Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8s ARE AVAILABLE!!!

A friend has been waiting on B6s for his FR-S forever. Tire Rack actually shows those back in stock now. Maybe something is actually happening. I’ll be getting some B6s for the FiST if they’re ever available.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #22
AJUSA last told me late January per Bilstein's last update...

Don't hold you're breath tho...

CSM

1000 Post Club
AJUSA last told me late January per Bilstein's last update...

Don't hold you're breath tho...
just in time for tax return season. Hopefully I can snag a set of PSS coilovers by end of Feb. If not I'll move onto another option. seems like the FiST has been getting a sudden surge of new suspension options lately

Wow Bilsteins.....they are the best shock period of any shocks in my opinion. I have tried different shocks on cars, trucks and 4 X 4's over the last 35 years and the Bilsteins are so much superior. They must be great on the FIST.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Trying to figure whats all the hype behind these. I know they're Bilstein but jesus. There are other great options out there.

Unless I'm missing something.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #28
So if anyone even cares anymore...

The latest update, after a year of me placing my order, I received today from AJUSA..."We just heard from Bilstein and they have revised the release date yet again to now mid to late March"...blah blah blah...

I may have to figure out what to do with the front "brand new in the box" ones that have been sitting in the garage for a year now and move on to spending more money on Koni Yellows or some coilovers...grrrrrr! I doubt if I can return them now and who would take them back if they will never be able to sell them without rears to match. Stupid me for believing the rears were soon to be in stock, right!!!

dmb

Yah, I put the left one on Saturday then its been raining for a week and i'm too old to lay in the wet driveway WTF is wrong with these Germans? I'll guess I'll put the rear springs with the stock shocks. I don't even want to give them any more money.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Still trying to figure out the hype on these [???:)]
Not sure about hype, but Bilsteins have valved their shocks/struts as direct replacements specifically for the ST. The other performance option is Koni, but the oranges which a lot of people have put mainly for comfort at a loss of handling performance were specific valved for the regular Fiestas, not the ST. I don't have time for find the posts, but the front Koni yellows were never made specifically for the ST, only the rears were. Koni’s application guide may still reflect that. There was also mention of missing an OE like mount for the front brake line but Koni didn’t want to retool a strut housing specifically for the FiST. There was a guy back in '14 on another forum who help do some R&D with fitting and testing Koni yellows. So one set is not made for the ST and one is incomplete, when Bilsteins have made complete sets specifically for the FiST with options of B4, B6 and B8.

Not sure about hype, but Bilsteins have valved their shocks/struts as direct replacements specifically for the ST. The other performance option is Koni, but the oranges which a lot of people have put mainly for comfort at a loss of handling performance were specific valved for the regular Fiestas, not the ST. I don't have time for find the posts, but the front Koni yellows were never made specifically for the ST, only the rears were. Koni’s application guide may still reflect that. There was also mention of missing an OE like mount for the front brake line but Koni didn’t want to retool a strut housing specifically for the FiST. There was a guy back in '14 on another forum who help do some R&D with fitting and testing Koni yellows. So one set is not made for the ST and one is incomplete, when Bilsteins have made complete sets specifically for the FiST with options of B4, B6 and B8.
I don't understand what you are saying regarding the Koni sport not being a performance product compatible with the Fiesta ST. They are adjustable and are a profound improvement in both handling and ride. I've been trying to get ahold of these B8 dampers just to compare them. But, if they are not available, they don't matter! I had a considerable wait for the Koni sports. They were worth it. Bilstein is really missing the boat. Volume production cars like the fiesta/Mazda 2 provide the necessary profits to allow the creation of more product for the lower volume cars. It's the way things get done and still make money.

koozy

3000 Post Club
You said they were never made specifically for the ST. If an advantage were to have been found for making an ST specific part Lee Grimes and his engineers would have made them, eventually. The rear shocks for the ST were changed because a valid reason was determined.
I said the "front" Koni yellows were not. I believe there is an ABS or line mount missing on the strut housing. Someone with Koni yellows can confirm.

I said the "front" Koni yellows were not. I believe there is an ABS or line mount missing on the strut housing. Someone with Koni yellows can confirm.
I can confirm. I have a set of prototype and a set of production spec. That attachment Iis the only thing that is not ST specific. I don't think that variable is worth creation of a second part number.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I can confirm. I have a set of prototype and a set of production spec. That attachment Iis the only thing that is not ST specific. I don't think that variable is worth creation of a second part number.
From a performance standpoint and because of the ability to adjust them I would agree. That said Koni probably does not list them for the ST due to possible liability. Koni Orange are another matter, I wouldn't put those on personally.

Anyways current direct replacement 'sporty' strut/shocks that are ST specific are slim, which may be a reason some are holding out for Bilsteins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk