Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart EM BOV's now available for your Fiesta - True plug and play upgrades!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nice

I have the 50/50, kinda thinking about going to the plumb back- I heard it had more of the turkey gobble sound and less pssssh. Still want to hear how it sounds before i throw down.
The em 50/50 definitely has a clean sound to it. Definitely gives it a little bit more personality.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm looking for some clips of the plumb back versions sound, I want a little more turkey gobble and a little less psshh. Cops here are getting aggressive about pulling over modified cars and the pssssh is pretty obvious.

Anyone with clips of *specifically* this DV, plumb back version, please share!
Here's mine, if you're into the "show me yours I'll show you mine" type thing ;)

slopoke

I'm looking for some clips of the plumb back versions sound, I want a little more turkey gobble and a little less psshh. Cops here are getting aggressive about pulling over modified cars and the pssssh is pretty obvious.

Here's mine, if you're into the "show me yours I'll show you mine" type thing ;)
I have the electronic plumb back version. No sound at all. The only way that you should be able to get any blow off sound that you can hear is one that vents to atmosphere. If you get "turkey gobble" that's not good, the turbo is surging.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have the electronic plumb back version. No sound at all. The only way that you should be able to get any blow off sound that you can hear is one that vents to atmosphere. If you get "turkey gobble" that's not good, the turbo is surging.
Do you have an intake? If you don't it should be silent, if you do have one there should be some degree of turkey gobbles :D - I am a giant man child and I like when my toys make sounds!

Ah i see in your sig the st200 intake, IIRC that mutes most of the recirc noise too right? So no turkey gobble with that I believe (no more than stock I think).

I know it doesn't add anything, I just think its fun since I can't ride motorcycles anymore

slopoke

Do you have an intake? If you don't it should be silent, if you do have one there should be some degree of turkey gobbles :D - I am a giant man child and I like when my toys make sounds!

Ah i see in your sig the st200 intake, IIRC that mutes most of the recirc noise too right? So no turkey gobble with that I believe (no more than stock I think).

I know it doesn't add anything, I just think its fun since I can't ride motorcycles anymore
Read this article and I wonder if you still want the "turkey gobble" sound.

http://www.themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2016/3/14/p6rwfjc50rjfsr2vtqkk3njyfv84bn

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Read this article and I wonder if you still want the "turkey gobble" sound.

http://www.themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2016/3/14/p6rwfjc50rjfsr2vtqkk3njyfv84bn
Yeah I'm familiar - I don't want egregious turbo noise (like when I accidentally reassembled the stock DV with the GFB DV+ spring whoops). Honestly, with my intake the turkey gobble is there even with the stock DV, I just want it back without the leaky stock dv. I've had a few grand nationals and they all turkey gobbled even while stock :p - what I want is a bit of audible flutter, not forced surging. Thats why I want to use the turbosmart DV instead of a vacuum actuated item.

My omni GLH was probably the silliest one, the flutter was so much bigger than the car. After going to an external blowoff on the GLH I also put a piece of innertube on the bell mouth so it farted (just for an evening, not long term).

slopoke

Not to derail the thread, but Fiesta for me is sort of a replacement for motorcycles too. Guns were kind of a substitute. Started riding in 1975, legally in 1978, first bike was a Yamaha XS-500. Next was a KZ-650, first generation Katana 1000, first and second generation GSXR-750s, FZR-600, R-1, GSXR-1000, ZX12R, FZ-1. Did three seasons each with the WSMC at Willow Springs and AFM at Sears point. Put my wife through hell by going off at turn one at Willow, then a few get offs at over a buck at Sears Point, one requiring an air ambulance ride to the hospital. Lastly, some asshat rear ended me on the freeway while I was doing normal freeway speed and the CHP estimated that he was doing 90ish. Put me out of work for 10 months.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Not to derail the thread, but Fiesta for me is sort of a replacement for motorcycles too. Guns were kind of a substitute. Started riding in 1975, legally in 1978, first bike was a Yamaha XS-500. Next was a KZ-650, first generation Katana 1000, first and second generation GSXR-750s, FZR-600, R-1, GSXR-1000, ZX12R, FZ-1. Did three seasons each with the WSMC at Willow Springs and AFM at Sears point. Put my wife through hell by going off at turn one at Willow, then a few get offs at over a buck at Sears Point, one requiring an air ambulance ride to the hospital. Lastly, some asshat rear ended me on the freeway while I was doing normal freeway speed and the CHP estimated that he was doing 90ish. Put me out of work for 10 months.
At one point I had 11 bikes in the garage :p

I fell in love with Kawasaki KZ's because of Mad Max, so I had several (including a Z1R turbo!). I developed some neurological issues a few years ago and my hands slipped off the bars mid-corner. I decided at that time to see a doc, at this point I can kinda use my hands but I can only pull the clutch 1-2 times before I lose the use of that arm for the day. The first car I bought to "scratch the itch" of motorcycling was a 500 abarth (I MEAN HAVE YOU HEARD ONE???)- did the job amazingly well but it was in for service 4 of the first 12 months I owned it. My lawyer got me my money back and I picked up the FiST instead which is a great car but lacked the abarths nippy character. Now my mission has been to abarth-ify the FiST by roughing up some of the edges, because it worked *too well* at times, too smooth, too quiet.

https://youtu.be/SvCIJYo9YhM

My SECOND em bov has failed on me. The first was warranted by Turbosmart due to sticking open. Now this one is sticking closed (assuming electrical failure). I’ll be switching to vacuum operated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #91
My SECOND em bov has failed on me. The first was warranted by Turbosmart due to sticking open. Now this one is sticking closed (assuming electrical failure). I’ll be switching to vacuum operated.

does the OEM diverter function properly on your car? This seems like your connector on the engine's harness may have an issue with the EM's valve operation
just a guess since there have not been failures like this reported and you now have 2
I'm just curious if something else is helping cause the valve to not operate properly

does the OEM diverter function properly on your car? This seems like your connector on the engine's harness may have an issue with the EM's valve operation
just a guess since there have not been failures like this reported and you now have 2
I'm just curious if something else is helping cause the valve to not operate properly
I thought the same thing at first but the oem diverter valve works just fine. Is there a way to check the voltage to the valve through COBB? I have an access port.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I thought the same thing at first but the oem diverter valve works just fine. Is there a way to check the voltage to the valve through COBB? I have an access port.

I'm wondering if mine has already failed after ~ 1 hour of use.
I swapped from the EM VR2 dual port to the EM VR2 plumb back due to the excessive constabulary attention the dual port was getting.
After installing the plumb back (intake is all back to stock, everything but exhaust and IC is back to stock, excluding the turbosmart DV) it worked fine, was really quiet like the OEM one except for a slightly more audible part-throttle flutter. After about an hour of drive time the amount of flutter started to increase, and now when it's actually venting it sounds like a whistle and the car is running "odd". I've attached a video, I would love if another plumb-back user could chime in as to whether this is normal or not. I have not heard this sound in an any youtube videos of the plumb back.

[video=youtube;YNXdc7lCuk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNXdc7lCuk4[/video]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
When I drove my car once after not plugging the DV back in on accident, for about 5 min. The flutter sounds cool but new something was not right. If I had to guess I would say its barely opening. Not as loud as completely shut like mine was. If you find out let us know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
When I drove my car once after not plugging the DV back in on accident, for about 5 min. The flutter sounds cool but new something was not right. If I had to guess I would say its barely opening. Not as loud as completely shut like mine was. If you find out let us know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks - I'll inspect it when I get home today.

Just to update everyone, Turbosmart is sending me a third valve. They mentioned they released an updated valve this past week and said that the ford electronics have been finicky on certain cars causing potential issues. Great customer service on their part, just hope the third time is the charm. If not I’ll be moving to a mechanical valve.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just to update everyone, Turbosmart is sending me a third valve. They mentioned they released an updated valve this past week and said that the ford electronics have been finicky on certain cars causing potential issues. Great customer service on their part, just hope the third time is the charm. If not I’ll be moving to a mechanical valve.

When you get your new one, can you snap a pic of the inside of the connector (to the stock dv harness)?

I recommend everyone stay away from this valve. This is my third replacement and the plug in fell off. No force applied or anything, literally just fell off. It’s not a matter of if this valve will fail, it’s when. I’ve lost 240 bucks on this deal but I don’t want anyone else to go through the same thing I did. Be warned.

Turbosmart has came to the rescue again. They are going to give me a mechanical valve due to all my issues with the EM. Great customer service from their group.