Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just tuned to stage 3...doesn't feel any different

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Another silly question, I don't hit anywhere near 20 boost psi until I'm slamming it on the on ramp to the freeway in 5th-6th gear. I assume this is normal? I normally only get 10 or less when in lower gears.
To be sure we're on the same page, you're not seeing 20psi even when flooring it in 3rd or 4th gear?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I took off a spacer and installed the gfb unit. No difference in boost pressure.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #23
To be sure we're on the same page, you're not seeing 20psi even when flooring it in 3rd or 4th gear?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Correct. Flooring it in 3rd and 4th gear I only get to 10 psi or less. The only time I reach 20 psi is 5th-6th gear flooring it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Wow 10 or less 1st through 4th? Thats all bad. Mine isn't that bad just under 20 in all gears.

Correct. Flooring it in 3rd and 4th gear I only get to 10 psi or less. The only time I reach 20 psi is 5th-6th gear flooring it.
You checked all your intercooler piping correct? Are you getting and CEL's? That last pipe up to the hot side of the turbo has a tendency to pop off if you didn't get the clamp over the ring (and its an absolute pain to get on).

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #28
You checked all your intercooler piping correct? Are you getting and CEL's? That last pipe up to the hot side of the turbo has a tendency to pop off if you didn't get the clamp over the ring (and its an absolute pain to get on).
I haven't had a chance to check all the clamps yet, I don't have a jack, so I need to borrow my dad's. It did throw a CEL while I was driving yesterday. I used the accessport to look up the code, and it said there was nothing found, so I just cleared it. If it's not the clamps on the tubing, do you think there's any chance it could be the Boomba BOV?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Wouldn't explain the boost in high gear but never hurts to make sure those 3 5mm bolts are snugged up!

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #30
Was finally able to have my mechanic friend tighten all the clamps. There was 1 loose one that actually broke and replaced. Should the boost go back to normal immediately, or will I have to re-tune?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Should go right back. You coukd also run the stock tune for just a test also.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #32
Should go right back. You coukd also run the stock tune for just a test also.

Sent from my SM-G930P
Ugh I still don't think I'm getting the psi I should be. Do you have any data logs you can upload so I can see what you're getting at certain speeds to compare to mine?

What slot are you in on the accessport? Turn your car on an press the can/res button on the cruise control. When you press it, the rpm will jump automatically to an rpm indicating what map you are in. I have a feeling your in a valet or bad gas map.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Its odd but stock tune I have hit a max of 20.84 psi. Stg 1 and 2 19.8 psi. If ur stuck in economy map slot it will max out at about 5 psi.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #37
What slot are you in on the accessport? Turn your car on an press the can/res button on the cruise control. When you press it, the rpm will jump automatically to an rpm indicating what map you are in. I have a feeling your in a valet or bad gas map.
I use cruise control every day on the highway, so maybe maps did switch somehow. I will have to check on my lunch break at work.

I'm using the latest Cobb Stage 3 93 Octane map (2014-2017 FORD FIESTA ST STAGE 3 MAP, 93 OCT/98 RON, V5.03)

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #38
Its odd but stock tune I have hit a max of 20.84 psi. Stg 1 and 2 19.8 psi. If ur stuck in economy map slot it will max out at about 5 psi.

How do you use stock tune and view the gauges? Do you have to use the Stage 0 map from the Cobb site?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yea stg 0 on the ap. When the car is on press the can/res cruise control button for half a second without ever pushing the on button before. Ur tach needle should point to that # map slot your in. Directy after hitting can/res hit the + or - to move to a different slot. I did it on accident once and wonderd where my cars balls went. (Economy tune slot 2) Called my wife to google it but figured it out before she did. To put it back in slot

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #40
Yea stg 0 on the ap. When the car is on press the can/res cruise control button for half a second without ever pushing the on button before. Ur tach needle should point to that # map slot your in. Directy after hitting can/res hit the + or - to move to a different slot. I did it on accident once and wonderd where my cars balls went. (Economy tune slot 2) Called my wife to google it but figured it out before she did. To put it back in slot

Looks like I only have 1 slot on mine and that's what it's set to. So I'm not in the wrong mode. Stock map says 87 octane, I'm using 93...will that screw something up?