Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rota Titan?

Here we are in direct blazing sunlight:

Not entirely sure how I feel about the color. I think the wheel style/design is great for the car. Weight is great. Maybe a little too blingy and not enough contrast with the Magnetic. Definitely wayyyy too little tire. The stock tire is crazy stretched. Looking forward to getting some beefier tires. The car is not low enough for this fitment I feel. I'll likely go with the BC coilovers down the road. I guess I should've just bit the bullet to begin with.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Here we are in direct blazing sunlight:

Not entirely sure how I feel about the color. I think the wheel style/design is great for the car. Weight is great. Maybe a little too blingy and not enough contrast with the Magnetic. Definitely wayyyy too little tire. The stock tire is crazy stretched. Looking forward to getting some beefier tires. The car is not low enough for this fitment I feel. I'll likely go with the BC coilovers down the road. I guess I should've just bit the bullet to begin with.

Feel any difference with the Titan being around 5lbs lighter??

Needs a 215/40/17 tire. Still looks really good on the Magnetic color.
Definitely agree. A meaty 215 at that. And thanks though I'm still not sure if I'm happy. Classy, yes, but not sure the color is how I pictured.

Feel any difference with the Titan being around 5lbs lighter??
To be honest, haven't run around in low gear much yet. Just a highway trip back to work. I would guess it would be apparent in 1st and 2nd. Honestly, I'll be surprised if I notice a difference. I think the low end torque probably masks the effect. With a linear NA car it would probably be easier to detect subtle changes like that.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I like the wheel but I agree about them needing bigger tires and looking a little "blingy" in that finish.

RaptorRacing

Vendor
Definitely agree. A meaty 215 at that. And thanks though I'm still not sure if I'm happy. Classy, yes, but not sure the color is how I pictured.

To be honest, haven't run around in low gear much yet. Just a highway trip back to work. I would guess it would be apparent in 1st and 2nd. Honestly, I'll be surprised if I notice a difference. I think the low end torque probably masks the effect. With a linear NA car it would probably be easier to detect subtle changes like that.
Yup...same here...didn't feel anything huge. To me the steering felt a little lighter but in terms of anything else it was barely noticeable.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
I know I started this thread but I will prolly pass over the Titan. The xxr 527 is almost identical for less

I know I started this thread but I will prolly pass over the Titan. The xxr 527 is almost identical for less
They are a little heavier but I also considered them in flat black. They are so cheap I would be tempted to get a set of them as well and maybe do street tires on one set and track tires on the Rotas.

OK...I take it back. I had the Cobb RMM off the car and my OEM battery back in for a dealer visit. Now that I put that stuff back on and have driven in low gears, I'm convinced I can feel a noticeable difference from the wheel weight.

Frankly the car is pretty damned impressive on the street with my weight under 2700lbs and the light wheels plus Cobb RMM traction improvement. Almost...almost has me satisfied with the stock power but I know a pro-tune and intercooler will be mind blowing.

Also, a better shot out of the blazing sunlight:

OK...I take it back. I had the Cobb RMM off the car and my OEM battery back in for a dealer visit. Now that I put that stuff back on and have driven in low gears, I'm convinced I can feel a noticeable difference from the wheel weight.

Frankly the car is pretty damned impressive on the street with my weight under 2700lbs and the light wheels plus Cobb RMM traction improvement. Almost...almost has me satisfied with the stock power but I know a pro-tune and intercooler will be mind blowing.

Also, a better shot out of the blazing sunlight:

Are you still using the stock potenzas on these wheels? Would you recommend the 17x8? Or would 17x7.5 be a better fit?

Are you still using the stock potenzas on these wheels? Would you recommend the 17x8? Or would 17x7.5 be a better fit?
Stock for now. Not sure if the 7.5 would have the same face profile. I think once I put a 225 or 215 in a wider stickier tire the 17x8 will pay off. Right now the stock tires are pretty stretched.

digging up this thread... lol
Accel, do you think youll have clearance issues with 215s or do you have plenty of room sitting on the swift springs?

What hub centric ring would you need for these? I thought they came in our hub bore so we wouldn't need one?

digging up this thread... lol
Accel, do you think youll have clearance issues with 215s or do you have plenty of room sitting on the swift springs?
To be honest, not sure. The Swift springs are not that low and right now with as much stretch as the 205s have, I'm inclined to think a 215 will be no problem. My OEM tires are getting murdered quickly so I doubt it'll be much longer before I finally upgrade the tires.

I think I am about ready to pull the trigger on these. Going to go with the 7.5". Not sure what tires I am going to get yet but they will be 215/40r17. I do not care for the stretched look myself. Been looking for the right wheels forever. These are as close as I have seen for what I want in size, weight. I like the looks of the Rota Blitz or the Sparco ProCorsa better but they are so heavy.

Absolutely love these wheels! Was going to go with the 17x7.5's on Amazon and run hub centric rings like shown above, but I see 18Racing has the 17x7.5 with a 63.4mm bore on their site. Just costs a little more. Decisions...

I think I am about ready to pull the trigger on these. Going to go with the 7.5". Not sure what tires I am going to get yet but they will be 215/40r17. I do not care for the stretched look myself. Been looking for the right wheels forever. These are as close as I have seen for what I want in size, weight. I like the looks of the Rota Blitz or the Sparco ProCorsa better but they are so heavy.
Have you pulled the trigger on these yet? If so, any pictures?