Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Cat Back Exhaust Review

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #43
12 day/1000km follow up.

Hey guys. Just wanted to do a quick follow up.

I've now driven just over 1000km with the car since installing the exhaust. Now it's had a chance to get seated and get all that shiney new metal inside the tubing devirginized etc.

To me the sound remains the same, no real changes. If anything I find even quieter at idle/cruising than before, but that's likely me just being used to it now. Hard to say. But she sounds like a beauty under load and driving spiritedly. Still loving the MAP sound. No regrets!

Threw it up on a lift today to recheck everything and do a quick exhaust leak check. Lots of skepticism was present with these fancy MAP label sleeve joints, but all mechanics present agreed there was absolutely zero leaking going on. All th3 sleeve bolts were still nice and tight as well. One of the body shop welders came to check out my supposed "robotic looking human welds" and admitted that even the "worst" weld on there he could find was better than his best so. Lol

Also, it hasn't moved a millimeter. Still exactly positioned evenly in the bumper hole for it and I've experienced no sounds in regards to banging or moving around at all no matter the road or driving conditions. I also like how it is just that tiny bit out farther than the stock tips, so I have no black soot accumulating on the bumper like I had with the stocker.

So overall still loving it! :)

[MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] did the two position nuts come installed on your last hanger when you got the exhaust? Or is that something you and your buddies did at the exhaust shop? I ended up using some big zip ties :-X to keep the hanger from sliding.

maperformance

[MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] did the two position nuts come installed on your last hanger when you got the exhaust? Or is that something you and your buddies did at the exhaust shop? I ended up using some big zip ties :-X to keep the hanger from sliding.
From another post:

I forgot to mention on [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] post. The set screw was a one time thing, there is now a bend on that hanger to keep it in place. The company we got the set screw clamps from were on backorder until end of October which isn't acceptable. We tried using some 3/8's ones form McMasterCarr and they wouldn't fit, so we changed the jig to do a bend on that hanger instead of the clamp.

Apologize for the confusion.

I just listened to your video on my headphones after I was running tonight and OMG that sounds soooo good. The welds on the exhaust are like art. Whoever does them on your team deserves some major kudos. Beautiful. If you are looking to sponsor a spirit blue fiesta I'm all in lol [emoji38]

And I've just shown my wife the video... Think I know what I'm going to beg for for Christmas/birthday this year

maperformance

I just listened to your video on my headphones after I was running tonight and OMG that sounds soooo good. The welds on the exhaust are like art. Whoever does them on your team deserves some major kudos. Beautiful. If you are looking to sponsor a spirit blue fiesta I'm all in lol [emoji38]
I'll pass along the compliment! As far as sponsorship, we haven't really put any thought into it, but if there are more parts you need, I can hook you up :)

MPA

I have 2,700 mile on my MAP CBE, love the sound of it. Occasionally get some popping on decel, which is nice..

Here's mine. 2,500-3,500 rpm drone/resonance inside the car. PMd you about it but you didn't respond. Too much noise for me so I sold the catback:

[video=youtube;c51gwooPCno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c51gwooPCno[/video]

maperformance

Here's mine. 2,500-3,500 rpm drone/resonance inside the car. PMd you about it but you didn't respond. Too much noise for me so I sold the catback:
I apologize greatly for any delays or miscommunication. I sincerely have no intention of ever not responding to any issues or questions. Honest mistake in the noise of flurrying PM's. I apologize also for your experience with our catback exhaust. We have had wonderful reviews and results from many people and applications and I hope to find some reasoning to the droning you had. If you ever need anything or if there are any offer I may be able to offer to better assist you in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Adam

I apologize greatly for any delays or miscommunication. I sincerely have no intention of ever not responding to any issues or questions. Honest mistake in the noise of flurrying PM's. I apologize also for your experience with our catback exhaust. We have had wonderful reviews and results from many people and applications and I hope to find some reasoning to the droning you had. If you ever need anything or if there are any offer I may be able to offer to better assist you in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards
Adam
Adam,

I have no doubt you didn't respond cause you were busy. I completely understand. I purchased the exhaust due to all the great reviews and results. Alas, I did have the droning and several times all connections were checked for leaks (using soapy water) and made sure there was no rubbing on anything. I just figured it was how the exhaust was and I couldn't keep it on any longer (for my eardrums sanity). It has new home with someone else and hope he didn't experience the same thing I did.

maperformance

Adam,

I have no doubt you didn't respond cause you were busy. I completely understand. I purchased the exhaust due to all the great reviews and results. Alas, I did have the droning and several times all connections were checked for leaks (using soapy water) and made sure there was no rubbing on anything. I just figured it was how the exhaust was and I couldn't keep it on any longer (for my eardrums sanity). It has new home with someone else and hope he didn't experience the same thing I did.
I greatly appreciate your understanding, and I also appreciate your work towards diagnosing the cause and symptoms on your own time in great lengths and that shows faith in our products and other's words on it. I know exhaust is a very relative topic and many have a wide array of tastes and I have no doubt that our exhaust may not be right for you, but then again, it can't possibly be for everybody. Like I said, let me know anytime if there is anything else I can help you with!

Regards
Adam

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #60
Still loving mine. I don't experience any drone as mentioned above now with over 5000km (not to mention a dirty Canadian winter) on my MAP CBE. I drive alot of highway and never have issues. It burbles and pops nicely downshifting into second or coming off the gas. Love hearing the echo of it burbling off the walls when driving downtown in low gear. I checked it out this week under the car while doing my oil and it hasn't moved at all and no leaks. Clamps still doing their job and the welds still looking sexy. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can pop the sunroof and windows down so I can hear it purr better!