Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford fixed my window trim today!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
During the Winter months, ice can readily pull your door insulation apart. Part of my Winter prep includes applying liberal amounts of silicon spray lubricant to the door and trunk opening seals; rubber in general. (excluding wipers) There may be something more appropriate for the window tracks. If the Service Manual doesn't specify a lubricant I'll have to ask the service techs.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #9
I guess this needs more explanation. My trim was wrinkled and Ford agreed to fix it under warranty. The part came in and they said it didn't fit properly. They said they could paint the trim and it would look good.

I got my car back with weather stripping damaged, clips missing, and overspray on the windows.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Any photos you take of the shoddy work, shouldn't include your fingers. It provides unwarranted opportunity to say that you're pulling it apart. Include those pics exposing the damaged underpinnings only as secondary photos.

Crappy work and outright childish abuse of the car is precisely why I don't want any 'chanic touching my vehicles outside of my presence. If you can manage to get ahold of just the parts, ALL of the parts meaning the clips and any lubricants for self-installation, it's what I'd do.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #11
One of the pictures is the service person at the body shop. They agreed to replace all the weather stripping and clips so there's that.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #12
I basically was given the car back and on the spot pointed it all out and took pictures to document. I've been having other issues lately.

I just replaced the weather seal on both the passenger door side last week. Mine needed replacement after the roof rack clamp cracked the rubber. Ordered the parts from Tasca and installed the trim myself. The new weather trim should have all new clips attached to the trim. Wonder why they are saying that there are clips missing.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #14
I just replaced the weather seal on both the passenger door side last week. Mine needed replacement after the roof rack clamp cracked the rubber. Ordered the parts from Tasca and installed the trim myself. The new weather trim should have all new clips attached to the trim. Wonder why they are saying that there are clips missing.
The replacement was for the black vinyl around the windows. They messed up this as a result

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
Well 2nd attempt failed. Still issues.

Old vinyl overlay remaining in the crack

Third try tomorrow