Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wing risers fading.

Trader history for DAPR (0)

OP
D
Thread Starter #41
Nope, I'm not like that. I'll just spend my money elsewhere in the future and make sure I tell others to do the same. It's amazing how much word of mouth can do!

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #42
Bought the FSWerks shift plate. That could have been money spent at Boomba.

jeff

2000 Post Club
My friend, let it go.

Boomba is a good company. All good companies make mistakes and have issues. Would that we would have grace for them because we'll need it sometime for something we goof up on and inconvenience someone, whether intentionally or not.

Send me your address I'm gonna mail you a Starbucks gift card to cheer you up.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #46
My friend, let it go.

Boomba is a good company. All good companies make mistakes and have issues. Would that we would have grace for them because we'll need it sometime for something we goof up on and inconvenience someone, whether intentionally or not.

Send me your address I'm gonna mail you a Starbucks gift card to cheer you up.
The point is as a company, especially a forum sponsor you should try to do right by your customers. If you post on here and say a problem is a thing of the past encouraging someone to by your product, you should at least have the customer service to back your claim.

I just don't want anyone else thinking that buy spending the extra money and going with Boomba you are going to get a quality product. The finish was poor and so was the customer service.

AzNightmare

I'm late to all this... I'm super picky with anything in my car and I would have been incredibly pissed too.

The only Boomba item I have is their ultimate shift kit. I don't know if there are other competitors with a whole shift kit replacement (not just the shift plate) so that's why I went with Boomba.
That product has been top notch, and when needed help with installation, a sales rep on facebook messenger was walking me through.

They're not a bad brand as a whole, but there are definitely different vendors with different levels of customer service.

--

I'm personally using a different vendor for my wing risers. They're 3D printed and UV coated though, so no risk of colours fading. I've had them for 1.5 years and they're still holding strong.
I also bought diffuser fins from this vendor, where there was a mistake on one, and they sent me a new batch free, and told me to keep the old ones, don't worry about it.

haste

1000 Post Club
"1-You can send the risers back to us and we will have them re-anodized for you.

OR
2-We can offer you a discount on your next Boomba purchase.
OR
3-We can send you a Boomba T-shirt in your choice of size or a Boomba beanie."

Boomba just lost a customer.
Yep...same here. Remove the product to be re-anodized? Basically, perform the installation process three times because of a faulty finish on the product...yeah, right. It's not like I am going to leave the wing off the car while the spacers are re-anodized.
Boomba lost me as a customer 3 years ago because of this issue.

I bought black and about 2 months after the installation...

OP
D
Thread Starter #49
I'm late to all this... I'm super picky with anything in my car and I would have been incredibly pissed too.

The only Boomba item I have is their ultimate shift kit. I don't know if there are other competitors with a whole shift kit replacement (not just the shift plate) so that's why I went with Boomba.
That product has been top notch, and when needed help with installation, a sales rep on facebook messenger was walking me through.

They're not a bad brand as a whole, but there are definitely different vendors with different levels of customer service.

--

I'm personally using a different vendor for my wing risers. They're 3D printed and UV coated though, so no risk of colours fading. I've had them for 1.5 years and they're still holding strong.
I also bought diffuser fins from this vendor, where there was a mistake on one, and they sent me a new batch free, and told me to keep the old ones, don't worry about it.
Thank you so much. Still no resolution.

haste

1000 Post Club
I haven't forgotten. Boomba will never get another dime of my money.

AzNightmare

lol, ultimate shift kit, superb.

Wing risers.... well, simply too simple of a product, lots of equal or better quality alternatives from other vendors, and even knockoff clones available online... [wiggle]

Boomba replaced my first set due to fading. they said the first company that did the anodizing had a problem. the 2nd set did the same thing. Went from black to purple to silver. you can hardly see them. They are staying on my car, not worth it to take off and paint.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Making sure this stays around.
Hey man I'm sorry this happened to you but do you live your whole life this way? My e-mail inbox keeps getting your "never forget" updates....how long is this gonna go on? Do you have a weekly reminder to bump this thread as such?

I know it sucks but at some point we'd probably all like to forget that your wing risers faded. PM me your address I'm gonna send you a gift card for a steak or something as a gesture of goodwill and forgiveness toward Boomba, the company that let you down but could not be that terrible and maybe just made a bad call here but maybe we can all just move on...I'll stand in the gap between you and Boomba and offer some reconciliation on their part...heck if you're ever down in Georgia stop by my house for a beer on me and I'll tape up your car and repaint your wing risers with some high-grade acrylic paint, they will look perfect.

OP
D
Thread Starter #57
Hey man I'm sorry this happened to you but do you live your whole life this way? My e-mail inbox keeps getting your "never forget" updates....how long is this gonna go on? Do you have a weekly reminder to bump this thread as such?

I know it sucks but at some point we'd probably all like to forget that your wing risers faded. PM me your address I'm gonna send you a gift card for a steak or something as a gesture of goodwill and forgiveness toward Boomba, the company that let you down but could not be that terrible and maybe just made a bad call here but maybe we can all just move on...I'll stand in the gap between you and Boomba and offer some reconciliation on their part...heck if you're ever down in Georgia stop by my house for a beer on me and I'll tape up your car and repaint your wing risers with some high-grade acrylic paint, they will look perfect.
Thanks for your offer but the point is that they should step up and correct the issue for those that have had issues. It's not just me. Their anodized finish is not properly treated to hold up to UV exposure. Something they said publically has been fixed that clearly isn't.

The easiest solution would have been to ship out free replacements. Hell offer to powder coat the replacements or have them properly UV sealed. Seeing that with the risers one shouldn't be expected to reinstall the factory wing or run without it.

I've already removed and painted them. I just want to make others aware of how they handle customer service.

You can unsubscribe to stop the updates.

If people have that much of an issue with me, buy my car at asking price(it's for sale) and I'll leave the cool kids club be.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks for your offer but the point is that they should step up and correct the issue for those that have had issues. It's not just me. Their anodized finish is not properly treated to hold up to UV exposure. Something they said publically has been fixed that clearly isn't.

The easiest solution would have been to ship out free replacements. Hell offer to powder coat the replacements or have them properly UV sealed. Seeing that with the risers one shouldn't be expected to reinstall the factory wing or run without it.

I've already removed and painted them. I just want to make others aware of how they handle customer service.

You can unsubscribe to stop the updates.

If people have that much of an issue with me, buy my car at asking price(it's for sale) and I'll leave the cool kids club be.
Meh, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. Just trying to brighten your day man. Good luck with your sale!

AzNightmare

Jeff's a cool guy. Always willing to offer level headed review on parts and advice on builds, here and on YouTube.