm not positive but I believe it was P/N BM5Z-6750-A which has been replaced by the BM5Z-6750-C so as far as I can tell you couldn't get a flat one as a replacement if you wanted to.

-Steve
Thank you sir. For the price I will just go to my local dealer. Not worth paying the cost of the unit to ship to Canada. Which will be more expensive than the part. Lol

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
OK - I have another one then.
I need a front bumper for the 2015 FiST. Here is the the confusing part: if you do the search, the part number is D2BZ17757AC, however, the dealer swears that based on the VIN, the part number is D2BZ17757BB. But, if you look at the Tasca site, the "picture" of the BB bumper is clearly not the one that is on a FiST - unless you look at a complete part diagram, in which the bumper does not match the one in the "bumper-only" pic, and does look like the one on the FiST variant... Argh!!!

Thoughts?

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
OK - I have another one then.
I need a front bumper for the 2015 FiST. Here is the the confusing part: if you do the search, the part number is D2BZ17757AC, however, the dealer swears that based on the VIN, the part number is D2BZ17757BB. But, if you look at the Tasca site, the "picture" of the BB bumper is clearly not the one that is on a FiST - unless you look at a complete part diagram, in which the bumper does not match the one in the "bumper-only" pic, and does look like the one on the FiST variant... Argh!!!

Thoughts?
The trouble with catalog illustrations is that they tend to be somewhat generic especially in a third party catalog as used by our website host.

D2BZ*17757*BB is the correct part number for a 2015 Fiesta ST front bumper cover. Below is the image from the actual Ford parts catalog, they've come a long way from the old line drawing days.

-Steve