Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New turbo-back exhaust!!!

UPDATE: I contacted the seller and confirmed that the exhaust is Stainless Steel (he also said it was mirror polished) and is 2.5" piping. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on this tonight. I live in Indy and this is coming from the West Coast and I'm having standard shipping so it probably won't arrive until late next week if I had to guess. I'll be sure to write a review and post a video for you guys.
Let us know if a magnet sticks to it or not; sticks - 4 series, doesn't stick - 3 series (better).

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #65
So I got this exhaust before the sale ended (I ended up paying $345 shipped) and now the price is up to around $550 shipped. I think if all goes well, and there is alot of interest, I could attempt to broker a group buy so everyone can get a deal like I did. Assuming all goes well....

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #67
UPDATE: I just received the exhaust at work. Haven't had time to completely open but wanted to post how well it was shipped and protected.

more to come soon...

(SIDE NOTE: the "cat-looking thing) on the downpipe is in fact a small resonator)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, have high hopes for this. I also like the quieter tones of the 2.5" systems (cobb, fswerks, mountune) and hope this one turns out the same.

If the catback lines up with and fits your current downpipe, maybe the seller could be convinced to offer the exhaust without the downpipe for those of us that already have one.

Zissou

So we at least know it's a real product. Admittedly I was skeptical. I'm eager to hear about the quality once it's installed.

fwiw I'm running cobb downpipe + MAP catback and love it so this is just curiosity for me.

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #70
So we at least know it's a real product. Admittedly I was skeptical. I'm eager to hear about the quality once it's installed.

fwiw I'm running cobb downpipe + MAP catback and love it so this is just curiosity for me.
I have the real thing in my hands and I'm still skeptical. But more and more this thing is starting to deem itself "worth it". The welds are great, no imperfections, beautiful slash cut/double wall tips. The sound is my biggest question mark. Now, mine won't sound exactly like someone else who installs the whole thing because the dp is resonated and mine is just a catless on my car and I'm not gonna change it unless i have to.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I have the real thing in my hands and I'm still skeptical. But more and more this thing is starting to deem itself "worth it". The welds are great, no imperfections, beautiful slash cut/double wall tips. The sound is my biggest question mark. Now, mine won't sound exactly like someone else who installs the whole thing because the dp is resonated and mine is just a catless on my car and I'm not gonna change it unless i have to.
Awesome to hear. Hoping it proves to be good. If so, for $345 you have done very well! Looking forward to results. Make sure you tell us about fitment, drone Y or N, sound quality, and provide some sound clips.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I recently installed a plm downpipe and cp-e exhaust so im also hear out of curiosity lol. I hope it sounds awesome and can save some fisters some cash.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #73
Awesome to hear. Hoping it proves to be good. If so, for $345 you have done very well! Looking forward to results. Make sure you tell us about fitment, drone Y or N, sound quality, and provide some sound clips.
I promise to give an honest review with many pics and videos. I'm also very curious about the drone (i hate drone) but in fairness I think the dp provided is there to help it I imagine, since it has a resonator (albeit a small one).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Being that it is flanged, as long as the junctions fit/line up properly under the car without contacting anything (and the sound is to your liking), that system should be just fine. [:)]

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #75
Ok guys, I had a very long and rough night last night, worked this morning and after work installed the exhaust (so this is about as much energy as I can expend right now). I plan to do a much lengthier review with lots of pictures and videos but I wanted to post this teaser video and share a couple thoughts about the system. I'm soooo surprised. This may be a game changer for some of those out there. No drone, very mild around town but wakes up quickly on boost. Sounds great at idle (watch video with headphones). Unfortunately, you have to run thier dp with this system. Wouldn't bolt up to mine. I love the sound, a lot. My brother (who owns a '14 FiST and many other performance cars throughout the years) said it sounds really good going down the road. I promise to follow this up in more detail very soon. I just ran out of time and I'm exhausted and it's still below 0 degrees out there so I can't do the videos I want (I'M DYING TO WASH MY CAR!!!) more later...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wINIKnzd53Q[/video]

Ok guys, I had a very long and rough night last night, worked this morning and after work installed the exhaust (so this is about as much energy as I can expend right now). I plan to do a much lengthier review with lots of pictures and videos but I wanted to post this teaser video and share a couple thoughts about the system. I'm soooo surprised. This may be a game changer for some of those out there. No drone, very mild around town but wakes up quickly on boost. Sounds great at idle (watch video with headphones). Unfortunately, you have to run thier dp with this system. Wouldn't bolt up to mine. I love the sound, a lot. My brother (who owns a '14 FiST and many other performance cars throughout the years) said it sounds really good going down the road. I promise to follow this up in more detail very soon. I just ran out of time and I'm exhausted and it's still below 0 degrees out there so I can't do the videos I want (I'M DYING TO WASH MY CAR!!!) more later...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wINIKnzd53Q[/video]
Watching this very very closely! Thanks for all the updates!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So....stuck with their DP....hmmm....I'll monitor the outcome of this...I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #78
Did you get a chance to watch the video? I know it's kind of a bummer running their dp but I'm glad I did just because I think that small resonator that's on their dp helps with the sound and kills the drone. I can't believe I got such a nice system for $345. I'm very happy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you get a chance to watch the video? I know it's kind of a bummer running their dp but I'm glad I did just because I think that small resonator that's on their dp helps with the sound and kills the drone. I can't believe I got such a nice system for $345. I'm very happy.
It's 2.5 Right? I did watch the video...sounds just fine and dandy to me. How was fitment? Any wierd hiccups?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #80
It is 2.5. Fitment was good. It was kinda tough to line up the flanges with the gaskets (needed someone to help me hold things in place while I threw the bolts and gaskets through). But all in all, it wasn't bad. No rubbing or anything like that. I wish the gaskets provided were a little better but I could always upgrade later. With the lift, it made life easier of course and no signs of leaks so far. If I had to guess, this system probably sounds a lot like a fwerks or Cobb system. I'm glad my gamble paid off, I was really worried about the whole thing and I hope it can pave the way for someone who is on a budget and wants a good catless turbo-back system.