Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8s ARE AVAILABLE!!!

I want to try the Bilstein too! They are losing sales by not being in production. The Koni yellows are not in any way a disappointment for me. But, my curiosity is raised.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I promise you Bilstein has plenty of money. They make a insane amount of suspension components for OEM manufacturers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

The timeline for going from nothing to components is usually years, not months....

I promise you Bilstein has plenty of money. They make a insane amount of suspension components for OEM manufacturers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Always, a business case has to be made prior to the creation of the product. They have to formulate a plan and the budget to get the creative wheels turning, Including the projected sales volume.When I contacted Koni in early May 2010, there was no plans for any offering at that point. My 2011 Fiesta was built and in shipment when I emailed Koni. I offered the car and additional (new, o.e. service parts) as they request to allow for an accelerated initial study of fitment and such. Fast forward a year and I had a set of Koni Sport dampers.
I also sent Koni one each of the stock, o.e. front and rear ST dampers when they became available. Koni does a tremendous amount of R&D prior to the release of a product. And that study and design work takes a while and costs a fairly large amount of money. I think the Koni Sports got done in hyperspeed compared to most others!

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #44
So since I am not getting any rears any time soon...

What would you purchase to go with aftermarket (in my case Mountune) springs for a daily driver/spirited driven ST? I don't think I want Koni Orange, so I can only think of Koni Yellows which are much more expensive. Other than that I don't know of any, I mean any, other possible applications. Or just toss everything and spend even more on coilovers, which I don't really need because I am fine with the Mountune springs. Trying to keep things simple, my Miata has coilovers so it's not like I don't know what that world is all about. Thoughts???

dmb

Not sure about hype, but Bilsteins have valved their shocks/struts as direct replacements specifically for the ST. The other performance option is Koni, but the oranges which a lot of people have put mainly for comfort at a loss of handling performance were specific valved for the regular Fiestas, not the ST. I don't have time for find the posts, but the front Koni yellows were never made specifically for the ST, only the rears were. Koni’s application guide may still reflect that. There was also mention of missing an OE like mount for the front brake line but Koni didn’t want to retool a strut housing specifically for the FiST. There was a guy back in '14 on another forum who help do some R&D with fitting and testing Koni yellows. So one set is not made for the ST and one is incomplete, when Bilsteins have made complete sets specifically for the FiST with options of B4, B6 and B8.
that is why I am still waiting, but if Bilstein was a women i'd be long gone

koozy

3000 Post Club
So since I am not getting any rears any time soon...

What would you purchase to go with aftermarket (in my case Mountune) springs for a daily driver/spirited driven ST? I don't think I want Koni Orange, so I can only think of Koni Yellows which are much more expensive. Other than that I don't know of any, I mean any, other possible applications. Or just toss everything and spend even more on coilovers, which I don't really need because I am fine with the Mountune springs. Trying to keep things simple, my Miata has coilovers so it's not like I don't know what that world is all about. Thoughts???
I would try to source and order the rears from overseas if you don't have faith they will arrive stateside soon. The rears don't weigh much compared to the front struts.

I'm not aware of any other performance strut/shock products that are direct, bolt in replacements. I went back to the stock ST coils with the new Koni Sports as the spring rates were not an issue on the FiST I have several sets of H&R and Eibach coils. The Eibach SuperSports being my favorite pick with the Koni yellows on the basic Fiesta.

I'm not aware of any other performance strut/shock products that are direct, bolt in replacements. I went back to the stock ST coils with the new Koni Sports as the spring rates were not an issue on the FiST I have several sets of H&R and Eibach coils. The Eibach SuperSports being my favorite pick with the Koni yellows on the basic Fiesta. While effective, I don't think coilovers are very easy to live with in daily driver situations. The adjusting sleeves can get loaded/crusted up with dirt and cease to be so adjustable. I'm spoiled by the sealed designs! Plus you can get quite a bit of corner weight adjustment by controlling the fuel load, moving the battery to the right rear corner and adding a couple of poly sway bar frame bushes and adjustable end links. Hell of a lot nicer ride and less money. Yet still adjustable.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #50
I would try to source and order the rears from overseas if you don't have faith they will arrive stateside soon. The rears don't weigh much compared to the front struts.
I tried that last summer, asked Pumaspeed. The price they quoted me was double the price here in the US, around $200 each! I also asked about a group buy and they needed at least 10 sets, but that didn't give much of a discount. If you have any other suggestion for overseas suppliers, please post.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I tried that last summer, asked Pumaspeed. The price they quoted me was double the price here in the US, around $200 each! I also asked about a group buy and they needed at least 10 sets, but that didn't give much of a discount. If you have any other suggestion for overseas suppliers, please post.
Sometimes you just got to bite the Bullet and get it done man.....What's another $400+ into many miles of pure unadulterated fun? [driving]

koozy

3000 Post Club
$300 shipped for 2 shocks. I'd send them a message to confirm to make sure they do in fact have them ready to ship.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bilstein-24239349-Reman-Shock-Absorber-Rear/236398320?iid=232944352451&chn=ps

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I bought Whiteline springs thinking I wold toss them on the stock shocks. Then got into the idea of installing an assembled strut rather than dealing with spring compressors and whatnot. So I totally considered going the Koni Yellow route as I do like Koni’s. Have Ground Control street/track coilovers with short stroke Konis on my M3.

Problem is the cost of the Koni’s with the cost of the springs landed me only 200-300 away from ST XA’s and MeisterR ZetaCRD’s.

Oh and yeah there really are’nt any alternative shocks for our car in the performance vein besides Bilstein and Koni.

At which point I started debating and the benifit of the coilover gave me ride height adjustment and camber plates. Big pluses even if you set and forgot your ride height at least you can play with it.

Then I stumbled across a used set of STXA’s year and a half old and got them for a pretty good deal.
So it looks like Whitelines are for sale and my car is getting coilovers. Lol and I told myself I was not going to go down this road , next thing you know I will be sporting a hybrid Turbo.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Pretty sure they are drop shipping them and shocks are not on hand
they are in the UK, not USA. We know that there's nationwide back order in the U.S.

The goal here is to source/order from overseas where they are available.

Sometimes you just got to bite the Bullet and get it done man.....What's another $400+ into many miles of pure unadulterated fun? [driving]
If the original dampers are used up the true cost of a set of Koni Sport dampers is around 100 bucks more than Motorcraft replacements. I didn't factor in any possible rebates or if your uncle owns a Ford dealership. So, it's not hundreds of dollars difference. It's more like three high quality synthetic oil changes difference. I think any of us who really like our Fiesta's would agree that a huge handling improvement for around one Benjamin just ain't shit when you get right down it.

So if anyone even cares anymore...

The latest update, after a year of me placing my order, I received today from AJUSA..."We just heard from Bilstein and they have revised the release date yet again to now mid to late March"...blah blah blah...

I may have to figure out what to do with the front "brand new in the box" ones that have been sitting in the garage for a year now and move on to spending more money on Koni Yellows or some coilovers...grrrrrr! I doubt if I can return them now and who would take them back if they will never be able to sell them without rears to match. Stupid me for believing the rears were soon to be in stock, right!!!
Yeah I received the same stupid email today.

FWIW, I've been running the B8 struts with the stock rear shocks since the summer, the car behaves fine. Ultimately, they're shocks/struts and will need to be replaced again anyways. If I still have the car when the time comes, I'll most likely go with a different brand.

It's pretty sad that in the day of globalization, Bilstein is so unorganized that they can't redirect some inventory to the US. Obviously that's assuming the manufacturing specs are the same. Unfortunately, I've gone through this with them before. I had forgotten how frustrating it was...It's all coming back to me now.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #59
Still waiting for reply, probably won't be until early next week since it's the weekend and they are ahead of our time.

But...one thing I saw on the email I received when Ebay asked if I wanted a copy; near the bottom it shows the price, then buy it now, then Shipping: No international shipping. WHAT! Will wait for email reply to see what they say.

I also saw a supplier in Germany that showed $125 shipping and B8s were around $105 each. Might be my next try...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still waiting for reply, probably won't be until early next week since it's the weekend and they are ahead of our time.

But...one thing I saw on the email I received when Ebay asked if I wanted a copy; near the bottom it shows the price, then buy it now, then Shipping: No international shipping. WHAT! Will wait for email reply to see what they say.

I also saw a supplier in Germany that showed $125 shipping and B8s were around $105 each. Might be my next try...
That shipping is a RIP off

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk