Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Appreciate it, Iv'e been wanting to do it for a while just never got around to looking for the hub.
Yeah, everywhere else is $50+, you found the best deal... If you need to update your system, let me know, I have an upgrade file I've been sharing...

Now I have to find where I put all my usb at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright so I'm about to start the process of getting AppleCarPlay already have the hub. Do i need to download the file provided from the OP or download v3 from the myFord website?

Edit: Seems like I don’t have to do none of that, just replaces the hub and CarPlay works

Last edited:

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah, everywhere else is $50+, you found the best deal... If you need to update your system, let me know, I have an upgrade file I've been sharing...
Whats the lastest version you are sharing? Above 3.0?

Bluedrank

Hey guys, what's the deal with getting 2016 cars to update to 3.0+? When it originally came out it was failing due to memory issues. Has anyone figured out how to get that update to 2016 models?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey guys, what's the deal with getting 2016 cars to update to 3.0+? When it originally came out it was failing due to memory issues. Has anyone figured out how to get that update to 2016 models?
I think it takes a 2 part update to avoid problems and I can email you a download link to a package I have that does that, just send me a PM with your email...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Just a note that my '16 wouldn't update and it turned out that it was a bad APIM-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/17803-Couldn-t-Update-Sync-3-APIM-Had-Failed

If you try the files that danbfree helpfully provided and it doesn't work that's a possible cause of update failure to keep in mind. I generally love the car but give Ford an "F" on its update system.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just a note that my '16 wouldn't update and it turned out that it was a bad APIM-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/17803-Couldn-t-Update-Sync-3-APIM-Had-Failed

If you try the files that danbfree helpfully provided and it doesn't work that's a possible cause of update failure to keep in mind. I generally love the car but give Ford an "F" on its update system.
Absolutely... if you still can't update using my package then it's probably a bad APIM, so at least you will know where you stand after trying my update.

tardis101

I think it takes a 2 part update to avoid problems and I can email you a download link to a package I have that does that, just send me a PM with your email...
Would you mind to send it to me also? i can give you my email. I have a 2016 Ford Mustang that I thought was updating automatically. Then realized recently (after seeing someone with a rental car exactly the same as mine with carplay!). I was like wooo wait mine doesn't do that. Looked at my sync 3 version. It still says version 1.0. Tried to install and all I get are the memory error/wrong version. I don't have nav.
thanks
mike

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Would you mind to send it to me also? i can give you my email. I have a 2016 Ford Mustang that I thought was updating automatically. Then realized recently (after seeing someone with a rental car exactly the same as mine with carplay!). I was like wooo wait mine doesn't do that. Looked at my sync 3 version. It still says version 1.0. Tried to install and all I get are the memory error/wrong version. I don't have nav.
thanks
mike
Email sent... should obviously work for any Ford with Sync 3