Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I usually do it myself....been thinking of bringing it in during the winter....but....then again I just don't trust those high school lube tech schmucks. Well at least I have a propane garage heater....[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I have heard stories of techs saving the good oil ppl bring in for themselves and using the regular stuff on the customers cars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have heard stories of techs saving the good oil ppl bring in for themselves and using the regular stuff on the customers cars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I make those slippery fuc$s give me the bottle back and usually watch them do it....I knew a few guys like that.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got 6 gallon 5qt jugs for $52.85...how is Quaker state cheaper? That's like oil for years.....to each their own I guess....but I did put in those Maxgtr LEDs as fogs...they are nice and definitely brighter than the Xenondepot fog lights....good call on those!
]
I made sure to mention the Mobil 1 was a great deal first, should have been more clear, sorry... Also, totally agree that even SuperTech full synthetic is fine for 5k intervals, it IS SN Plus rated actually, but for only $4 more my "go-to" deal is the QS for $20 as it's rated THAT much higher... but seriously, awesome deal on the M1, I should have been more clear I was just offering an every day deal for those looking...

So yeah, I also am using the MaxGTRS as fog bulbs, they don't blind upward like my oEdRo did, so the oEdro are back in as headlights for now and my TechMax arrive literally any minute!

As far as this thread, I installed my new $27 Chinese shift knob, some brand called "Savatini" that even sells a BOV too.. Actually nice German material quality! Update with a pic soon.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think most would agree that “calls for” would mean what the dealer would put in it or what the manufacturer recommends. I also dare say that if you change at 5k miles, you can’t tell and won’t tell the difference btw the motorcraft and super tech synthetic and their respective filters. I used the Pennz and STP combo because it was on sale. It was hard to pass it up when it was $35.99 and a 15 mail in rebate. I use my company card at autozone and collect the points on a rewards card and use that for my purchases.
Yeah, not a bad deal for the Mobil 1, just saying they call for full synthetic just as much as Semi... and yeah, anything under $25 for a solid full synthetic oil change is excellent...

Jerickson88

Yeah, not a bad deal for the Mobil 1, just saying they call for full synthetic just as much as Semi... and yeah, anything under $25 for a solid full synthetic oil change is excellent...
Im considering a blackstone oil analysis. Maybe do a 5k change versus a 7500k and see what the differences are. Maybe.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Im considering a blackstone oil analysis. Maybe do a 5k change versus a 7500k and see what the differences are. Maybe.
Well, from previous users getting tests done, they claim full synthetics can be used 7500-9000. depending the brand, from my limited recall, heh... So yeah, I'd like to do one for the grins some day too.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Tip for those that are Mobil 1 fans (like myself)....
Costco usually has cases (6qt per case) on sale several times a year for $4/quart. I usually buy 2-3 cases when I see the sale happen (we have two cars that use 5W20 synthetic).

FWIW, Blackstone labs has verified my 7500 mile intervals on mobil 1. Oil is still good after 7500 and I could take the intervals longer but I choose not to. Peace of mind I guess.

Jerickson88

Costco usually has cases (6qt per case) on sale several times a year for $4/quart. I usually buy 2-3 cases when I see the sale happen (we have two cars that use 5W20 synthetic).

FWIW, Blackstone labs has verified my 7500 mile intervals on mobil 1. Oil is still good after 7500 and I could take the intervals longer but I choose not to. Peace of mind I guess.
I can do an oil change and rotate tires in about 45 minutes, maybe less. I also guess it depends on how the car was driven for 7500 miles. AutoX or commute?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Good to know & thanks for sharing...maybe I will have to send mine in to get analyzed! [popcorn]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can do an oil change and rotate tires in about 45 minutes, maybe less. I also guess it depends on how the car was driven for 7500 miles. AutoX or commute?
Also whether or not it is short-tripped every day, or driven far enough for the oil to fully heat up and 'burn off' the moisture and diluted fuel (especially with DI setups like ours) in it.

Depending on the locale's year 'round ambient temps, the season also has a bearing on the above.

Jerickson88

Also whether or not it is short-tripped every day, or driven far enough for the oil to fully heat up and 'burn off' the moisture and diluted fuel (especially with DI setups like ours) in it.

Depending on the locale's year 'round ambient temps, the season also has a bearing on the above.
All of that makes sense. Of course I’m in Alabama. My ambient thru winter is 55 [crazyeye]

brbauer2

A little weight savings [emoji17]

Dealer had the clip in stock but I have to wait a couple days for the cap to get shipped in.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

brbauer2

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club