Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Velossa Tech Diffuser Fins - Fiesta ST

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

AzNightmare

Please tell me, I can't be the only guy with this issue??

Since day one, I've noticed the center Fin didn't contour perfectly with the valance, but I didn't think much about it because I figured the tape would hold it despite the fin trying to pull itself off due to tension. The image above is basically the natural position if the 3M tape wasn't there. There's a slight gap cause the fitment isn't good so the fin is constantly trying to pull off while the tape is trying to hold it together. The tape loses the battle after about 2 days~.

Issue is from the center fin not contouring perfectly... I just had time to getting these on, but I did buy them last November... Yes, long time ago. Perhaps this was a preliminary version? The misfitment is blatantly noticeable though if it was test fitted during production.

Rear shot of my fin placement. I'm pretty sure this isn't installation error. lol
[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION] Please look into this

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #203
I will take a look at the center fin and get back to you. Luckily I just 3D scanned Gregs rear bumper when he came in last week, because I wanted to extend the fins to the edge of the bumper for a new design revision. Should be an easy enough contour change if it needs one.

AzNightmare

I will take a look at the center fin and get back to you. Luckily I just 3D scanned Gregs rear bumper when he came in last week, because I wanted to extend the fins to the edge of the bumper for a new design revision. Should be an easy enough contour change if it needs one.
Wait, does that mean you built these fins without having a FiST bumper to test them on??

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #205
Wait, does that mean you built these fins without having a FiST bumper to test them on??
No, what I meant to say was, if there is was any flexing going on at the bumper during install, I will be able to see it in the scan. It looks like you would have had to flex the bumper to get them to line up, I will be able to confirm this with the digital data. I don't remember there being that amount of flex left in the bumper. Scan data is much much more accurate than a contour gauge or clay negative.

I'd like to quickly add that my centre fin is exactly like the one shown by @AzNightmre
I took it off and have been using 4 instead of 5 since about a week after initial install.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

No, what I meant to say was, if there is was any flexing going on at the bumper during install, I will be able to see it in the scan. It looks like you would have had to flex the bumper to get them to line up, I will be able to confirm this with the digital data. I don't remember there being that amount of flex left in the bumper. Scan data is much much more accurate than a contour gauge or clay negative.
Thanks. Looking forward for the analysis.

I have been eyeing these fins for a while, but I'll hold off and see how the new revision turns out.
Thanks for all the hard work!

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #213
I'm interested in the new revision as well. Do the colors match up to the factory paint?
Performance blue is a very close match, race red is also a close match. Molten orange is a shade lighter than Ford Molten orange. The paint Ford uses changes color with lighting so it is nearly impossible to perfectly match MO, it is as close as I could get it. White is white, black is black, green envy is close (maybe a tad bit lighter). Here is our color palette.

Best,

AzNightmare

IMO, If you're going for matching fin color, buy a can of Dupli-Color Perfect Match and spray paint it. It'll work out great cause that area will be in the shadow anyway so Dupli-Color's match (Even if it's like a 95% match,) will look just right.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #220
Update, here is what the new design looks like. Just thought I would render it in red because it looks cool.