Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Turbosmart BOV vs Turbosmart BOV

So, I noticed after looking around the Mountune website, that they have a version of the Turbosmart Kompact BOV kit that actually replaces the Sound Symposer. Now, I was thinking of getting just the regular Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, but I was also looking in to getting the Moutune Sound Symposer delete.

This seems to be the best of both worlds. I mean it replaces the sound symposer and gives any added benefit from the after market BOV. It even appears to be cheaper than Turbosmart Dual Port BOV straight form Turbosmart, yet it's the same thing? Right? I dunno cause I've never replaced a BOV before and I also have no experience with either method of this BOV. Is it too good to be true? You're saving money from the regular Turbosmart BOV and saving money on buying a Mountune Sound Symposer delete.

Mountune Symposer Delete = $39
Mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV Kit = $189

Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port = $283

(according to their manufacturers websites)

Now am I missing something? Is it just better to go with the Turbosmarts own version of the BOV and add the Mountune Symposer Delete for a total of $322 ... Or go with the Mountune BOV that does both for $189?

Does anyone have any experience with the Mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV Kit and can recommend it? I mean the difference between both setups is $133? Is it too good to be true?

felopr

So, I noticed after looking around the Mountune website, that they have a version of the Turbosmart Kompact BOV kit that actually replaces the Sound Symposer. Now, I was thinking of getting just the regular Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, but I was also looking in to getting the Moutune Sound Symposer delete.

This seems to be the best of both worlds. I mean it replaces the sound symposer and gives any added benefit from the after market BOV. It even appears to be cheaper than Turbosmart Dual Port BOV straight form Turbosmart, yet it's the same thing? Right? I dunno cause I've never replaced a BOV before and I also have no experience with either method of this BOV. Is it too good to be true? You're saving money from the regular Turbosmart BOV and saving money on buying a Mountune Sound Symposer delete.

Mountune Symposer Delete = $39
Mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV Kit = $189

Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port = $283

(according to their manufacturers websites)

Now am I missing something? Is it just better to go with the Turbosmarts own version of the BOV and add the Mountune Symposer Delete for a total of $322 ... Or go with the Mountune BOV that does both for $189?

Does anyone have any experience with the Mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV Kit and can recommend it? I mean the difference between both setups is $133? Is it too good to be true?
link to items in mind

Quick google search got me this

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/...MIgOXt9r6s1wIViF9-Ch2A8QXVEAQYAyABEgIO3_D_BwE

Made to fit our stock turbo. You would still need the symposer delete but it would still be less. However these turbosmart valves need to be tuned because they can cause flutter. If it were me... it would be a lot easier to tune it if the valve were place where the symposer is now. Instead of having to remove the wheel and jack it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Quick google search got me this

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/...MIgOXt9r6s1wIViF9-Ch2A8QXVEAQYAyABEgIO3_D_BwE

Made to fit our stock turbo. You would still need the symposer delete but it would still be less. However these turbosmart valves need to be tuned because they can cause flutter. If it were me... it would be a lot easier to tune it if the valve were place where the symposer is now. Instead of having to remove the wheel and jack it up

just as an FYI the Turbosmart part number in the link is for this application:
Turbosmart 11-12 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost BOV Kompact Dual

it doesn't come with the boost tap, CEL defender, etc. that the Fiesta specific kits come with which is why the price is so low as well

I've seen a lot about flutter and surging with the BOV and BPV options for these cars. How is this avoided with the Whoosh kit or Mountune kit? Would love to see a similar Whoosh kit for the symposer but with a BPV arrangement instead for less noise but stability under boost.

just as an FYI the Turbosmart part number in the link is for this application:
Turbosmart 11-12 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost BOV Kompact Dual

it doesn't come with the boost tap, CEL defender, etc. that the Fiesta specific kits come with which is why the price is so low as well
Ah yes thank you for the save good sir

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've seen a lot about flutter and surging with the BOV and BPV options for these cars. How is this avoided with the Whoosh kit or Mountune kit? Would love to see a similar Whoosh kit for the symposer but with a BPV arrangement instead for less noise but stability under boost.
I don't have any reports of flutter with the symposer kit. I run it as well and don't have the issue.
I'm on the stock turbo right now as well.

I like the fact that the valve is right by the throttle body on the intercooler cold side charge pipe and is SUPER easy to adjust. That could be the reason....
The dual port that mounts on the turbo is also adjustable but what a royal pain adjusting that little thing to get it just right....

I don't have any reports of flutter with the symposer kit. I run it as well and don't have the issue.
I'm on the stock turbo right now as well.

I like the fact that the valve is right by the throttle body on the intercooler cold side charge pipe and is SUPER easy to adjust. That could be the reason....
The dual port that mounts on the turbo is also adjustable but what a royal pain adjusting that little thing to get it just right....
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. What do you need to adjust on the BOV after installl? Would it hurt to wrap the BOV in breathable foam or something to quiet it down a bit? Always thought the BPV was better for turbo cars because it helped re-use air for turbo spool back into the engine vs dumping to atmosphere.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. What do you need to adjust on the BOV after installl? Would it hurt to wrap the BOV in breathable foam or something to quiet it down a bit? Always thought the BPV was better for turbo cars because it helped re-use air for turbo spool back into the engine vs dumping to atmosphere.
I'm not sure I would wrap anything around the BOV - this is one you would install because it is loud.
Under normal driving it doesn't blow off like the BOV plates that insert between the OEM bypass and the turbo but when boosting it does make itself known!
The reaction time of this vs a bypass valve are negligible if set up correctly. Also if you are going big turbo like the MRX or any AGP kit you'll need something like this.
There are some pretty picky and experienced hybrid turbo users that have this BOV kit that haven't reported boost drop per gear and I haven't noticed anything noticeable either.
I can't say with certainly that it wouldn't show some slight difference in a data log though...

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
One more option is our Boost Operated BOV as found here: http://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-boost-operated-blow-off-valve/

Or our BPV for those not wanting the noise: http://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-boost-operated-bypass-valve-full-recirculation/

Our kit is complete and comes with everything needed for install. No need to buy vacuum line or deal with various deletes. Also works with no special tuning. A huge upgrade to the OEM piece.