Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Hypergram

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks. I've been reading up on many wheel options a good bit in the last few weeks and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on these. I love the look on our car and the weight savings is insane. I've never purchased aftermarket wheels before, I've always stuck with OEM upgrades, so this is my first time. So a few questions for the experts...

1. FIT
I'm pretty sure these will fit nicely with my Federal 595 RS-R in 215/40/R17 tires, and I'm lowered on Mountune springs. Please confirm if you know. Specs are:
HG8710840G, 17×8, 4X108, 40, MATTE GREY, 73.1, FLOW FORMED, 16.3 lbs

2. PERFORMANCE
Again being new to true lightweight wheels, help me understand if it is a true performance increase or merely placebo.

3. OTHER STUFF NEEDED
From what I understand I need (a) hubcentric rings and (b) better lug nuts, and other than that this is a plug and play option which is what I want. Please confirm and point me to the correct size rings/nuts.

4. PICS
If anyone has 17" hypergrams on a black ST I'd love to see how they look, I didn't see that exact size on this thread after reading through it.

5. DEALER
I've read that a few places have these available but the ones I've checked are sold out. If you know of a place to get these please share. I'm interested in 17x8, 4x108, GREY, plug and play.

6. FOR SALE USED?
If perchance you are reading this and are interested in selling yours/upgrading/parting out, I'm up for a used set so holler at me if that's the case.

Thanks in advance.

Here is how they look on a black ST at stock ride height

I bought this hub centric rings and they fit perfect:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Aluminum-Hub-Centric-Rings-63-4mm-73-1mm-63-4-73-/151974323150?hash=item23626023ce

205/40/17 Indy 500's are pretty stretched. I will be getting 215's next for sure. Not sure about fitment on federals when lowered. They are pretty wide and so are the wheels. At stock ride height with 205's though it's not even close.

Not sure about lugs, mine came with lugs free.

I would say performance upgrade and difference in feel are minor. It is noticeable but not a huge difference. Bumps and pot holes seem a bit more forgiving.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yeah. Ive been reading so much about wheel size and tire options for this car that my head hurts when I think about it
That's where I'm at right now. It's all becoming a blur. Trying to choose between the Hypergrams and Rota Titans. Leaning toward the Hypergrams because they're different from the Titan look which is very common plus they're lighter plus I like the grey.

pictures as requested...
Hey all, I just ordered a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 40 offset...
I just got the Hypergrams with 215/40/17 Yokohamas. Like 'em so far. Nice and light and flush with the fender. Not too much stretch from the 215's either.
Here is how they look on a black ST at stock ride height...
Thanks all you guys so much for the info and pics. Could you find or snap a few more angles and etc. and post? I searched this thread and the other Hypergram thread as well as google but there just aren't that many decent pictures of these on a Fiesta. Too many is not too many. Trying to feel right about this purchase, just need more pics. I'm Tuxedo black planning on 17" grey Hypergrams but any size/color will be helpful.

Thanks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice choice! I think the stock Rados are a great looking wheel! Why hasn't anyone done anything with those like powder coat them? Maybe someone has already...could it be me? Well you will all have to wait and see in the next week ill do a post! [thumb]

jeff

2000 Post Club
You did not look cause I just looked and the are still there and working.

And I need a computer to post pictures......so I cant be of much else help
Edit, found them thanks. I was looking at the wrong thread initially. User error.

It is much appreciated.

Hey everyone,

Like many of you, I'm looking at different wheel options for the upcoming spring/summer season.

I stumbled upon the Konig Hypergram: http://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/hypergram/

They actually have a 4x108 bolt pattern, 17x8 with +40 offset. Best part is it only weighs 16.3lbs!

My main concern is fitment and tire size limitations. Has anyone fitted a set of these on their FIST? If so, which tire and what size are you running?
I'm running 205/40/17 R888R

Here's a pic from last year:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiSOKU0Fp7p/

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

jeff

2000 Post Club
Says available soon, I would jump on them and might if I sell off my 15's, BBKs, etc......since no buyer I might put the car closer to stock and keep it:)

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/kng-dk86108405/overview/?cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-konig-wheels
Thanks RICK!

So since I posted a few days ago I've been swayed from the Konigs to Rota Grids. Trying to convince myself not to go 17x8 - I'm concerned that on my 215/40/17 tire they will stick out too much past the tire and get chips etc.

Rick, you seem to know all things wheel and tire - will a 17x8 wheel look bad/stick out on a 215/40/17 tire? They do have 17x7.5 but it's special order and months of waiting, whereas the 17x8 is available now.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
How far they stick out depends on the offset more than wheel width, stay in the +35-42 range and you should be just fine.

The Konig is a much better wheel than the Rota and lighter, going to ride and handle better and I would not go 17, I did that with 17x7 Koinig Feather at 16.8 lbs and 205/45/17 Michelin AS tires, rode like a brick and super loud, my wife nearly hated the car, went down to 15x8 with the NeoGen and a huge improvement in ride and noise. A 16 is a great compromise between style, ride, performance, etc.....

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #137
[MENTION=5117]Bizzareo[/MENTION] I actually picked up a set from Subie Depot last year, thanks again for the tip! They were cheaper than all the local shops in Toronto even after shipping.
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] I was close to ordering the Rota in 17x7.5 until I saw the Konig Hypergram. The weight saving was worth it for me, plus I personally like the style better too.

Here's a few pics of my car, with 215/40R17 Federal 595 Evo mounted, stock suspension.

A few more on my IG
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVaH72yl3PP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXMWNPxFBgO/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How far they stick out depends on the offset more than wheel width, stay in the +35-42 range and you should be just fine.

The Konig is a much better wheel than the Rota and lighter, going to ride and handle better and I would not go 17, I did that with 17x7 Koinig Feather at 16.8 lbs and 205/45/17 Michelin AS tires, rode like a brick and super loud, my wife nearly hated the car, went down to 15x8 with the NeoGen and a huge improvement in ride and noise. A 16 is a great compromise between style, ride, performance, etc.....
I believe that jeff was asking more about what most people on here call "stretch" than an actual increase in 'track' due to offset. [wink]

Jeff, I have the 215/40-17 RS-RRs, which are the same section and tread width as your same size RS-Rs, on Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8.
They are 'square' with the side wall of the federals, and do NOT poke out past, like a 'stancer' at all. :)

jeff

2000 Post Club

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............now I'm swaying back towards the Konigs....this is hard. I have the money saved up, ready to buy......decisions decisions.............

[MENTION=5117]Bizzareo[/MENTION] I actually picked up a set from Subie Depot last year, thanks again for the tip! They were cheaper than all the local shops in Toronto even after shipping.
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] I was close to ordering the Rota in 17x7.5 until I saw the Konig Hypergram. The weight saving was worth it for me, plus I personally like the style better too.

Here's a few pics of my car, with 215/40R17 Federal 595 Evo mounted, stock suspension.

A few more on my IG
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVaH72yl3PP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXMWNPxFBgO/

Thanks man. You sir may be the key to my purchase - a few questions...

1, can you like me to where you purchased?

2, are yours 17x8 or 17x7.5?

3, would you mind posting me a few more pics of the wheel close up from an angle where I can see how far the rim sticks out?

I believe that jeff was asking more about what most people on here call "stretch" than an actual increase in 'track' due to offset. [wink]

Jeff, I have the 215/40-17 RS-RRs, which are the same section and tread width as your same size RS-Rs, on Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8.
They are 'square' with the side wall of the federals, and do NOT poke out past, like a 'stancer' at all. :)
Thanks man. I'm just new to this, are all 17x8 wheels the same on same size tires? My buddy has 17x8 Titans on 215/40/17 and they stick out, I have the exact same tires and don't want my wheel to stick out, no matter what I get, if I get 17x8. If you could post a few similar pics I'd appreciate it, from an angle so I can see how far it protrudes if at all.

You guys are all great thanks.

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #140
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............now I'm swaying back towards the Konigs....this is hard. I have the money saved up, ready to buy......decisions decisions.............

Thanks man. You sir may be the key to my purchase - a few questions...

1, can you like me to where you purchased?

2, are yours 17x8 or 17x7.5?

3, would you mind posting me a few more pics of the wheel close up from an angle where I can see how far the rim sticks out?

Thanks man. I'm just new to this, are all 17x8 wheels the same on same size tires? My buddy has 17x8 Titans on 215/40/17 and they stick out, I have the exact same tires and don't want my wheel to stick out, no matter what I get, if I get 17x8. If you could post a few similar pics I'd appreciate it, from an angle so I can see how far it protrudes if at all.

You guys are all great thanks.
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] keep in mind I am located in Canada, but I ordered them from Subie Depot based out of Ottawa: https://www.subiedepot.ca/exterior/...nig-hypergram-17x8-4x108-et40-matte-grey.html

Mine are 17x8 +40. This is the only size available in 4x108 bolt pattern from Konig.

To me the offset is perfect, it's basically flush with the fenders. I attached a couple more photos below.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by all 17x8 are the same on 215/40R17 tires. The offset of the wheel will dictate how far the wheels stick out. Mine are +40mm offset. If I put on the same wheels, same tires but with +20mm offset for example, they will stick out further by another 20mm.

Hope that makes sense!