Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Looks kinda like a mbrp copy. I mean at least it has decent bends. Depending on where you live aluminumized would be ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I did notice another system that had very nice tips and the whole thing was polished for a lil bit more. Same basic design.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust on ebay? With the 15% off coupon today, I could get a new exhaust shipped for $210. Seems like that's got to be about the cheapest exhaust you can get.

EDIT: I found another one priced around $240 shipped, so with the coupon around $206. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Stainless-Steel-Dual-3-Exit-Catback-Exhaust-System-Kit/362411354572?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Stainless-Steel-Dual-3-Exit-Catback-Exhaust-System-Kit/362411354572?

Here is the same on from a different store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-14-18-Ford-Fiesta-ST-1-6L-Turbo-Stainless-Dual-3-OD-Catback-Exhaust-System/401588185072?

FOR 14-18 FORD FIESTA ST STAINLESS STEEL DUAL 3"EXIT CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM KIT
DESCRIPTION

Upgrading vehicle's exhaust system is a great way to build horsepower, free up trapped torque, and improve upon restrictive factory systems. The larger pipes, low-restriction mufflers, and tuned resonators of a well-designed performance exhaust system can make a world of difference on your vehicle. The net result is lower auto exhaust backpressure, more horsepower, more torque, and a much better sound.

INCLUDE:

1 X Catback Exhaust System
Hardware as Shown in the Picture Above

FEATURES:

Catback Exhaust:

Made of High Quality Aluminized Steel with Computerized Mandrel-Bends for Strength and Durability
TIG welded CNC Machine Flange for Resistance Against Pressure and Corrosion
3" OD Inlet / 3" OD Main Piping
Perforated Core Mufflers
Slip On Piping Design for Easy Installation and Adjustability
Aggressive Deep and Smooth Tone Sound while Ensures Smooth Exhaust Gas Flow
Increase Engine Output and Efficiency
Dyno Proven to Instantly Increases 15 to 25 Horsepower or Low End Torque
Install your own Muffler Tips for Enchance Look or Go Without for that Sleeper Look

NOTES:

Compatible with:

14-18 Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbo

100% Brand New
Professional Installation is Highly Recommended
Installation Instruction is NOT Included
Meh, just straight piped, I dunno, it's gonna be loud! I still like the Tsudo at $360 shipped and it's stainless with res and muffler... But thanks for letting us know it's a 15% off day on eBay, makes that $198 Mishimoto clone IC super tempting! Edit: Code doesn't work on the intercooler. :(

danbfree

3000 Post Club
See if that 15% will work on any of the Vibrant mufflers or resonators [MENTION=9500]danbfree[/MENTION] ;)
I'm seeing an 18" Vibrant around $75, but thinking that a cheap glasspack for either the resonator or muffler will add some sound until I can get a Tsudo, so it would be temporary.

anticon

I didn't bite, but I'm watching it now. I picked up a RamAir induction hose instead for $45. I was looking at the gfb dv+ too but I think I want to get that from someone I trust, due to the potential for fakes out there.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I didn't bite, but I'm watching it now. I picked up a RamAir induction hose instead for $45. I was looking at the gfb dv+ too but I think I want to get that from someone I trust, due to the potential for fakes out there.
Just skip those obvious fakes from Malaysia under $100 and take the discount on the real-deal that's $121 before discount...

Edit: So the T9358 for our car is $132.52 before discount and $112.65 after.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It all depends what your tolerance is. The front resonator tames certain frequencies while the muffler handles different ones. It's all based on wave length - shorter mufflers and resonators cancel higher frequencies, longer mufflers and resonators tame lower frequencies. Thats why if you use just a vibrant ultra quiet (amazing little resonator!) as a muffler it kills all the frequencies below a certain point, making it deep and boomy to the point of being painful. Then you'd want something to tame the 105-120hz range, so you get into chambered mufflers, etc. If you were going to use a short bodied muffler, you'd want to use a very long resonator to spread out the frequencies as much as possible. If you want to keep the stock piping, maybe throw a magnaflow or a vibrant straight-through muffler on the back and leave the stock res, drive around until break-in, then decide if you want to pull the resonator too. Just remember, you can buy an exhaust in the 300's, so you'll quickly hit MBRP territory (though the mbrp is pretty boomy in the ~105hz range)
Definitely will go with a Tsudo exhaust if I end up with a turbo upgrade, but now thinking about the cheap Magnaflow mufflers, there is an 18" and 22", and based on the reported stock lengths, maybe a simple replace stock muffler for an 18" MagnaFlow will work for now to give me a bit more sound with the Symposer delete I'm doing Saturday.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ah, yeah, I guess that living in the rust belt has made me extremely prejudiced toward lower-grade metals. You would almost certainly be fine with aluminized steel in the southwest, for instance. I wouldn't expect it to survive more than three Michigan winters on a daily driver.
There is a member on here who is having a hanger rust out/separation problem on his system, and he lives in PHOENIX, so yeah, at this point I do not trust anything which is NOT at least a 304 austenitic system, if not an even higher grade of stainless. [wink]

redmoe

I am not sure if I am the guy you are referring to but my “custom” exhaust with a magnaflow muffler developed a pin hole leak in one of the welds at less than 7k miles and 8 months. I have a video of it on my channel.

This is not the first time I have had one of these exhaust shop systems do this. I have seen this with different shops and different vehicles. If you find a shop that welds stainless using stainless wire you are better off or just get a purpose built stainless system.

I just installed the Thermal R&D system and it is well worth the money in my opinion. Here’s a video:

https://youtu.be/Qf-fZT_nJ2U

Note the part showing the crappy tube bending method on the exhaust shop system.

I am not sure if I am the guy you are referring to but my “custom” exhaust with a magnaflow muffler developed a pin hole leak in one of the welds at less than 7k miles and 8 months. I have a video of it on my channel.

This is not the first time I have had one of these exhaust shop systems do this. I have seen this with different shops and different vehicles. If you find a shop that welds stainless using stainless wire you are better off or just get a purpose built stainless system.

I just installed the Thermal R&D system and it is well worth the money in my opinion. Here’s a video:

https://youtu.be/Qf-fZT_nJ2U

Note the part showing the crappy tube bending method on the exhaust shop system.
This video has come at the most perfect time. I picked up my thermal exhaust last weekend and will be installing it on Sunday. Can’t wait to watch this video full through and hear that exhaust.

Overall how do you like it in regards to drone (if any) and overall sound cruising and WOT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmoe

It has a great tone. There is a constant sound especially around 2700 but it’s not annoying like your typical drone.

XanRules

I'm seeing an 18" Vibrant around $75, but thinking that a cheap glasspack for either the resonator or muffler will add some sound until I can get a Tsudo, so it would be temporary.
Good on ya. I couldn't resist and picked up an UQ resonator for $68 shipped. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do for a muffler yet, might also do a Vibrant.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Good on ya. I couldn't resist and picked up an UQ resonator for $68 shipped. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do for a muffler yet, might also do a Vibrant.
Can't go wrong with that, I think what I'm going to do is simply use the glass pack instead of a straight muffler delete and leave stock resonator in place, for now... might end up doing a resonator swap later.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

XanRules

Can't go wrong with that, I think what I'm going to do is simply use the glass pack instead of a straight muffler delete and leave stock resonator in place, for now... might end up doing a resonator swap later.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm gonna pop the resonator on and see how I feel. Exhaust shops around here are fuckin' expensive, I think the cheapest I've been quoted in labor for the resonator swap is $80 (+ parts).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I'm gonna pop the resonator on and see how I feel. Exhaust shops around here are fuckin' expensive, I think the cheapest I've been quoted in labor for the resonator swap is $80 (+ parts).
Oh damn, that's ridiculous, I'll have to call around and see what the shops over here on the west side can do for a simple muffler swap.

XanRules

Oh damn, that's ridiculous, I'll have to call around and see what the shops over here on the west side can do for a simple muffler swap.
Yeah, I mean, they're all places with really good reviews on Google/Yelp/etc which is usually how I'll pick a shop without getting personal recommendations, and one is a couple blocks from work, but boy that seems like a lot.

Keep me posted on what you find for a cheapass like me!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ouch. The shop I use for the FiST charged me $40 for a resonator delete. Then it wasn't loud enough so I went back and paid $200 for them to install a Magnaflow muffler with dual stainless tips. (That price included the Magnaflow.) Just last week I had them swap over a new exhaust tip that I brought them and they charged me $25.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I mean, they're all places with really good reviews on Google/Yelp/etc which is usually how I'll pick a shop without getting personal recommendations, and one is a couple blocks from work, but boy that seems like a lot.

Keep me posted on what you find for a cheapass like me!
I'm Captain Cheap-Ass, for just a muffler swap I'll go to the cheapest place I can find, don't care about the reviews... I just go in and be nice to them and they usually take good care of me. :)