Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I know XXR's are cheap, but damn...

I'm about to have to buy a THIRD replacement XXR 527 wheel! These wheels are killing me where I live. A few weeks ago there was some construction up the road from where I live, they dug up a small line all the way across the road and then filled it with sand/gravel. It's 6 in the morning and dark on my way to work and there is no SLOW DOWN sign, only a bump sign. I slow down as much as I can because you can't see until you are right up close that it was bad. This thing literally comes out of nowhere and it's a 45 mph road. So I smash right over this thing as it's basically a giant hole in the road. Cracked 2 of my wheels, car was shaky all the way to work. I called up the city and they said I should have pulled over and took pics, that was my terrible mistake not even thinking to do so because I was just tired and not thinking. So there I was out over 200 bucks to replace the 2 wheels. Of course the next day they put up a SLOW DOWN sign.

Just last night, same damn thing happens on a different road, but this time the hole is worse and it put a hole in my tire and the wheel is definitely bent because air is coming out of the side. This time I was smart and went back in another vehicle and took pics. The city is supposed to be calling me back within a day or 2. I'm scared to drive my car anywhere anymore lol.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That sucks, but I'm glad you're now aware that you can file a claim with the city.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #5
Onlinetires sells them for very cheap. Got 4 for under 300 shipped
Damn I wish I knew that! I've been getting them from NLMotoring cause that was the cheapest I could find. Still waiting to hear back from the city before I order a new one.

OP
mcummings182
Thread Starter #6
Finally got a resolution to this after 3 weeks! So I have Ford tire protection, so I'm getting a new tire for free, but the city doesn't know that. My best friend is a mechanic and wrote up an estimate for 2 tires, 2 STOCK wheels and an alignment with a total of $1300. So I'm about to make $1100 because all I need to do is buy 2 new XXR's for $99 a piece. They're sending me a check in the mail. That'll teach them =P