Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cant lock up rears with e-brake?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I was driving/hooning around in the rain last night on some empty streets when I tried to do a sliding turn with the e-brake, but it seemed like the rears didnt really lock up?

I tried to do a 180*, and again the rears would not lock... The brake seems to hold when I park.

What am i missing?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

The parking brake only uses one calliper, and isn’t hydraulically actuated.

Not the best set up for drifting the rear on tarmac. Works well enough on snow and gravel though! Probably would work on wet concrete though... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Well that sucks.

My old 5.0 mustangs and Civics had rear drums that really locked up when i wanted to have some fun.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
At the ST Octane Academy the cars have an additional hydraulic caliper on the rears for the fun times. Big ole aluminum handle to yank on too. The stock system can't even get close (and with the locking function, kinda dangerous too)

Focus Version
Happy Handle.jpeg

cxwrench

I was driving/hooning around in the rain last night on some empty streets when I tried to do a sliding turn with the e-brake, but it seemed like the rears didnt really lock up?

I tried to do a 180*, and again the rears would not lock... The brake seems to hold when I park.

What am i missing?

It's a parking brake, not a lock the rears up while rallying brake. It's just supposed to keep the car from moving when parked, not lock up both wheels while trying to slide the rear.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
It's a parking brake, not a lock the rears up while rallying brake. It's just supposed to keep the car from moving when parked, not lock up both wheels while trying to slide the rear.
True.

Where did the whole "emergency brake" thing come from?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
It works on dirt I can attest to that. Used to slide the back end around the end of the guard rail when leaving work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

True.

Where did the whole "emergency brake" thing come from?

In the early days of the automobile, cars would pop out of gear while on hills. The emergency brake was to keep cars stationary when parked.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
at the st octane academy the cars have an additional hydraulic caliper on the rears for the fun times. Big ole aluminum handle to yank on too. The stock system can't even get close (and with the locking function, kinda dangerous too)

focus version
View attachment 19460
where do i buy this

RON!

Yeah I know I can't get it to hold the car while doing burnouts, even with yanking it as far as I can get it to go, not sure if it needs adjusted or what, another guy in our local club can get his to lock enough to do burnouts...

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If someone pieced together a bolt on kit with the additional calipers and the mounting brackets, and it was less than $1k, I would buy this - LOL
I'd be a buyer at $500 ish

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You probably just gave the bean counters a new idea... a new way to skimp. [rant]
When Ford reintroduces car sales back in the states 2025, they'll feature this for sure now. [giggle]
Heh.. With push button engagement.

Still......D’oh!

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni