Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes sir. Only an hour drive from my place in NJ. Shipping was an extra $175 or something absurd.
I am thinking about doing the same when I eventually order my Sparco Terra winter wheels from them (I WISH that they did not refuse to handle Nokian tires, as I would do a package deal if they did [:(]).

Round trip would be ~$30.00 in fuel, plus whatever tolls.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
$175....obsurd...I got My tires from Alabama to Minnesota for $80

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

For anyone running 205/50 on a 16x7 wheel (40mm-42mm offset), have you ever experienced any rubbing on sharp turns or potholes? It appears to be a bit close even on the stock suspension. Thanks for you input :)

I am thinking about doing the same when I eventually order my Sparco Terra winter wheels from them (I WISH that they did not refuse to handle Nokian tires, as I would do a package deal if they did [:(]).

Round trip would be ~$30.00 in fuel, plus whatever tolls.
Honestly for $30 that not too bad. There are a few places to grab lunch nearby if you'd be in the car for awhile. Why do they refuse to handle Nokian tires? I've heard good things about them.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For anyone running 205/50 on a 16x7 wheel (40mm-42mm offset), have you ever experienced any rubbing on sharp turns or potholes? It appears to be a bit close even on the stock suspension. Thanks for you input :)
Never. Driven hard in the twisties and autocrossing.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have done the local pickup from Tire Rack twice now (for summer and winter setups) and the process went super smooth. I live about an hour away and it typically saves me about $50 compared to shipping them to my home plus the 6% sales tax here in PA. I have a local place that mounts and balances tires off the car for $15 /tire so I will probably do it again when I buy my all season set.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Honestly for $30 that not too bad. There are a few places to grab lunch nearby if you'd be in the car for awhile. Why do they refuse to handle Nokian tires? I've heard good things about them.
It could be Nokian's fault, in that they only want their products sold through smaller, independent distributors/retailers, not sure. [dunno]
But then that would be contradicted by them allowing Discount Tire/DTD to sell their Hakkas and such. (Maybe the OTHER winter tire manufacturers all got together and told TR that they could NOT handle both Nokian AND their products??)[???:)]

DTD is not allowed to handle the Sparco wheels at all, since TR has the exclusive on those with OZed, why I just don't get a package deal from them. ;)

LILIKE16ST

For everyone worrying about losing sharpness on 15 inch wheels I mean this is a winter tire setup it isn't going to be all that sharp on any wheel honestly lol. The only reason 15s feel squishy is because people put 195-205 on 6 inch wheels and that is going to happen on any wheel especially with taller sidewalls. Now you stick a 195-205 on an 8 inch wheel it's anything but squishy you basically all but can't tell a difference handling wise on my setup. I'm thinking of running 195 michelin xice on my 15x8 pro race and purchasing the 16x8 dekagram that konig is coming out with in march to use as my summer setup. The xice has a 7.9 section same section as my bfg I have on them now so it shouldn't look any more stretched than they do (which isn't much at all) yes I know tread width is 6.3 or something crazy but section is what determines how stretched a tire looks. I know you loose the sidewall protection doing this but outside of that I don't really see a downside to having a nice looking lightweight setup year round regaurdless of the season.

I would also still have my stock all season to use during any in between times there may or may not be. They have a decent amount of life left having only logged maybe 20k on them total. They have a 500 treadwear rating and based on what I've seen I should expect no less than 40k from them. 20k more miles is quite a bit of in between time driving lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That's great, but (and I'm almost positive that BRGT350, and others who are versed on the topic, will agree with this), you WANT that side wall flex/'squishiness' in a winter wheel/tire setup which is going to be used in actual snow conditions, as it helps promote tread void emptying of slush and snow as the tire moves along the covered surface.

Stiffening up the side wall with a stretched tire, on an 8" wide wheel, helps to NEGATE this process, and helps to defeat the very purpose of a winter setup for all but just cold/DRY conditions. ;)

I had 225/55-16 winter tires on my 16x8 factory wheels on my Z28, and I thought THAT was making the side walls WAY TOO rigid for effective winter SNOW use!

For winter time I've opted for the same measures used in the summertime, that's to say 205/40/17, using Nexen winter tyres, and the results have been good..more than I expected[:D]

ROCKYFiestta

my buddy ran the dws continental on his speed 3 all winter in colorado and he had no problems during the snow storm. but we didnt really have a bad winter last season and snow never really accumulates much down here so i thought they where a great choice but i most likely will get the blizzaks as well it is a true snow tire anybody got them on their stock wheels?

Business6

my buddy ran the dws continental on his speed 3 all winter in colorado and he had no problems during the snow storm. but we didnt really have a bad winter last season and snow never really accumulates much down here so i thought they where a great choice but i most likely will get the blizzaks as well it is a true snow tire anybody got them on their stock wheels?
I ran them last year and thought they were excellent despite the lack of snow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ran them last year and thought they were excellent despite the lack of snow.
They (the Conti DWS series) are probably the most snow-oriented/capable tire out there actually labeled as an 'all season', save for the Nokian WRG3s/4s (and those are actually labeled as an 'all weather' tire). [wink]

ROCKYFiestta

i have to buy some this fall but i am definitely torn btween the dws which i know work good and then there is the blizzaks anybody else run the blizzaks in deep snow?

i have to buy some this fall but i am definitely torn btween the dws which i know work good and then there is the blizzaks anybody else run the blizzaks in deep snow?
If you plan to use these just for snow/winter, I would get Blizzaks. But if you plan to use these during the fall or spring (cold and rain), I would get the DWS06.

If I go with the 15" steelies and a 60 aspect route, can I expect this car's handling/steering to remain reasonably balanced?