Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #163
Easily shorten throws and increase shifter feel with our short shift transmission adapter!

Business6

I just installed this like a half hour ago: are you guys sure it's a 20% reduction and not 90%? [:)] Seriously, the travel to 2nd, 4th and 6th gears is like a fingernail. 1st, 3rd and 5th gears are much shorter, too. It's going to take a while to get used to this. Definitely recommend removing the battery tray to do this but it's a really straightforward install. For reference I have both bushing sets installed as well.

In regards to reverse, though, it feels like there's a lot more resistance but it's a much more negative feel. Is this common?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #166
I just installed this like a half hour ago: are you guys sure it's a 20% reduction and not 90%? [:)] Seriously, the travel to 2nd, 4th and 6th gears is like a fingernail. 1st, 3rd and 5th gears are much shorter, too. It's going to take a while to get used to this. Definitely recommend removing the battery tray to do this but it's a really straightforward install. For reference I have both bushing sets installed as well.

In regards to reverse, though, it feels like there's a lot more resistance but it's a much more negative feel. Is this common?
Late response but the added resistance going into reverse is a added symptom of the shorter lever/throw. The shorter the level/throw, the more force it'll take to engage a gear. Typically, we recommend our heavier Boomba shift knobs to help counteract the requirement of increased force for engaging gears with a short throw shifter.

SST

Boomba, not sure if this had been asked before, how come installing this adaptor doesn't require uninstalling battery+ecu require from the bushing? i thought they are in the same area?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #170
Boomba, not sure if this had been asked before, how come installing this adaptor doesn't require uninstalling battery+ecu require from the bushing? i thought they are in the same area?
The adapter is located to the left of the battery box/ecu. By removing the air box and intake hose, you can reach the shifter arm without having to remove anything else.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #172
so the bushings are right below the battery?
For the bushings, yes the battery box and ECU do have to be removed. For just the transmission bracket, just the airbox and intake hose needs to be removed.

Lil late to the party but I installed one of these on my FiST today and LOVE it! Such a positive feel with all the added weight paired with the slightly shortened throw. Bang up job guys. Well done!