Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I don't think in our cars you can run straight e85 because the fuel system cant pump enough of it. The energy content of e is less that gas per volume but the octane is way up there. So it's used to advance timing for more power. Plz somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

felopr

I don't think in our cars you can run straight e85 because the fuel system cant pump enough of it. The energy content of e is less that gas per volume but the octane is way up there. So it's used to advance timing for more power. Plz somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

sounds about right

With a 4 port aux, it's possible. It may require an upgrade of the in tank pump though depending on how far you push

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
With a 4 port aux, it's possible. It may require an upgrade of the in tank pump though depending on how far you push

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Can our fuel systems handle FULL strength E85 (or even the E98 Racing that some stations sell), seals, lines, and materials-wise? [dunno]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just finished install and initial start up . Waiting on base tune . It went fairly easy , the heat shields are a piece of cake with the water lines removed . My downpipe bolts came free no problem thanks to Kroil . The downpipe holes on the X47 were buggered and forgot to run a tap through them till it was on the car , That was the biggest pain .

Can my vote be changed to "installed"? Loving the base x47 so far, it's faster even on the base map. Can't wait to feel the power after the tuning process is done.

AzNightmare

Is the x47 the turbo that makes whistle? I vaguely remember hearing clips of it, but I can't seem to find them anymore.
Does anyone have a clip?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Is the x47 the turbo that makes whistle? I vaguely remember hearing clips of it, but I can't seem to find them anymore.
Does anyone have a clip?
My X47 whistles, I think they all do. It's not that loud unless you have a louder intake.

I have the Whoosh Crossover Pipe and the stock air box with a K & N filter. Its there but nothing too annoying, after a while you don't notice it.

The whistle is pretty audible with the cp-e intake, although WAY better than it was when I still had the 2j installed. The whistle with the 2j was absolutely unbearable, and that's coming from someone with a straight pipe...

jeff

2000 Post Club
The whistle is pretty audible with the cp-e intake, although WAY better than it was when I still had the 2j installed. The whistle with the 2j was absolutely unbearable, and that's coming from someone with a straight pipe...
I temporarily covered my CPE bottom pipe just to see the difference and it muted the sound considerably. I’m in the process of swapping out my intake for a different setup, I believe it will get even quieter. I love my CPE but it’s time for a change.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I temporarily covered my CPE bottom pipe just to see the difference and it muted the sound considerably. I’m in the process of swapping out my intake for a different setup, I believe it will get even quieter. I love my CPE but it’s time for a change.
PM me if you wanna sell the CPE locally

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey guys,

I've recently become a pumaspeed US vendor as of this week, for anyone who's having trouble sourcing them. Stratified currently has a few in stock as well. If anyone wants pricing on an x47r please PM me.

Also my car is hitting the dyno tomorrow. I made sure to use a mustang dyno to properly load the car while tuning and Alex @Stratified will be tuning it. I just topped off the nitrous bottle today.

Hey guys,

I've recently become a pumaspeed US vendor as of this week, for anyone who's having trouble sourcing them. Stratified currently has a few in stock as well. If anyone wants pricing on an x47r please PM me.

Also my car is hitting the dyno tomorrow. I made sure to use a mustang dyno to properly load the car while tuning and Alex @Stratified will be tuning it. I just topped off the nitrous bottle today.
Looking forward to the results man. -Tate from EAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey boys... picked up an X-47 with a Turbosmart plumb back and Mountune wastegate today, should have it next week. Any must do tips or tricks to installing this? I have an AP, a 2J catless DP and a Mountune IC already. Green filter in the stock intake.

I think I should be ok but the Mountune may need to be upgraded, not sure yet. Thinking of going with Adam at Tune+ for tuning. :)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Does anyone have a clip?
Yes it's a very faint whistle. I have the cobb intake system and I can barley hear it.
FYI update on this topic...

I swapped my CPE out today for an acme induction setup with panel filter and big mouth. Not sure yet how it affected performance - I need to drive it for a week. I did log before and after and timing, spool and boost is all nearly identical.

What I did notice is that whistle is barely even heard now, you really have to listen to even hear it. Which was my goal.

[thumb]