Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

Annnnd it’s loose cause of the nut and I can’t get any of my tools nor my hands behind to get a grip. Highly tempted to just say fuck it and leave it as it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t make any sense. Will be interesting if any FiST Engineer told us how might work.
That's pretty interesting because installing my Yakima Showcase noticably decreased my gas mileage when travling 80 on the freeway. Compared to the slim case I saw above, it has much more frontal area which plays a role.

Removing the box or driving closer to 70 helps return the gas mileage to normal.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It's all about aero drag. Hatchbacks have some of the worst aero of any vehicle, in terms of lift. They are notorious for excessive and even dangerous amounts of rear lift. The early New Beetle and Audi TT were famous for losing control on the autobahn because of excessive aero lift. The fix was a rear spoiler as standard. It creates drag which reduces lift. The same applies to the Fiesta hatchback. Egg shaped cars have tremendous aero lift so they add the rear spoiler to help counter it. Instead of reducing net lift by increasing downforce, they simply create drag and achieve the same result.

Back to the mysterious case of cars increasing mpg when adding a rooftop cargo box: anything that cleans up the aero profile over the vehicle will reduce drag and increase efficiency. Cargo box designers put great effort into designing their products as slippery as possible. By accelerating the air going under the box, it pulls air away from the rear spoiler/hatch and effectively reduces overall drag. It is definitely an exception, but it does happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Before I left for work waiting for my del taco order.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Annnnd it’s loose cause of the nut and I can’t get any of my tools nor my hands behind to get a grip. Highly tempted to just say fuck it and leave it as it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes...the blind nut and bolt on the velossatech snorkel...I remember this...took me forever to get it...but then again I have small hands and they smell like cabbage!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
is that a ZL1? Very nice taste! I've been trying to find a ZL1 1LE in white but I think they may be even more rare than a ZL1 in krypton green! Awesome color.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We may have discussed this in the (recent) past, but I cannot find the thread.

But, HELL YEAH, that is an INSANE combo of rides to have, and choose from depending upon one's 'mood'! [crazyeye] [driving] [twothumb]

is that a ZL1? Very nice taste! I've been trying to find a ZL1 1LE in white but I think they may be even more rare than a ZL1 in krypton green! Awesome color.
Thanks! Yes it is a 2017. I did some homework and found production build numbers for all Camaros that were painted in Krypton Green. There were a total of 936 with 125 of those being a ZL1 [hihi]

We may have discussed this in the (recent) past, but I cannot find the thread.

But, HELL YEAH, that is an INSANE combo of rides to have, and choose from depending upon one's 'mood'! [crazyeye] [driving] [twothumb]
I do remember that - thanks again! [thumb] They are both equally satisfying to drive IMO. I just hit 10k miles in my Fiesta and am nearing 5k in the Camaro. Some days I prefer driving the Fiesta, other days the Camaro, and like you mentioned, it's usually based on my mood. For everyday driving, I use my Corolla as it is the cheapest to run and maintain.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thanks! Yes it is a 2017. I did some homework and found production build numbers for all Camaros that were painted in Krypton Green. There were a total of 936 with 125 of those being a ZL1 [hihi]
That's awesome. If you hang onto it I'm sure it will be worth a pretty penny due to the rarity of that combo. My Vette that I was thinking of trading for a ZL1 1LE is a 2012 Z06 Centennial/Z07/Carbon. From what I can tell there were only 12 made in that combo. They didn't sell well because they cost as much as a ZR1. I think it will be a collector's car too but idk if I can wait 40 years lol. I just wanna go fast!

That's awesome. If you hang onto it I'm sure it will be worth a pretty penny due to the rarity of that combo. My Vette that I was thinking of trading for a ZL1 1LE is a 2012 Z06 Centennial/Z07/Carbon. From what I can tell there were only 12 made in that combo. They didn't sell well because they cost as much as a ZR1. I think it will be a collector's car too but idk if I can wait 40 years lol. I just wanna go fast!

Wow that sounds like an extremely rare Corvette! I am really not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes. The ZL1 1LE should be faster but you might never even be able to distinguish the difference depending on your driving style. I have been lusting after a new Z06 but I told myself no more car loans as I have all 3 of mine paid off. When I look at it from that point of view, I'm pretty happy with the ZL1 [cool]. I do want to keep it for a long time, especially after seeing what Chevy did to the 2019 model [B)]